Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Grineer and Corpus ship specs?

Spartan336

21 minutes ago, Xardis said:

Reminds me of my personal thing with Star Trek ships vs conventional 40k (by conventional I mean no bull***t like Necron lore capabilities).

Where is the fun in that? Then again everything in WH 40k is designed to be over the top OP so they'd win regardless of who they are against.

Edited by maj.death

2 minutes ago, Omega-ZX said:

I know but ... its a theory for the ships... so yeah why not. Wf vs Halo is a fanthemed thing.

1 minute ago, (Xbox One)calvina said:

meanwhile in Halo

Hide contents

300eb95f2ade7cb8da56dae94fca3a06.jpg

A thing about those things is... bigger ship =/= better weapons/defences, however it means smaller ship = More agile

Big @$$ ships are a costly to make and the resources and time to make them could be used to make an Armada.

We know the Fomorians can destroy Corpus' ships and Relays OHK, but we dont have anything to compare their normal weaponry... or how strong their shields are.

11 minutes ago, maj.death said:

Where is the fun in that? Then again everything in WH 40k is designed to be over the top OP so they'd win regardless of who they are against.

Dig into it a little more and you will see. 40k is not as OP as you might think. The torpedoes in both universes are on about the same power - 12-36MT and 64,4MT. The main issue is speed and turing speed. Basicly if IoM would invade federation, they would get all planets but only few lucky kills on a ships. Trek ships would be impossible to fight on an even ground. You fight with them only if they want to. Yes, travel in the Warp is faster than warp in Trek, but you have to accelerate to few % of light speed by conventinal means to get out of the system and enter Warp, and that takes days. Trek ships can accelerate and decelerate much, much, much quicker, we are talking 1000 to even 10000 times quicker. And that not taking into account how inaccurate are 40k ships in terms of hitting such target.

Edited by Xardis

28 minutes ago, Spartan336 said:

I'll be tweaking it to make it balanced. The Tenno not existing would be a thing, along with some other factors. I'll be trying to make it as balanced as possible. 

enemies scaling armor/health/shield and damage in warframe is insane just with 3 hours of the fight (of lvl 45 units) is enough to survive and kill enough enemies unit in seconds, so the fight will pass to something like (Operation Lightning Strike was a military training exercise of the Lithuanian Army that took place in May 2015.

The operation was designed to test troop readiness for a situation similar to the events leading to the current internal unrest in Ukraine and Crimea; with unidentified armed groups attempting to seize control of vital infrastructures, such as airports, government buildings, and military installations.[1]  The scenario also assumed that such groups would be led or supported by "little green men" - clandestine Russian soldiers) but without simulation, the troops of halo will try to end the battle the fast as possible, but the point of the warframe troops will be to change the battle into an endura battle, sooooooo....

I think warframe will win if we take in count immortality effects of most of the boss enemies and having the infested into the warframe army they will win for the ancients and the ospreys helping the bosses and the fact that they can revive thanks to the infested

33 minutes ago, shellspeed1 said:

Just saying if they had decent detection technology they would be able to detect tenno ships and blow them up rather easily as the only thing we have in our favor is stealth capabilities. Its shown that Captain vor could blow up a tenno ship with nothing but the Janus key in the tutorial if I remember correctly. So that is a thing to remember :p

Except that's just the landing craft, the tennis themselves are kept on the orbiter. Which is kept in the void or in halo terms slipspace.

Just now, 45neo said:

Except that's just the landing craft, the tennis themselves are kept on the orbiter. Which is kept in the void or in halo terms slipspace.

No, its not. Orbiter is a bigger Tenno ship that is cloaked at all times. Its always far away from any battle. Its not in the Void.

35 minutes ago, (Xbox One)calvina said:

MAC technology in the Halo universe is the sole winner when ti comes to fighting warframe ships, as far as I'm aware, grineer and corpus ships don't have dedicated long range guns.

Meanwhile just about every standard Halo ship is equipped with atleast 1 MAC cannon that looks as if it could put a hole clean through whatever ship is in the warframe universe. Then comes in the archer missile pods, and when in a bad situation,a Shiva nuke.

Or if you wanna be crazy, throw in a Nova bomb for good measure.

" The resulting explosion occurred between a Covenant outpost planet Joyous Exultation and its moon, Malhiem, scorching half of the planet and shattering the moon. "

And all your above listed halo weapons can be countered by several different warframe powers, mac cannons and plasma cannons are easily neutralized by mag, cause I mean they run on magnitism.... And limbo can counter any bomb by banishing it to the void. 

1 minute ago, Xardis said:

No, its not. Orbiter is a bigger Tenno ship that is cloaked at all times. Its always far away from any battle. Its not in the Void.

yes, Ordis says fairly clearly "I will keep the orbiter safely cloaked IN THE VOID" so yes it is cloaked far away from wherever the battle is taking place but also yes it is in the void. 

1 hour ago, 45neo said:

yes, Ordis says fairly clearly "I will keep the orbiter safely cloaked IN THE VOID" so yes it is cloaked far away from wherever the battle is taking place but also yes it is in the void. 

Never seen that line in game. Its listed on wiki but doesnt give much context. Could you tell me where it triggers?

To my defence, everything about this is inconsistant, like us looking out of the orbiter into normal space and us not detecting Lua before 2nd Dream, ect.

