Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mirage Rework

Grimmstyler

With all the changes to the warframes, i figured id add my opinion to changes of mirage..

-Dopplegangers- need a larger window to see thru dopplegangers.. Plenty of times im in a tight space dark Kuva Flood (e.g. any Mutalist Ship and Ceres) and cant see Kuva or its too crowded with lvl 100 enemys..

-Sleight of Hand (power 2) augment idea - disables spy mission lasers and such and/or +sec to timer on hacking (like intruder) since theres been no rework for mirage to rescue or spy missions.. Original Explosive Ledgerman Augment i bet is never used..

-Explosive Ledgerman Augment Mod - I like this idea, but it should clone drops so they can still be picked up

-Eclipse (power 3) - Complete Invisibility in the dark.. Says shes hard to see but the enemys still find me

-Total Eclipse Augment Mod - needs a aura of activity to show its active.. Been times i chat, but people dont read or is in clan chat for buff.. 

1 hour ago, DesFrSpace said:

Good Luck, and I didn't see a Prime MIrage happening anyhow. EDIT: YET (not even confirmed).

DE might open MEGA-Thread.

The Waits Quest, Continue.

That seems to be the only time i see a frame get reworked is when they go prime.. besides Mesas power 4 and Excal Javs

18 hours ago, (Xbox One)Demon Intellect said:

Her 1 needs some kinda change so it will stop getting weapons nerfed. Mirage + most weapons is op and the weapons get nerfed for it. Kinda dumb 1 frame ruins stuff for everyone.

And when it gets nerfed we jump onto chroma and vex armor, then octavia with amp.

I assume you talk about the synoid simulor what mainly got nerfed because of all the salty people here and yet DE never fixed what was the cause of the problem.

Her 1 was bugged with the orbs, they dealt 100% damage regardless of the build mirage used and at the same time they gained additional damage damage from her skills.

As far as I understand it with Mirage, her clones should go invisible for you when you're aiming. Aside from that nearly everyone has trouble noticing Kuva in dark, crowded missions, it's why it makes such a loud noise, you can listen for it.

Her Sleight of Hand could possibly benefit from more delay on things, often when you cast it in an area full of drops it's because you've just killed everything to make those drops. It needs a little time for you to cast it, then move back so that enemies chase you across the now-dangerous area. As for disabling the door traps... that's something I'd prefer to leave well enough alone.

Explosive Legerdemain is designed so that it's a drawback to using the ability; if you want the damage, you can't have the other drops. It's as simple as that, and I don't think you're going to see it changed.

And as for Eclipse, while I agree that the augment needs an Area of Effect highlight, you've misunderstood what the ability does in the shadows; it's a flat damage reduction, not a stealth mechanic. At rank 30 it grants you 75% damage reduction when you're standing in the shadows, it's not supposed to hide you, you can even get it up to 95% damage reduction with a strength build.

Some good points, some not so good, we'll see how she goes, hmm?

As for this one, thought I might jump in:

17 hours ago, Grimmstyler said:

That seems to be the only time i see a frame get reworked is when they go prime..

That's a more recent development, it's because we're reaching the point where DE realise that the frames they are making Prime have not been reworked yet, where before they had reworks to Excal, Frost, Ember, Saryn, Mag and Ash all at quite a distance from when they were Primed with Limbo getting a rework long before his Prime is due, but then the order of the Primed frames started to impinge on that rework schedule, so for Oberon Prime, they couldn't ignore that he was an unpopular frame (since this would mean less people buying Prime Access) and so fixed him. Same with Banshee, where she was literally the least played frame on consoles, and second only to Zephyr on PC, and again with Hydroid, the puddle boy being considered so bad with the single exception of his farming abilities by the vast majority of the fanbase couldn't be ignored.

So DE are just kind of realising that they are scheduled to bring out quite a few Prime frames that aren't in the best place in the game, so in order to maximise the chances that people buy Prime Access, they are making sure that these frames are functional and have some 'new' aspect to them in order to ensure reasonable income when each Prime Aceess pack comes around.

If it comes down to it, I personally believe that the only difference between whether DE brings out Zephyr Prime or Mirage Prime next (or an even more popular female frame like Mesa) is whether they have enough time after Plains of Eidolon drops to complete Zephyr's rework before December. If they have it in progress, but not complete, then Mirage will likely be the Prime for December, and then Zephyr will get the next slot in March, but worse, if they have no progress on Zephyr before the end of this year at all, then they're likely to bump Zephyr down altogether to the next round of Female Primes.

3 hours ago, Thaylien said:

Her Sleight of Hand could possibly benefit from more delay on things, often when you cast it in an area full of drops it's because you've just killed everything to make those drops. It needs a little time for you to cast it, then move back so that enemies chase you across the now-dangerous area. As for disabling the door traps... that's something I'd prefer to leave well enough alone.

Explosive Legerdemain is designed so that it's a drawback to using the ability; if you want the damage, you can't have the other drops. It's as simple as that, and I don't think you're going to see it changed.

