Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Atlas - Sir Punchalot!

Azamagon

So, Atlas is a cool frame. But could use some spicing up on some of his skills as they are really limitted in use. And I honestly think that most of them can be done rather simply (somewhat at least).
The idea behind this rework is to change the base abilities as little as possible, but rather give additions to them that complements his bread-and-butter skill, Landslide.

Passive - Unchanged. It's really good and thematic.

#1 Landslide - No direct changes, but is given some QoL:

• Simply holding down the #1 button would suffice to trigger the attack whenever you are aiming at an enemy. Spamming the button can be rather tedious for the hand.
  • Can now target enemies who are knocked down or ragdolled.

#2 Tectonics - This is the one skill I could see needing a whole bunch of additions, with the intention of making it his versatility ability.

• Cast Landslide on it = Shatter the boulder into a rock shotgun (Damage of the rock pellets would be based on Landslide and the Tectonic's health, but converted into an even mix of Impact/Puncture/Slash damage). This gives him some range when comboing his skills.
  • Atlas presses X on it = Roll quickly with the boulder (steerable, but travels forward automatically at high speed). While rolling, Atlas could be invulnerable(?). This gives him some mobility+survivability.
  • Gravity effect = When the wall is formed into a boulder (when you recast it), while it is rolling it gets a "vortex"-like effect, causing it to snatch enemies (in a ragdolling state) as it travels along. This would work for when Atlas rolls with the boulder too. This is to vastly improve its (currently horrendous) CC-potential.
  • Castable at range = A possible addition would be that he could summon a wall further away from himself (similar to how Loki spawns his Decoy). This range would still be somewhat limitted (like 20 meters?), but affected by Power Range. This makes him a bit different from Volt and Frost, aiding his versatility. It also synergises well with the boulder's "Gravity"-effect, letting you pull enemies towards you from a distance (Summon the wall at them, then roll it over towards your feet).
  • Quake when summoned = When you summon a Tectonics wall, the ground around it could let loose a single "quake"-pulse, knocking down enemies near it. This, combined with the ranged summonability, would further improves its versatility and CC.
  • Potential idea: Give him 4 walls to summon, by default. Holdcasting would cause a wall (latest, or all of them?) to roll into the boulder.
  • Augment: If going with the idea of giving him more walls by default, then I'd revamp his augment into something like this instead -> Stalagmite Reaction = When the wall is attacked, it retaliates against its attackers with earthspikes, which deal 3/6/9/12% of the wall's hp as puncture damage. The earthspikes cannot attack more than once per 2 sec per enemy.
    However, if the augment is to be kept as it is (and thus default Tectonics can still only summon max 1 wall), then I'd add this to the current augment: Keep it as it is, but also add to it that holdcast would cause ALL the boulders to roll at once.

#3 Petrify - A couple of additions:

• This is a small, yet HUGE change: Instead of Atlas directly using his own "eyes" to petrify, he could instead summon an energy-"eye" right in front of his face. This eye then performs the current Petrify-effect. What this means is that he is now 100% free to move (although, for some balance, still at some reduced speed) and allow him to use abilities/guns/parkour etc while Petrify is active! Something else I'd like to point out, is that It they eye would remain at the same height at all times, so when he rolls, the eye won't "roll" with him, but rather stay at the old headheight, meaning that the cone doesn't move around sporadically, it only points towards the direction of your aiming reticle, at all times.
    EDIT: If this change is too good, at least allow him to use secondary weapons and move around with all parkour (still slowed, ofc), that could probably be good enough.
  • Further, similar to Gara's Mass Vitrify -> The more an enemy is petrified, the more damage it takes (up to 50%, plus being modifiable by Power Strength), to compensate for the inability to proc status-effects on enemies who are petrified.
  • A common suggestion: Petrify could heal Tectonics walls and Rumblers. Just makes sense, really.
  • Killing an enemy affected by Petrify could grant a chance, proportional to their petrification-status (so 100% chance if fully petrified), to drop a health-orb. That way you can also help sustain yourself and your allies, not just the walls and Rumblers.

