Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Operator damage is still unusably low.

DrProfSirCarmen

But it doesn't have to be, now I don't know how much of a programming nightmare this could be but I think the change they need to make them not hit like a wet sock is to have their seemingly unique damage type, void, bypass atleast some level of armor.

Edited by DrProfSirCarmen

This is something I was afraid of still being a thing.

Personally, given that enemies have their health, armor, shields, and damage all scale with level I think the Operators should handle damage and 'death' in a wholly unique way comparative to the rest of the game.

I rather hoped for an expansion on the risk/reward that is the operator's use. Dieing as the operator could have not only given your Warframe a debuff but locked it off for a period of time as you (being, in truth, the Operator) recovered from the literal near-death experience you just had. In exchange, the Operator could have done damage that doesn't have a numerical value associated with it.

It's supposedly chaotic and highly dangerous void energies focused through our connection to the void, so make it inherently dangerous to those at the other end of it. have it outright do damage per tick that is based on a percentage of the enemy's current health with a damage minimum, higher level enemies can survive the damage longer but not indefinitely.

The amps, then, could still serve a great purpose, changing how we focus the energy fundamentally, as they currently do, and just giving a small (but still very useful) boost to the percentage of health per second and/or the minimum damage we can do, while the stats are also affected by the amp type. Obviously, the amps that deal a one-time 'bullet' style dmg wouldn't have the base per second dmg but they could still do damage on a percentage basis with a minimum dmg value...

Personally I'd also like to see it literally 'burn away' the armor of an enemy but still hit shields but with an overloading kind of effect (opposite to the health dmg, it would start at base void dmg and ramp up with more dmg/hit)

It's a new unique dmg type, it should be treated like one... On a similar note, why do sentient enemies have normal armor (and in some cases health) types? they're supposed to be unique, but the only thing that seems to make them unique is the building immunity (which we can clear) and, too often, a weirdly large health pool... give them a new armor and health type that *gasp* behaves UNIQUELY to void damage and is more resistant to other dmg types. no need for a massive health pool if they have something that is uniquely sentient and we are, in fact, as dangerous to them as we supposedly were during the Old War...

5 minutes ago, Tarak said:

It's a new unique dmg type, it should be treated like one... On a similar note, why do sentient enemies have normal armor (and in some cases health) types? they're supposed to be unique, but the only thing that seems to make them unique is the building immunity (which we can clear) and, too often, a weirdly large health pool... give them a new armor and health type that *gasp* behaves UNIQUELY to void damage and is more resistant to other dmg types. no need for a massive health pool if they have something that is uniquely sentient and we are, in fact, as dangerous to them as we supposedly were during the Old War...

Well technically speaking there already is a unique interaction with the Terralysts shields, but it almost feels like they've cheaped out on giving a brand new damage type the respect it deserves as it should be something new and groundbreaking. Despite being an official new damage type it doesn't have any of the standards of the others, no status effect, no interactions with the existing ones and seemingly no weaknesses or effectiveness attributes. 

As far as the Sentients go however maybe when they are properly expanded as a faction of the same degree as the other big three rather then one off enemies we'll see them get some unique protection types they deserve as well.

1 minute ago, DrProfSirCarmen said:

Well technically speaking there already is a unique interaction with the Terralysts shields, but it almost feels like they've cheaped out on giving a brand new damage type the respect it deserves as it should be something new and groundbreaking. Despite being an official new damage type it doesn't have any of the standards of the others, no status effect, no interactions with the existing ones and seemingly no weaknesses or effectiveness attributes. 

As far as the Sentients go however maybe when they are properly expanded as a faction of the same degree as the other big three rather then one off enemies we'll see them get some unique protection types they deserve as well.

Yes, but I don't know that I would really say 'can only be damaged by' is really a unique interaction, it's really just immunity if you haven't completed the war within... that said, I hope there's a lot of things about this update I hope get a re-look.

5 minutes ago, RobWasHere said:

-snip-

Yeah, I saw that. Honestly, it's not terrible; it's not great, but it's not terrible. yet to see what enhancing it does though so... we'll see soon (ish, considering what that takes to be able to do...) I guess?

9 hours ago, Tarak said:

Yes, but I don't know that I would really say 'can only be damaged by' is really a unique interaction, it's really just immunity if you haven't completed the war within... that said, I hope there's a lot of things about this update I hope get a re-look.