What would you think about a toggle or Sleight Of Hand? OP?

5 minutes ago, SPARTAN-187.Thanatos said:

With Prism, I'd like to see the beams blind, and then detonation causes damage. The other ideas work for me.

Seems more OP than Excals Radial Blind because of the duration of the ball can catch enemies coming around corners..

I believe the beams, beam.. at a target in range of the disco ball.. (so if there is no beam and a enemy comes around a corner in range of the ball.. A beam will spawn on the enemy) 

7 hours ago, Fallen_Echo said:

And when it gets nerfed we jump onto chroma and vex armor, then octavia with amp.

I assume you talk about the synoid simulor what mainly got nerfed because of all the salty people here and yet DE never fixed what was the cause of the problem.

Her 1 was bugged with the orbs, they dealt 100% damage regardless of the build mirage used and at the same time they gained additional damage damage from her skills.

But those can't have insane damage and shoot a minimum of 3x for the cost of 1 ammo. Won't be surprised if the Lenz and the plasmor get nerfed soon because the CC is ungodly.

3 hours ago, Ordosan said:

honestly ledgermain needs to be part of slight of hand. since slight of hand sets lockers and consoles as traps but everything else blows up. so why does it need a mod to make pickups do the same thing as the rest of the skill?

But Explosive Ledgerman is at the expense of not picking up any resources if trapped..I 

thinkit should just come the drops

4 hours ago, Grimmstyler said:

But Explosive Ledgerman is at the expense of not picking up any resources if trapped..I 

thinkit should just come the drops

I was under the idea that they blew up regardless. at least ive always saw my ammo explode when i used slight of hand.

9 hours ago, (Xbox One)Demon Intellect said:

But those can't have insane damage and shoot a minimum of 3x for the cost of 1 ammo. Won't be surprised if the Lenz and the plasmor get nerfed soon because the CC is ungodly.

Insane damage? Have you not seen the vex armor chroma videos on youtube? Mirage cant even get close to those.

You know what is mirages damage stats?

At max power strenght the clones deal +20% damage and if you use her 3 you can get +598% (without energy conversation) Total +618% damage in three shots.

Chroma at max p.strenght gets 623% damage bonus and x10.47 armor bonus.

While mirage shoots out 3 projectiles and that effectively triples her damage but at the same time she is the second weakest frame just after limbo and at the moment the enemy starts to use aoe weapons her illusions cant save her anymore.

Its also worth noting that the plasmor is the fifth strongest shotgun and i doubt they would nerf it when theres 4 more powerful guns infront of it, it also has a lenghty reload time and a really slow firerate and the base punchtrought only works on mobs and not the enviroment.

The lenz is slow, delayed, has a low ammo count and low status chance along with self damage, if it gets nerfed they might aswell remove it from the game because anymore weaknesses added to it change the weapon from balanced to useless.

On 9/30/2017 at 12:14 AM, Ordosan said:

I was under the idea that they blew up regardless. at least ive always saw my ammo explode when i used slight of hand.

Yea thats pretty gay.. it should just clone the drops.. and be a toggle power..

I mean if you leave Sleight of Hand on.. it could be energy draining..

I havent looked at it that hard.. but it really depends on Duration/Effciency/Range/Strength mods for Sleight of Hand to be a toggle and synergize with her other abilities

On 9/30/2017 at 3:43 AM, Fallen_Echo said:

Insane damage? Have you not seen the vex armor chroma videos on youtube? Mirage cant even get close to those.

You know what is mirages damage stats?

At max power strenght the clones deal +20% damage and if you use her 3 you can get +598% (without energy conversation) Total +618% damage in three shots.

Chroma at max p.strenght gets 623% damage bonus and x10.47 armor bonus.

While mirage shoots out 3 projectiles and that effectively triples her damage but at the same time she is the second weakest frame just after limbo and at the moment the enemy starts to use aoe weapons her illusions cant save her anymore.

Its also worth noting that the plasmor is the fifth strongest shotgun and i doubt they would nerf it when theres 4 more powerful guns infront of it, it also has a lenghty reload time and a really slow firerate and the base punchtrought only works on mobs and not the enviroment.

The lenz is slow, delayed, has a low ammo count and low status chance along with self damage, if it gets nerfed they might aswell remove it from the game because anymore weaknesses added to it change the weapon from balanced to useless.

Since you only partially read my post in only going to partially read yours. You can't shoot 3 different shots as chroma.

• 2 months later...

I've always wanted Mirage's Hall of Mirrors to act like Equinox's duality augment but creates 2 specters of herself that have no hitbox. They fight with Mirage's weapons but behave like a couple of specters or syndicate operatives with no hitboxes. They draw agro away from Mirage (and the squad) having a higher threat rating but they'll never die because damage just passes right through them. Offensively, its not a strong as before so it won't get weapons nerfed but defense wise, it will be made more reliable