#3 Petrify - Alternative version (as suggested/inspired by @Renovakunumaru)

• Is now a singlecast conical wave, rather than a continuous cone-beam.
  • Energycost increased to max 75, min 50.
  • Enemies caught in the wave are guaranteed to be petrified, but the further away the enemy was from Atlas, the longer it takes to petrify. At point blank, the enemy is instantly petrified. At the edge of the wave, the enemy will take, say, 4 seconds to fully petrify.
  • The added utilities (namely the damage-amp, healing the walls/Rumblers (via a heal over time buff place on them?) and granting health-orbs upon killing the affected enemies) could still remain in this version too.
  • Onehanded cast (due to being cast from his "eyes"), or at least give it a VERY quick animation

This version would be a lot more agile and "snappy", possibly fitting much better with Warframe's general pacing. At the very least, it could be introduced as another augment (which I think many people would consider to be a worthwhile augment, considering it would guarantee the petrification (and thus trigger the other utilities more easily too) along with being much quicker to use overall)

#4 Rumblers - These are mostly ok, but could use a few tweaks to make them more useful

• While active, any damage taken by Atlas is partially redirected to his Rumbler buddies instead (no matter the distance to them). Say, 60% of his damage taken is redirected to his Rumblers (split over evenly among them, if both are alive. If only one is alive, it will take the full 60% redirection alone). This redirection-value is unmodifiable.
  • Their attacks contribute to Atlas' melee combo counter
  • Their main attacks have a small "Landslide"-dash too, mainly for the purposes of not making their attacks miss so much. That, and/or simply increase their attacks' hitbox (maybe give them some AoE on their swipes?)
  • The rocks they throw could guarantee a stagger (maybe even a knockdown). Damage could also be done in a small AoE.
  • Nullifiers no longer instantly kill them, but instead drain their health over time (or alternatively, stuns them for the duration they are inside the Nullifier field).
  • Augment simply needs to be buffed (say buff it to 200/250/300/350% health and damage, and remove the speed penalty), and given a lot more AoE on all of its attacks, including its thrown rocks.
    In addition (or even alternatively to buffing the augment's current stats), it would also be cool if it crumbled into smaller versions upon death (Spoiler: Similar to the ones you fight in the Inaros quest), possibly even triggering max two times (So, it starts with 1 big Rumbler, then becomes 2 normal ones, then each of those crumble into 2 small ones (for a max of 4 small ones)). This also grants your more death-explosions to utilize. That, I think, would DEFINITELY be a mod worth equipping!
    Note: All the variously sized Rumblers would also fully function with the damage redirection as expected (i.e. 60% redirected, split among whatever Rumbler(s) you have active at the moment).
  • Now, for a potential (maybe completely unnecessary) Rumbler-augment-inspired idea:
    Press X to absorb one of your Rumblers! This would be very similar to the Rumbler-augment, but with some changes:
    • It gives you an "Iron Skin"-like coating (health of it is based on the absorbed Rumbler's health). It would have a max duration too (same as remaining duration of the Rumbler).
    • Recast to explode the skin early (this wouldn't "explode" the other Rumbler, you'd have to recast it again for that). Wether recast early manually, or if it expires by timer or by health lost, it explodes with a damage AoE, just like a regular Rumbler buddy.
    • Throwing the rock with primary fire, the rock's size is quite a bit bigger, and its damage scales with melee mods and has slight AoE on impact. It could cost a tiny bit of energy, if necessary.
    • Melee, its slam now knocks enemies down 100% of the time. Also, if you have the augment on, this melee slam will taunt enemies!
    • You can jump, parkour etc with the "skin" active. You movespeed is not slowed down either.
    • All abilities can be used while the "skin" is active.

And there ya go. What do you think?

Edited by Azamagon

Petrify could really use that change, because right now the range is too short and the change occurs too slowly to be worth the use over your weaponry or landslide.

About Rumblers, I think that rather than changing Rumblers with that many changes, they could just use to be affected by melee mods. After all, it just feels like a worse SotD.

1 hour ago, D20 said:

Petrify could really use that change, because right now the range is too short and the change occurs too slowly to be worth the use over your weaponry or landslide.

About Rumblers, I think that rather than changing Rumblers with that many changes, they could just use to be affected by melee mods. After all, it just feels like a worse SotD.

1) Yup. It needs improvments for sure.

2) I guess that could work too, and I wouldn't oppose it really. But that runs the risk of "WoF"-ing it (too much of a passive killing tool).

2 hours ago, Azamagon said:

• Atlas presses X on it = Roll quickly with the boulder (steerable, but travels forward automatically at high speed). While rolling, Atlas could be invulnerable(?). This gives him some mobility+survivability.
  • Gravity effect = When the wall is formed into a boulder (when you recast it), while it is rolling it gets a "vortex"-like effect, causing it to snatch enemies (in a ragdolling state) as it travels along. This would work for when Atlas rolls with the boulder too. This is to vastly improve its (currently horrendous) CC-potential.

