Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mastery rank 9 test making me quit Warframe

GrandTickler2

This is one of the worst and most rng based mission ive ever played in any game EVER, and it's gonna be the reason im quitting this game soon.

i practiced like 30 times, after a while i am able to pass it repeatedly without too much issue's. but then the real test begins and.. everything is different.

in the practice run (3rd stage) i can simply walk up the first guy in the middle and stealth kill him or just throw my glaive at it, as for the actual run.. doesnt work... even though many youtube videos show this is possible, i get detected time and time again. sometimes its immediately, sometimes it takes 5 seconds.. thats the thing there is no consistency in this test and its all luck based whether they will see you or not.If the practice test and actual test have such different mechanics theres no point in actually training myself in this mission now is there?

So here i am, with PoE open to me and a arsenal of weapons/warframes i still need to level. But my mastery rank is capped thanks to this bullS#&$ little mission.. so what reason do i have to keep playing if any progress is halted? absolutely none

for someone who plays games over 90 hours a week and tend to dominate any online game, i can't wrap my little head around how other people got past this bullS#&$.

2 minutes ago, (PS4)urkonse said:

if its stealth mission, get loki nad max duration ? fast melee like dagger+covert lethality instakill

from what i understand this test got patched multiple times. and you cannot use powers, also you cant use primary nor secondary weapons either

Edited by GrandTickler2

1 minute ago, Spartan336 said:

MR shouldn't be the reason you quit Warframe. MR hardly matters. 

I thought MR was everything. isnt like most content locked behind this rank system?

if i just keep playing, leveling my new weapons and warframes, aren't i missing out on tons and tons of MR xp, gimping myself in the long run?

Just now, GrandTickler2 said:

I thought MR was everything. isnt like most content locked behind this rank system?

if i just keep playing, leveling my new weapons and warframes, aren't i missing out on tons and tons of MR xp, gimping myself in the long run?

Mr 12 unlock almost everything, there are maybe 2 weapons for mr 13 and thats all.

Just now, GrandTickler2 said:

I've been playing since 2013 and have only ever bothered to get to MR13. MR doesn't dictate experience, skill, or anything meaningful. It just tells everyone how much you've grinded. Thats it. I've met several MR24's that are garbage at this game because they power leveled without bothering to git gud.

My recommendation is Ivara with the Rakta Dark Dagger.  Load up on Enemy Radar mods, plus Ivara's passive, and you'll be able to see most of the enemies and their facings on you map.  The Rakta Dark Dagger has a passive ability of reducing the range you can be spotted from and requires Mastery 8 so is fine for use in this test.

Edit: While people are correct that Mastery doesn't really mean anythign in terms of expected ability of team mates, it is a handy thing to have since it lets you earn more Standing per day, store more Void Trace and increases the minimum mod allowance on weapons/warframes.  Adding Forma to weapons is a lot less awkward when it only drops you from 60 points down to 48.

Edited by Katinka

3 minutes ago, GrandTickler2 said:

it has to be done with a melee weapon

I thought you didn't understand me.. the problem I had when replaying the test, is that swinging my melee weapon could be heard by the enemies. I only managed to complete the test once I stopped using my glaive and startet just doing finishers

Edited by Prime

3 minutes ago, BUAHAHAHAHA said:

Mr 12 unlock almost everything, there are maybe 2 weapons for mr 13 and thats all.

3 minutes ago, Spartan336 said:

I've been playing since 2013 and have only ever bothered to get to MR13. MR doesn't dictate experience, skill, or anything meaningful. It just tells everyone how much you've grinded. Thats it. I've met several MR24's that are garbage at this game because they power leveled without bothering to git gud.

There are many benefits to having a high MR. Rivens can go as high as 16 and it can help formaing, syndicate standing, and load slots. Also

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Weapons_Mastery_Rank

5 minutes ago, Prime said:

I thought you didn't understand me..

yes my bad, the slicing noise is good info but im not really convinced yet. i can throw my glaive right infront of enemy's, slicing walls and flooring but they still wont react. except for that 1/100 time when they suddenly start breaking their patrol route to check out where the noise came from. again its very inconsistent.

i see a lot of youtube videos pointing out corpse detection is a thing, but in practice mode they seem to just walk over their own corpses without being bothered either. its just.. so different from the actual run

Edited by GrandTickler2

1 minute ago, (Xbox One)RDeschain82 said:

There are many benefits to having a high MR. Rivens can go as high as 16 and it can help formaing, syndicate standing, and load slots. Also

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Weapons_Mastery_Rank

Ofc there are, but none of that matters to anyone under mr 10, i also stayer on mr 12 and then mr 13 for a year or more, but then rivens came.

7 minutes ago, Godzilla853 said:

I am MR 16 and I could do 17 but there is nothing past it and it’s considered difficult.

17 isn't that hard.  Bring an AoE primary such as Ignis and a frame with a toggled AoE power such as Ember, start World on Fire and forget about enemies while you focus on hitting orbs.  If you run out of energy use the Ignis to mop up a few remaining enemies while still focussing on hitting orbs as a priority.  Your starting energy is affected by mod points remaining so it might be an idea to ditch some mods that you wont need for that test so World on Fire lasts longer.

Edited by Katinka

Seems I post this daily these days!

Use a glaive and a charge attack to kill the first guy (enemies spotting bodies will fail you and charge attacks dissolve the bodies). Climb a pillar and charge attack to kill everyone left.

Rinse and repeat. Once you are at the top of a pillar nobody can see you. Just make sure your glaive doesn't bounce as the noise will be detected.