Edited by Xardis

24 minutes ago, Xardis said:

Never seen that line in game. Its listed on doesnt give much context. Could you tell me where it triggers?

To my defence, everything about this is inconsistant, like us looking out of the orbiter into normal space and us not detecting Lua before 2nd Dream, ect.

The full line I believe is "Don't worry operator I will keep the orbiter safely cloaked In the void, you can count on me" 

it triggers while you are in your orbiter from time to time, you know one of his random occasional lines.

32 minutes ago, 45neo said:

And the flood....  Actually flood vs infested would be interesting to see

Isn't it like, a organic virus/bacteria/spores vs nanomachine viruses? I believe Infested work on a much smaller field so they can just mess with DNA and whatever easily but on a slower rate, like an apparent victory for the Flood because they take control of the infestation's hosts but in the end they just start going under control of the infestestation when it starts taking control of flood cells.

Edited by giovanniluca

28 minutes ago, giovanniluca said:

Isn't it like, a organic virus/bacteria/spores vs nanomachine viruses? I believe Infested work on a much smaller field so they can just mess with DNA and whatever easily but on a slower rate, like an apparent victory for the Flood because they take control of the infestation's hosts but in the end they just start going under control of the infestestation when it starts taking control of flood cells.

Though the technocyte virus (infested) does also have an organic component.... Rather it seems to be a manufactured bio machine rather than a purely mechanical micro drone. 

3 hours ago, 45neo said:

The full line I believe is "Don't worry operator I will keep the orbiter safely cloaked In the void, you can count on me" 

it triggers while you are in your orbiter from time to time, you know one of his random occasional lines.

I've only seen this trigger on Vor's Prize.

Depends.  We don't know much about the naval forces of the Warframe universe.  We just have a rough idea of how big their ships are.  It's believable that the Grineer alone would decimate the covenant in land battles through sheer numbers, but in space things get a little tricky.  Galleons are littered with cannons, but there doesn't seem to be anything with any real punch.  The ships in Warframe simply aren't designed to be really big guns, but more like transports and ye ol' cannon-decorated sea vessels only 1000x times larger.  Not only that, but we have no idea how many galleons the Grineer are sporting at any given moment.  If they're sporting around 2000, they can easily take the Covenant fleet that sacked Reach (~750 ships.)  They'll ram their galleons into the enemy if they have to.

I think the Corpus would be pretty evenly matched with the Covenant however.  Shielding.  Plasma-based weaponry.  Easily replaced cannon fodder (Moas.)  Actually, Moas would hold the advantage over grunts being that they're fearless and come packed with shielding on top of that.

The infested is just a reimagining of the flood.  See: Halo 3 for how well that conflict would turn out for the Covenant.

16 hours ago, Spartan336 said:

I'll be tweaking it to make it balanced. The Tenno not existing would be a thing, along with some other factors. I'll be trying to make it as balanced as possible. 

That makes no sense. It's like...who's stronger Mayweather or McGregor but McGregor has to box so it's balanced ?

Edit: the best approach would be leaving every information as it is without tweaking.

Edited by Orabell

As a member of Spacebattles.com, I can assure you that Warframe is more than capable of holding its own. Considering a throwaway Corpus fleet numbered at 100,000 ships (aka, more ships than both the UNSC and Covenant combined), Warframe could literally ram the entire Halo universe to death. I believe estimates SB did put Galleons at 2 km in length, and Fomorians at ~20 km, with Corpus Obelisks sharing those specs.

Now, if you're talking Flood or Forerunners, and bring in book feats, then WF is screwed hard. The Tenno are probably the only ones who survive, by retreating to the Void for eternity. 

Edited by PrVonTuckIII

2 hours ago, PrVonTuckIII said:

As a member of Spacebattles.com, I can assure you that Warframe is more than capable of holding its own. Considering a throwaway Corpus fleet numbered at 100,000 ships (aka, more ships than both the UNSC and Covenant combined), Warframe could literally ram the entire Halo universe to death. I believe estimates SB did put Galleons at 2 km in length, and Fomorians at ~20 km, with Corpus Obelisks sharing those specs.

Now, if you're talking Flood or Forerunners, and bring in book feats, then WF is screwed hard. The Tenno are probably the only ones who survive, by retreating to the Void for eternity. 

Thanks for the comment. That helped a lot. So the Corpus Obelisks are 2km or 20km then?

40 minutes ago, Spartan336 said:

Thanks for the comment. That helped a lot. So the Corpus Obelisks are 2km or 20km then?

Somewhere around the 12-20 km mark. 

It should be noted, though, that we have literally nothing to go on when it comes to ship-based firepower, speed/acceleration curves, durability, and so on. Until DE gives us something for that, any debate involving Warframe in a space-combat-based context is more or less pointless in most cases.

30 minutes ago, PrVonTuckIII said:

Somewhere around the 12-20 km mark. 

It should be noted, though, that we have literally nothing to go on when it comes to ship-based firepower, speed/acceleration curves, durability, and so on. Until DE gives us something for that, any debate involving Warframe in a space-combat-based context is more or less pointless in most cases.

Yeah. I'll be making a lot of assumptions on the Warframe side. Even these measurements are just estimates.