Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Should the next update be more "plains" ?

ZoneDymo

43 minutes ago, Gravitus123 said:

How about fixing some broken systems like enemy scaling,archwing,bugs,rivens and not just keep adding more unfinished or unpolished content

Consider the following: Rebalancing the game is not really as easy as that. Hell, you probably saw the reaction to the Focus rework.

9 hours ago, Gravitus123 said:

How about fixing some broken systems like enemy scaling,archwing,bugs,rivens and not just keep adding more unfinished or unpolished content

I didn't realise bugs was a system. Considering how big the fixes section is on every major update there's a lot of bugs being fixed. 

2 hours ago, Hypernaut1 said:

isnt PoW just basically a tileset? we will most likely get more tilesets....but dont expect much from PoE beyond it being a tileset

No, it's most certainly not. Which you would know if you watched the last.... what? 5? 6? The last bunch of Prime Times and Devstreams.

15 minutes ago, PrVonTuckIII said:

No, it's most certainly not. Which you would know if you watched the last.... what? 5? 6? The last bunch of Prime Times and Devstreams.

No you're right. I guess I mean that PoE may quickly start to feel like just another tileset. It's not a mini Warframe answer to Skyrim. It will basically be the same alerts and missions in a large area. Hunting bounties will be like going after simaris targets. They could pump out these tiles just like they do any other

2 hours ago, Hypernaut1 said:

No you're right. I guess I mean that PoE may quickly start to feel like just another tileset. It's not a mini Warframe answer to Skyrim. It will basically be the same alerts and missions in a large area. Hunting bounties will be like going after simaris targets. They could pump out these tiles just like they do any other

It's certainly not; you're correct on that. I personally think PoE has a lot of potential to change how Warframe is played, and the various things they've done to do so will go a long way in furthering that goal, but again, I think everyone shares your fear that it may not live up to that dream.

Fingers crossed!

5 hours ago, Urlan said:

I think Umbra should take less resources than another city and plains setting.

remember, Umbra is an entirely new system, not just a new warframe. Relatively speaking, theres a huge gap in the amount of resources, specially since this is tied to a new quest

They can still receive feedback while working on umbra quest. It be better to let POE sit after the week or two of bug fixing and adjustments then Umbra quest as DE generally do one main story quest per year also i suspect the things that come out will improve POE experience and any future landscapes infact in general gameplay.

3 hours ago, Digidyne017 said:

remember, Umbra is an entirely new system, not just a new warframe. Relatively speaking, theres a huge gap in the amount of resources, specially since this is tied to a new quest

Oh, I understand that Umbra could represent something more than just another Prime type series of warframes. That said, a new mechanic and a story quest to launch it after this much time is not going to require as much involvement as making an entirely new area, art assets for the area, hiring actors to do new lines, quests those characters might give, creatures that might appear there, and so on. Plains represents a huge amount of work both planning and application. Umbra, at least most of that is done on physical assets and one would be safe to assume that DE Steve knows how he wants the quest and system to go down with DE Scott, so that part of planning is done. It would also make sense for the asset team to have gotten lines out of the way with Plains - so we have the finishing up about what makes Umbra unique, and the quest proper. That is not as much investment right now, considering that at least part of the work is already done.

Would like brand new grineer/corpus planetary mines tilesets (grineer asteroid mine needs its own update to be more in-space feeling) that would link to the larger overworlds would be nice. With some real terrain interaction like shooting roof supports or operating equipment you have to avoid or you can activate with a hack. And some bullet jump verticality. 

And adjust the tiles to actually split and come back to themself. That would be a new big departure from the usually pointless forks with unrewarding end-caps. 

There are many systems which still half baked and badly implemented or mentionned but not implemented.

These: - Solar Rails, Dojo-Relays, Expanded orbiter-Ship extensions, Raids, Operators, Kingpin, Focus (next week will be finished at least), universal vacuum, Sentinel-companion balances (Ai + survivability + sentinel weaponry), Lore fixing, Weapon balance pass (this seems slow process to them), Syndicate expansions, Mod balance - reworks, Movement and animation fixings, general bug fixes (3-4 years old bugs). 

I like the plains and wish to have more plains too but firstly they need to test if the plains goes well that is now a test subject to them. The above list of systems are waiting for so long to fixes and they (the devs) still not made any progress to them. As their head I can understand they need to left some stuff to work on something later because if they have no work then they feel themselves bad. A lot of these systems are in a bad position and I think the devs know these and they wish to work on these but they need to make new content aswell.

They could not consider those finished when there are flaws and many of these not functioning well.