Yeah, I saw that. Honestly, it's not terrible; it's not great, but it's not terrible. yet to see what enhancing it does though so... we'll see soon (ish, considering what that takes to be able to do...) I guess?

I believe gilding a Zaw increases its base stats, allows you to put in a free polarity, and allows you to color it. I bet gilding a AMP does the same thing except instead of a polarity it will allow you to put arcanes on it.

Edited by KubrowTamer

10 hours ago, KubrowTamer said:

I believe gilding a Zaw increases its base stats, allows you to put in a free polarity, and allows you to color it. I bet gilding a AMP does the same thing except instead of a polarity it will allow you to put arcanes on it.

Fair guess, question remains though, what stats and how much are they boosted. Is it gonna be worth the effort or another disappointment.

i got a better solution: maybe let me use my warframe??? to fight eidolons?? maybe?? idk that'd be pretty cool, right? in a game called warframe. about loadout characters called warframes. the things you control for 99.99% of the game. warframes. in the video game, known as Warframe, that includes the titular title characters defined as warframes. warframes whose entire purpose-lore wise is to actually do the battling for the operator them because it's made explicitly clear through TWO main quests that tenno are too physically weak for combat despite being extremely gifted with the void's power, therefore they require the use of warframes. in combat. thus the phrase, war + frame, meaning battling + the object with which we use to battle. warframe.

let me use the @(*()$ warframe

41 minutes ago, alexorcist said:

i got a better solution: maybe let me use my warframe??? to fight eidolons?? maybe?? idk that'd be pretty cool, right? in a game called warframe. about loadout characters called warframes. the things you control for 99.99% of the game. warframes. in the video game, known as Warframe, that includes the titular title characters defined as warframes. warframes whose entire purpose-lore wise is to actually do the battling for the operator them because it's made explicitly clear through TWO main quests that tenno are too physically weak for combat despite being extremely gifted with the void's power, therefore they require the use of warframes. in combat. thus the phrase, war + frame, meaning battling + the object with which we use to battle. warframe.

Small problem with that.  First off, Vomalysts become GhOoOoOsTs after you blast away their shell, and Void Damage is supereffective versus Ghost types.

Secondly, once you break The Giant's shield, it's limbs actually are vulnerable to weapons fire.  You're going to essentially be firing spitballs at it, but that's how it reacts to everything so.

49 minutes ago, alexorcist said:

why do you even care? 99% of the rewards for fighting the teralyst is operator related, why cant you people get that through your heads? if you dont like it, dont even bother, since if you arent going to use the operator, theres no point in you trying to take down a teralyst in the first place, unless you really really want some impact mods

9 minutes ago, Sintag said:

Small problem with that.  First off, Vomalysts become GhOoOoOsTs after you blast away their shell, and Void Damage is supereffective versus Ghost types.

Secondly, once you break The Giant's shield, it's limbs actually are vulnerable to weapons fire.  You're going to essentially be firing spitballs at it, but that's how it reacts to everything so.

so my post may have been focused too much on the dramatic reiteration, which is my bad, but really the point i was trying to make was that i think the battle would be much more fun and less tedious if the use of operators were at MOST an optional form of attack rather than a necessary requirement and i don't agree or find any entertainment in their current system, which you described. (and also, +1 for the firing spitballs part, it's like... not very engaging)

2 minutes ago, NightBlitz said:

why do you even care? 99% of the rewards for fighting the teralyst is operator related, why cant you people get that through your heads? if you dont like it, dont even bother, since if you arent going to use the operator, theres no point in you trying to take down a teralyst in the first place, unless you really really want some impact mods

yeah so literally what's the point of fighting anything in eidolon at all if it doesn't benefit the playability of my warframes??? as in warframes, the title character of the game, the game i am playing called warframe which is based PRIMARILY on upgrading WARFRAMES because the GAME is NAMED, THE PROPER NOUN in which we use REFER TO THIS SPECIFIC VIDEO GAME, THE GAME "WARFRAME"

you literally picked out the exact major failure of this huge update-- an update made to the video game Warframe, a game about playing as Frames that Go to War to FIGHT, WAR-FRAMES IF YOU WILL, FRAMES.... FOR WAR.....FOR FIGHTING......-- and you say that's not a problem??? the whole F*** ing POINT of this update was that so it could be UTILIZED IN GAMEPLAY and instead they just made everything completely empty, tedious, boring, shallow romp through empty fields and the major, pivotal element required to experience ANY of it also require that you don't actually use your warframe??? again, in case it wasn't clear: the characters the game is named after, what i signed up to play as. as the warframes. the frames. the warframes. i signed up for the video game called Warframe to play as a Warframe and you're literally telling me to my face and/or screen that i "shouldn't bother" playing at all if i don't like being forced to not play as a warframe???

