Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Who has gotten by on the F2P model?

Spartan336

I've gone a total of... 4 years? Jeez has it been 4 years...

*Ahem*

...4 years without buying plat and just grinding everything out, which might change here really soon since, let's be honest, DE deserves money.

I'm wondering if anyone else has done a pure F2P play through of Warframe, and if not, how long did you last until you payed some green? 

Just now, AlendasNaro said:

If DE manages to pull of PoE without any great bugs. I think they should have a bathtub filled with money. It is quite big update... And if I am correct... Probably the biggest they have worked on what comes on warframe.

Yeah. They said it was Warframe's biggest update to-date. 

I've spent $10 on the game when I got a 75% discount a year ago once but other than that I have made my way through Warframe as a free ninja. (Not that I haven't wanted to give DE money, I'm just not in the financial position to spend money on games)

I've been going for 4 years, never spent any money on this game. Reason is that I found nothing that is appealing to me, and also because I have a tendency of saving money for rainy days.

Don't tale it the wrong way, warframe has a few nice pieces, like chroma dynasty, and that trinity skin, but it doesn't "click" with me.

Since primed frames look fantastic with their primed skins as is, i don't see the reason to spend money, yet.

I spent alittle for I wanted to as it don't feel like having a gun toward you head when you play and to keep the game around they need money.  But this is 1 of 2  f2p I ever spent money on out of alot of f2p games I played. Most feels like  a gun to your head  to pay or get out feeling and don't last long in those.

I've never had to spend money on WF. Even Path of Exile, while also considered a generous model, pales in comparison to WFs f2p model. 

It almost feels like a waste of money to buy plat in WF because it's so easy to come by. Even prime access is ridiculously easy to farm within days of it's release. I didn't even try to farm the current address and I still have random rare parts for it. I've passed up 75% discounts simply because it made no sense to buy 1k in plat even I could make that in a few trades 

Never spent a dime. I have every MR item (except Snipetron) and decent selection of cosmetics as well.  Expenses like slots are pocket change for me because I have around 2000p at any given time.

I was very active in trade chat, but I've slowed down since there isn't much for me to spend plat on anymore.  It's easy to make plat for free in Warframe.  I still feel that I am contributing to DE's financial well being because my farming gives players that spend money something to buy.  It takes both spenders and suppliers to make a healthy free to play game economy.  

Also, coupons work differently on console.  Instead of a discount when we buy plat with real money, our coupons give us a discount on a market purchase.  PC is better for the player who plans to spend money, console is better for the free to play tenno,

Edited by (XB1)ThermalStone