Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Glass-Frame: What DE/Community is Getting Wrong.

Runeglyph

1 minute ago, (PS4)BLOOD-LINE-01 said:

Huh, well my friend must either be lying or you are, since you are apparently on the Council too.

Well the it was done back towards the end of August. Not really allowed to say much else since DC stuff is supposed to be hush hush and all.

18 minutes ago, (PS4)BLOOD-LINE-01 said:

Huh, well my friend must either be lying or you are, since you are apparently on the Council too.

Removed post to avoid possible shaming on the guy that suggested Gara. Pls do the same. 
:)

Edited by Lord.Kaho
I forgot to censor. Sry.

2 minutes ago, (PS4)BLOOD-LINE-01 said:

Can you please stop posting this in every single glass-frame thread? We get it; you don't like the name.

Never Posted those Lines in Any Other Glass-Frame Thread so...

Another Thing, I'm Voicing my Opinion AND This is MY THREAD!

8 minutes ago, Runeglyph said:
  1. The Name They Have Now Makes Me Want to Vomit cause it is so bad.
  2. They can Always Change it Before Launch or After Launch like they Did With "Ash".
  3. It Isn't even Very Creative to begin With, it's like they didn't even Care and Tried Too Hard at the Same Time.

tenor.gif

The gif reflects you very appropriately

On the note of op, inspirstion may be aztec, but it is not the theme per say.

If you ever see the old lochness monster movie, its design was taken from an eagle's eyes, a giraffe's mini antenna, a sea turtle's fin, a pleciosaurus' body. Yet, it's name doesn't reflect those. A design inspiration and a theme is 2 different thing. (Tho i do agree that most of the time these 2 cross into one another)

11 minutes ago, TrinityPrime said:

What vote?

I didn't participated in that time where they asked for the names "was on vacation" so didn't knew there were a vote or just asked for name and suggestions. I correct then myself.

Edited by Sziklamester

Just now, AXCrusnik said:

Not that I can see. I can find a suggestions thread but DE just picked a name from that instead of making a poll this time for some reason.

Polls maybe was in strawpoll or other sources which was not official so maybe there were votes but I didn't found any thread like that in that timeline so I guess there weren't really any.

4 hours ago, (PS4)BLOOD-LINE-01 said:

Thanks for the picture, you could have been less rude though. Like I said; I'm not on the Design Council.

Hahahha now we have a person whom we can blame. Yeah!!!

Just kidding but at least now I got why they choosed that one.

also Summoning @Vlada91 to this tpic. I hope he get the joke.

Edited by Sziklamester

2 minutes ago, Sziklamester said:

Polls maybe was in strawpoll or other sources which was not official so maybe there were votes but I didn't found any thread like that in that timeline so I guess there weren't really any.

I don't see why they would use something like strawpoll when previous polls used the integrated forum poll tool. As seen in a pic in a previous post, a Dev closed the suggestion thread by announcing DE's chosen name.

Edited by AXCrusnik

Just now, AXCrusnik said:

I don't see why they would use something like strawpoll when previous polls used the integrated forum poll tool. As seen in a pic in a previous post, a Dev closed the suggestion thread by announcing DE's chosen name.

True that but many peoples "whom not in the council" are using this way to give more voice to their opinions. I never seen any of strawpolls used in any type of fixes or anything used in but many peoples use it for some opinion voicing.

The poor man's DC tool basically.

Just now, (PS4)BLOOD-LINE-01 said:

Oh so there are voting threads usually. Strange.

The last time there was ever a poll made was back when Titania is being named.
So then until now, no voting has occured.
They just look for ideas and then go for the bad ones.

9 hours ago, Sziklamester said:

No, that's not how DE operates these things.

And if anything I'm just upset that they derived it from "garasu" which was stated as being Japanese for glass, which it is not, it's the English loanword term for glass being stated in katakana. The actual Japanese term for glass is「硝子」(Hari) meaning "Glass; Crystal" so submission is highly misinformed in this case and that upset's me that this would end up with a basis for the official name. 

Apparently Weebspeak > Actual Japanese

6 minutes ago, Lord.Kaho said:

Here.
You can shut up now.

Thank you for, uh, taking the bullet? Coulda at least censored the names mate.

Now that that's out of the bag the most popular name was "Silica" wasn't it? I personally don't like that name either, but that's a heck lot better than "Gara".

Just now, TotallyLagging said:

Now that that's out of the bag the most popular name was "Silica" wasn't it? I personally don't like that name either, but that's a heck lot better than "Gara".

I forgot to, and have now deleted the post.

9 hours ago, DarkDullahan-Prime said:

No, that's not how DE operates these things.

And if anything I'm just upset that they derived it from "garasu" which was stated as being Japanese for glass, which it is not, it's the English loanword term for glass being stated in katakana. The actual Japanese term for glass is「硝子」(Hari) meaning "Glass; Crystal" so submission is highly misinformed in this case.

True that "above n a post I wrote this". 

I am not that upset because I know how DE changing ideas and after zephyr and mesa gender changes I am not sure at all if I wish to make serious concepts because I am afraid what they will do with it. 

Just now, TotallyLagging said:

Glaxia also was mentionned but far later when they already decided the name. Glaxia at least sounds something nice and that was the second / third most popular idea.

1 minute ago, Sziklamester said:

True that "above n a post I wrote this". 

I am not that upset because I know how DE changing ideas and after zephyr and mesa gender changes I am not sure at all if I wish to make serious concepts because I am afraid what they will do with it. 

On top of that, Gara is such an overused name:

• Gara from Naruto
  • Gara from WoW
  • Gara from Guild Wars 2
  • Gara from Kamen Rider
  • Gara from Dr. Slump
  • Gara from Bastard!! (a manga)

the list goes on and on. It's super disappointing in how unoriginal this feels.