Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Cetus Wisp farming guide

CeePee

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
2 hours ago, --RV--ThaPear said:

I found another one. It's not the same one as the one denoted by 1, as I got that one the subsequent run.

vegC8c9.jpg

I know it's a bit of a necro, but as far as I've seen, this is still the best Wisp guide.

Yeah that pond has at least 4 spawns around it, if not 5.

edit: I guess 6 actually. But the point is that pond has more wisps than any other pond imo (for its size at least)

Also, where’s that guy with the Nekros gif :P

Edited by Xaranoth

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It seems that the best time to farm wisps is a night.  The double pond to the west of the gate on the route is my go-to place whenever going for bounties.  It's close by the gate and easy to check before heading to the bounty location.  It is small enough that it does not take much time to check and I can usually find at least 1-2 at night.   The pond at the south west corner of the map has two possible wisps locations.   The large lake on the east side of the map, will sometimes spawn up to three wisps at night.

It also seems that if your with a party and you capture the wisps after it starts to fly away, that it is lost for everyone, but if your quick and get it before it starts to fly away, that others in the party can also capture it.

20 minutes ago, Nickishero said:

Did they decrease spawn rates or something? I ran that route EXACTLY and I have only gotten 1 wisp and 2 wisps (both during night)

I'll just waste my standing on it

It happened to me too yesterday, but in the end i guess is super-random RNG at work, like the Smeeta double chance.

I'm at the point that i'd gladly pay plats for those Wisps, a full T3 amp requires 60, i know it's a hard grind game after all but repeating over and over and over the same pattern, the same route, it's burning me out 😂 

From time to time i stop at night to catch some cuthols, geiser pond hotspot, a lot of baits and 0 cuthols, we're all' happy yeah.

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, -DruiD- said:

Map \ other pics in this thread now access denied?   cannot show map ?

Good question. I’m seeing the same nothing. Definitely a horrible farm without some kind of planned approach. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

You should also use the Smeeta Kavat. With Charmed and booster, I was able to get 4 Wisps per one caught. Also, we are able to reset the Wisp respawns by going back into Cetus and coming back out. I was able to get 32 Wisps in one Plains night just now! I’m that much closer to my second Amp! Good luck, guys!

Before I used to hate farming wisps, with Nova it was annoying since I couldn't coordinate where I was going very well. And I didn't like the pop here, pop there kind of gameplay.

With Itzal it was about the same except I had to constantly worry about getting forced out of aw and the energy regen was not enough to use the 3 a lot. (Which doesnt work well with wisps anyways)

But then... when I was just about to give up hope I discovered Zephyr, she is great for wisp farming and I much prefer the fly and float around gameplay to the teleport one Nova has.

Had to tinker with her duration a bit so her 1 stopped slingshotting me but it didn't take long. I think I can get about 45 +/- wisps a night now (number without boosters, with boosters and cat its close to 100)