Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Anyone else disapointed in the Quills/the grind to level your kid?

morningstar999

I was really looking forward to levelling my operator.

but from what I can gather in order to level your standing from rank 2 to 3 you need to kill over 100 Eidolons (are you frikken kidding me?)

leveing up the entry standing to like 1/2 will enable your operator to be able to fight level 20-30 enemies at best, so you HAVE to get a tonne more standing to make your operator useful.

why aren't their normal missions you can do with them for standing? why aren't the things you turn in worth more? 

not to mention all the hours and hours of grind you need to get the other new stuff, they have given us 1000+ hours of grind without giving us an equal amount of content. The map and the new game modes aren't that varied/big and it's going to get old real fast.

this is a whole new level of grind and it just makes me so angry. grind is not content. 

there are so many good things in this new update but it's being drowned by the pointless grind....

enough is enough.

3 minutes ago, JSharpie said:

Nope! Just get out there and do it. It's now something new and interesting to do that isn't grinding the same mission over and over. It's now a 9km squared area with tons of different things to do. So do them. The grind really isn't that bad.

But we are doing the same thing over and over again. Just because the area is bigger does not mean that it isn't as repetitive and grindy as the rest of the game.

4 minutes ago, morningstar999 said:

there are so many good things in this new update but it's being drowned by the pointless grind....

Soo u want warframe to be less grinding? 

I don't remember I played this game to grind in short amount time grinding in warframe can be little boring in grinding but hey u have a huge area to grind even tho killing over 100 eidolon won't be big deal in the near future  

i think some numbers should be adapted a bit. the amount is a tad too high imo in general but not the amount required but the amount we get per sentient core for example. in general the exchange amounts could be a bit higher, motivation nice and fine but if the amounts are too high it could get frustrating. other than that is fine imo, just the reward amounts....it also takes more time to do them since its a huge map so that should be kept in mind there.

8 minutes ago, JSharpie said:

Nope! Just get out there and do it. It's now something new and interesting to do that isn't grinding the same mission over and over. It's now a 9km squared area with tons of different things to do. So do them. The grind really isn't that bad.

There's nothing non-repetitive about killing the exact same boss.

3 minutes ago, Praxxor said:

There's nothing non-repetitive about killing the exact same boss.

Is the Eidolons the only thing people are doing?

6 minutes ago, TruthArbiter said:

But we are doing the same thing over and over again. Just because the area is bigger does not mean that it isn't as repetitive and grindy as the rest of the game.

Welcome to life. Welcome to video games. I've been playing Shadow of War lately and having a blast, killing orcs is fun even though that's the only thing to do.

Reward vs Effort guys. If the reward isn't worth your effort, then maybe don't play. But it's worth mine, so I put in a few hours in over the day.

Yes it is. for 5000 standing u need 12 exceptional core and 8 intact cores and its tedious not to say if they patch out the shield disruption effecting the Teralyst it going to take min 30 min to take one down and its only for the first tier. Why not give reputation for killing the teralyst or missions like every other syndicate to increase standing if it remains as is then i simply won't play this content.

4 minutes ago, Slayer89 said:

Yes it is. for 5000 standing u need 12 exceptional core and 8 intact cores and its tedious not to say if they patch out the shield disruption effecting the Teralyst it going to take min 30 min to take one down and its only for the first tier. Why not give reputation for killing the teralyst or missions like every other syndicate to increase standing if it remains as is then i simply won't play this content.

I tried taking down a teralyst with 2-man squad without that aura and we couldn't fit in the 50 minutes, he ran away at the end. The only way to consistently beat them will be in 4-man squads, which I'm fine with. But the matchmaking HAS to be improved if that's what they're aiming for, host migration pretty much always failed on me and about 4 hosts decided to chicken out at stage 3/4.

10 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Cash201293 said:

Grind isn’t terrible. I guess its to keep players to keep killing Eidolons just so it’s easy to find a squad who is Eidolon hunting. 

3 minutes ago, Coach-Aprax said:

The amount of grind in this update is incredible. Not to mention that is unplayable. If you try to get a squad you either crash or the bounty doesn´t advance after the second stage. 

