Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fishing - 0's on all fish

Sitchrea

Question

I cannot spear fish. I have tier 2 and 1 spears, have tried hitting the same fish in multiple spots, and have tried multiple types of fish, but all I ever get is 0's. I cannot even spear tier 1 fish with the tier 1 spear.

This is quite frustrating because the game does not explain spearfishing enough to understand why i am getting 0 damage.

What am i doing wrong?

2 minutes ago, Sitchrea said:

I cannot spear fish. I have tier 2 and 1 spears, have tried hitting the same fish in multiple spots, and have tried multiple types of fish, but all I ever get is 0's. I cannot even spear tier 1 fish with the tier 1 spear.

This is quite frustrating because the game does not explain spearfishing enough to understand why i am getting 0 damage.

What am i doing wrong?

I like it XD no hate ^^ Your pc players are the testers for my ps4 update. Keep in mind its something out off the box for a f2p game and warframe. Im sure patches will follow up soon. Its 1 day out :p.  (yeah off topic)

i could catch em with ease using the basic one for 500 standing , dont know why your facing issues . Just to be sure , stand near a lake hold the right mouse button down n keep it pressed , fish got camo so u gotta really look for em , also lil movement in the water . once u spot a fish (while still holding right click) left click while aiming for the fish n u catch em .

Just now, Zukoku_Zero said:

i could catch em with ease using the basic one for 500 standing , dont know why your facing issues . Just to be sure , stand near a lake hold the right mouse button down n keep it pressed , fish got camo so u gotta really look for em , also lil movement in the water . once u spot a fish (while still holding right click) left click while aiming for the fish n u catch em .

I know how to catch fish. I'm spearing them left and right.

My problem is I get nothing but 0 damage and can never actually catch them, even when i hit them. No matter the spear or where I hit the fish, it's always 0 damage.

Can confirm the bug for me too. Haven't been able to reproduce it in a very specific way, but kept on getting it.

Note: So far happened only when using Vazarin focus, with the two powers without Quills that you can activate.

Edited by Casardis

51 minutes ago, Casardis said:

Can confirm the bug for me too. Haven't been able to reproduce it in a very specific way, but kept on getting it.

Note: So far happened only when using Vazarin focus, with the two powers without Quills that you can activate.

I'm running into the same issues as well and i'm vazarin. 

Same problem, all fish I've seen were hit for 0's. Using the default fishing spear. My brother, using Zenurik, has fished for hours and says he's never seen that happen, using the same spear. We've fished at the same time in the same place and only I get the 0's. I have most of the Vazarin tree unlocked and some levels invested in the first two abilities (Increased affinity range and instant revives), which I've heard people mention are what causes the problem.

I can't actually rank up to the next title without fishing, so it'd be nice if this were fixed in the next few days at the very least. I also like fishing in games so any earlier would be nice too..

Same issue here and i have Vazarin school. I was able to fish normally until i spent some focus on the second tier of the tree.

Edit: Seems like not using the operator at all fixed the issue. Still a problem tho because i cant heal myself which is why i went vazarin lol

Edited by Nathyron

2 hours ago, ReisenInaba said:

My brother, using Zenurik, has fished for hours and says he's never seen that happen, using the same spear.

I was using Vazarin and got all 0’s on fish. My friends thought I was going crazy...

I really hope this gets fixed ASAP, Vazarin is great fun to use. But it ruins fishing.

Note: I have everything unlocked.

I can confirm I am having the same problem.  From what I can tell, I seem to always have either high ping, a connection issue or another bug that is showing it's ugly face.  I have yet to actually "catch" anything.  Using Nidus and Vazarin with the Instant Revive skill.

11 hours ago, x_Wanderer_x said:

Some Fish require the use of different Spears, that is why you are getting the 0 damage markers as you are not using the correct spear for that fish type. 

The issue the people have here in this topic has to do with a bug when using Vazarin focus. Even a regular eel cannot be fished. What you're talking about is something else.

Edited by Casardis

3 hours ago, Soulentra said:

SOLUTION: don't go in your operator mode in that mission and you should be fishing just fine even with Vazarin, before it gets fixed

More info in in PoE bug thread: 
https://forums.warframe.com/topic/856235-fishing-spear-does-0-damage-doesnt-catch-fish/?tab=comments#comment-9071559

As he said, i went out and tested it, it seems like if you have any withstanding buffs on you whilst you're trying to fish you wont be hitting jack squat. I'll let DE have this one just because it's only the second day and it's a huge release.

I getting 0 dmg on fish today.

My answer (same spot) :

- At daylight getting fish with Tier 1 spear.

- At night getting 0 dmg on fish with Tier 1 spear.

- Then in same instance day past to night to light and getting 0 dmg on fish.