Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Should I sell or keep my Carrier Prime set?

frogdivision

Question

10 answers to this question

IMO the Sweeper Prime is a very good sentinel weapon and is worth getting, but that depends on if you prefer range on your sentinel guns. Carrier Prime's extra HP is also nice. it basically depends on how much you like Carrier, if you don't really care about it then there are a billion players who would sell their entire account for a Carrier Prime set.

9 minutes ago, Daniel3016 said:

I just got the full set for carrier prime, which was vaulted recently. Would I better off selling it for platinum, trading or keeping it?

Have you already used one? Carrier Prime is a reasonable sentinel, so, if not you might be better just crafting it.

I have not really seen many people selling or buying them lately - last one I saw they wanted to pay 50 - 60 :platinum: for it. top current ONLINE buyer on the market sites wants to pay 40 p

Here is the issue you will have if you try to sell it:

Supply: 1790 units (72.26%) - Demand: 687 units (27.74%) (Nexus stat)

Edited by krc473

Carrier is hands down the sentinel with the best survivability. If you don't care about the specific skills of the other sentinels, definitely build the Carrier Prime for yourself.

If nothing else, you'll be swearing at yourself later when supply has dried up, it costs ten times as much, and you're missing its mastery points for your next rank.

If you don't have carrier prime allready it can be really good for some ammo eating weapons like amprex and more. Reason it got a ammo convertion skill  for you so you  can save that mod slot on the weapon. I just use it for ammo weapons  rest of the time I rather use helios for the scans and damage buff it do on scans.

Edited by Emolition

1 hour ago, YUNoJump said:

Sweeper Prime is a very good sentinel weapon and is worth getting, but that depends on if you prefer range on your sentinel guns

Eh, I'm using Sweeper Prime on Diriga :P

The damage and accuracy losses at range aren't insignificant but neither are they crippling,
it's pretty funny to watch your Sentinel mow down low-level (and at least CC higher-level) enemies up to 70m away while you dance :D

1 hour ago, YUNoJump said:

there are a billion players who would sell their entire account for a Carrier Prime set

I am ever so slightly questioning the veracity of that statement,
there are plenty of Carrier Prime sets sitting in players' inventories / getting sold for a mere 50-ish Plat.

1 hour ago, Naaya said:

I really like Carrier. Should I buy Carrier Prime now or is he likely to get unvaulted in the next 1-3months?

That's a tricky one I think - whilst it's reasonably clear which order items enter the vault (following the Prime Access order) the unvaulting seems arbitrary and depends on DE. Bottom line is it went in with Ash and Vectis at the end of May this year; if I had to guess I would think it won't emerge for a while yet as other sets will take precedence. Could be wrong though :smile: 

2 hours ago, (Xbox One)Cotton Tail said:

That's a tricky one I think - whilst it's reasonably clear which order items enter the vault (following the Prime Access order) the unvaulting seems arbitrary and depends on DE. Bottom line is it went in with Ash and Vectis at the end of May this year; if I had to guess I would think it won't emerge for a while yet as other sets will take precedence. Could be wrong though :smile: 

This is one of the reasons I couldn't decide. I had parts from mag prime and boar prime which i was waiting to increase in price before selling but then the rhino/mag prime vault was opened. I started building carrier prime because of this. i already have normal carrier and use him quite a lot but it gets killed easily, so the better stats of the prime version should help