Yep and there are bugs with bounties too more than once vault did not open so couldn't advance, not to mention the back and forth travel from cetus to the plains

11 minutes ago, JSharpie said:

Welcome to life. Welcome to video games. I've been playing Shadow of War lately and having a blast, killing orcs is fun even though that's the only thing to do.

Reward vs Effort guys. If the reward isn't worth your effort, then maybe don't play. But it's worth mine, so I put in a few hours in over the day.

I've been playing Shadow of War too, but here's the difference. Every time I go fight a captain I have to change my playstyle to suit that captain. I also have to account for stuff like ambushes or that orc I've killed 20 times now showing back up. Shadow of War makes the grind fun by changing things every time. Warframe has you do the same thing over and over with little variance. When it comes to gain rep with the quills the Reward to Effort ratio is pitiful. If we can kill teralysts without the aid of the high tier amps what's the point of using them? The new arcanes may be worth a look, but the ones that are interesting are placed in the highest tiers.

Edited by TruthArbiter

46 minutes ago, JSharpie said:

42 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Cash201293 said:

Grind isn’t terrible. I guess its to keep players to keep killing Eidolons just so it’s easy to find a squad who is Eidolon hunting. 

40 minutes ago, (PS4)s3d_sas said:

Soo u want warframe to be less grinding? 

I don't remember I played this game to grind in short amount time grinding in warframe can be little boring in grinding but hey u have a huge area to grind even tho killing over 100 eidolon won't be big deal in the near future  

you so guys think having to do 1000+ hours of on the same one map area and killing the one same boss 100's of times is fun? is good content? no-one can justify that...

yeah warframe is grind but this is just too much. far far too much, far more than anything they have done before.

40 minutes ago, Praxxor said:

The post is about Quills, the only way to get standing there is through Eidolons...

And I'm getting the shrads from the small ones while I fish.

I know they dont give a lot and hope DE buffs the amount they give, but I'm not going throught a grindfull burnout ever again.

4 minutes ago, Kaotyke said:

And I'm getting the shrads from the small ones while I fish.

I know they dont give a lot and hope DE buffs the amount they give, but I'm not going throught a grindfull burnout ever again.

The small ones only drop the intact cores and at about 50% chance (or even less). You need to kill at least 200 of them to get to the first rank if you get lucky and each one of them drops a core. That's ridiculous.

2 minutes ago, Praxxor said:

The small ones only drop the intact cores and at about 50% chance (or even less). You need to kill at least 200 of them to get to the first rank if you get lucky and each one of them drops a core. That's ridiculous.

25 is a rediculosly low amount, as I said before, and they dont leave a corpse to desecrate, but can be stolen from with Prowl.

In any case, the low cost of those cores will only really be felt when we reach the higher ranks of the Quills. 135,000 Standing, anyone?

It would be nice if we got standing fror the Quills by doing missions as the Operator. Like the Syndicate sigils, but no need for a sigil, just get XP while in Operator form.

The problem is, it's not fun.

A game is meant to be fun.

But you're looking at thousands of hours of farming (and that's not hyperbole, that's how long it will actually take) to max these things out, with the return of being better at that farming.

It's too much. There's no return, no reward for a frankly absurd amount of investment.

I do feel that DE have miscalculated the grind somewhat, just as they miscalculated the effect that the constant bombardment and enemy Archwing support would have in Bounties.

However, DE also have a tendency to react to this kind of feedback with extreme passive-aggressive defensiveness, like a first year Art student trying to deal with criticism of their project.

I've already decided not to even begin to try burning myself out on the grind.

Folks that love the grind got a lot to grind on this Update.

I'm a player that loves loot and exploration so I got something this update...Haven't gotten any of it yet, but it's there to get if I'm lucky.

If I go too long without getting lucky,  I'll avoid the place like the plague.

1 hour ago, JSharpie said:

OK, so you put in a few hours a day - lets call that 3 a day. You're splitting it with non-plains grind - lets say half plains, half not.

So that's 90 minutes a day. If you're dedicated that 90 minutes JUST to quills, you'll get 1-2 Eidolons a day, and a few of their minions, say you get 250 standing with the quills.

That's 20 days for level 1.

Then 88 days for level 2.

That's without buying anything from them, which is all more standing - each item bought adds 2-20 days