11 minutes ago, alexorcist said:

so my post may have been focused too much on the dramatic reiteration, which is my bad, but really the point i was trying to make was that i think the battle would be much more fun and less tedious if the use of operators were at MOST an optional form of attack rather than a necessary requirement and i don't agree or find any entertainment in their current system, which you described. (and also, +1 for the firing spitballs part, it's like... not very engaging)

yeah so literally what's the point of fighting anything in eidolon at all if it doesn't benefit the playability of my warframes??? as in warframes, the title character of the game, the game i am playing called warframe which is based PRIMARILY on upgrading WARFRAMES because the GAME is NAMED, THE PROPER NOUN in which we use REFER TO THIS SPECIFIC VIDEO GAME, THE GAME "WARFRAME"

you literally picked out the exact major failure of this huge update-- an update made to the video game Warframe, a game about playing as Frames that Go to War to FIGHT, WAR-FRAMES IF YOU WILL, FRAMES.... FOR WAR.....FOR FIGHTING......-- and you say that's not a problem??? the whole F*** ing POINT of this update was that so it could be UTILIZED IN GAMEPLAY and instead they just made everything completely empty, tedious, boring, shallow romp through empty fields and the major, pivotal element required to experience ANY of it also require that you don't actually use your warframe??? again, in case it wasn't clear: the characters the game is named after, what i signed up to play as. as the warframes. the frames. the warframes. i signed up for the video game called Warframe to play as a Warframe and you're literally telling me to my face and/or screen that i "shouldn't bother" playing at all if i don't like being forced to not play as a warframe???

The point is the system is trying to focus more on OPERATORS, since those are the people who PILOT THE WARFRAMES

Stop being so close-minded. Its people like you who complain and add on these S#&$ changes, dont want anything new or original for the @(*()$ operator. You are a cancer to this community. Please educate yourself or learn something called "common sense" or maybe do a little bit of something called "research"

Edited by Quedion

15 minutes ago, alexorcist said:

Ok lets just never innovate at all right? let's just keep doing same boring S#&$ that nobody does half the time anyway and we all log in for 10 minutes a day to run sorties for a whole 5 minutes because we annihilate everything! THE point is that the OPERATOR and WARFRAME are suppose to work in tandem with each other and this is a step toward realizing that play style, where both the operator and the warframe are needed to draw out the full potential of the Tenno, clearly you just want to pew pew and is nothing stopping you from doing that. The rest of us want to see this system be something new and fun... i want my Tenno Mage thank you very much!

3 minutes ago, alexorcist said:

there's nothing an operator do that a warframe can't do better. "literal beam of pure energy that you shoot out of your hand" that's literally like just half of warframes 1 abilities lmao like seriously that's literally the 1 ability of volt, banshee, frost, oberon, hydroid, ember, nidus, nekros, and those are just off the top of my head

You sure about it? Last I recall, I can't heal teammates reliably with Frost. Neither can I lay down reliable CC with Trinity. You do realize that the entire point of why the Operator and Focus system is designed the way it is is to provide you a completely separate scope of functions outside of a specific Frame's ability. Being able to heal and provide team support without having to compromise your Warframe is a very big deal to people who are willing to adapt.

As I said in another thread not long ago, the Operator mode doesn't fit in a game focused on slaughtering armies in a matter of minutes, when the operator struggles to kill one of those enemies in under a minute. 

The Warframe was an Orokin invention to channel and control Tenno powers that were too strong and dangerous, but that's hard to believe with the damage output they've been given. 

If they're supposed to be warriors, then they need to take the kiddy gloves off and KILL THINGS

Edited by Sennera
Correcting autocorrect