I like these ideas.

The Rumbler could remain as an Augment that has different stats in Conclave and PvE (this can be done by essentially give you 2 mods when you buy it, both with same description, so when you are in the Conclave arsenal you see the PvP version, but on the PvE arsenal you see the PvE one, and none would be the wiser).

Can petrify just become a projectile that slows enemies and multiple casts turns them into stone?

Animation like the nukor.

The closer you are to petrify's origin the greater % chance you turn to stone. Multiple casts increase the stone chance. 

Enemies stoned take more damage.

Edited by (PS4)RenovaKunumaru

6 hours ago, Nazrethim said:

I like these ideas.

The Rumbler could remain as an Augment that has different stats in Conclave and PvE (this can be done by essentially give you 2 mods when you buy it, both with same description, so when you are in the Conclave arsenal you see the PvP version, but on the PvE arsenal you see the PvE one, and none would be the wiser).

Hah, yeah something akin to that (but a max duration of rolling should exist, I guess).

If the Rumbler augment was available in PvE (with its own stats), that'd be good too (although, less of an "option" midcombat then)

4 hours ago, (PS4)RenovaKunumaru said:

Can petrify just become a projectile that slows enemies and multiple casts turns them into stone?

Animation like the nukor.

The closer you are to petrify's origin the greater % chance you turn to stone. Multiple casts increase the stone chance. 

Enemies stoned take more damage.

Well, I honestly would consider that a bit clunkier. For snapcasted CC, that's what I intended Tectonics to be used for (when it's not defending something). It wouldn't help his defenses nearly as much either (considering Petrify being a continuous effect, with a stagger on first "touch" too).

Further, since an instant cast would mean you have to use it while NOT using Landslide, it's not as complimentary either (since with the eye-version, it'd be working at the same time as you could be using Landslide).

I'd consider it fine if the cast was more like a big wave (think Ice Wave, but not groundbased), along with it having a 100% chance to petrify enemies, but the time to Petrify the enemy taking longer the further away they are from him (say, instant petrification at point blank, while taking 4-ish seconds at the edge).

6 hours ago, Azamagon said:

Well, I honestly would consider that a bit clunkier. For snapcasted CC, that's what I intended Tectonics to be used for (when it's not defending something). It wouldn't help his defenses nearly as much either (considering Petrify being a continuous effect, with a stagger on first "touch" too).

Further, since an instant cast would mean you have to use it while NOT using Landslide, it's not as complimentary either (since with the eye-version, it'd be working at the same time as you could be using Landslide).

I'd consider it fine if the cast was more like a big wave (think Ice Wave, but not groundbased), along with it having a 100% chance to petrify enemies, but the time to Petrify the enemy taking longer the further away they are from him (say, instant petrification at point blank, while taking 4-ish seconds at the edge).

I'm not sure I understand this correctly. You want Petrify to remain the same except you can move and use your weapons with it as I understand from you post. 

That's it?

Kinda seems like one of those cheesy always on in the background abilities because why wouldn't I use it? Instead of something "conditional" and thought out. 
When I say conditional I'm referring to, "Oh here's an opportunity to capture a bunch of enemies" or "this enemy is tough, I should petrify it."

What petrify should do is provide CC for the team and provide Atlas with a catalyst for his 1. What I mean by that is:

1. Atlas see's bombard. 
  2. Atlas Landslides bombard.
  3. Bombard survives combo and gets launch across the map, only to fire rockets across the map at Atlas

However what it should be is:

1. Atlas see's bombard.
  2. Atlas knows he cant lanslide combo bombard because of high armor so casts petrify.
  3. Petrified enemies are immune to status and knockdown/knockback so Atlas can infinitely punch bombard until petrify duration ends.

11 hours ago, (PS4)RenovaKunumaru said:

I'm not sure I understand this correctly. You want Petrify to remain the same except you can move and use your weapons with it as I understand from you post. 

That's it?

Kinda seems like one of those cheesy always on in the background abilities because why wouldn't I use it? Instead of something "conditional" and thought out. 
When I say conditional I'm referring to, "Oh here's an opportunity to capture a bunch of enemies" or "this enemy is tough, I should petrify it."

What petrify should do is provide CC for the team and provide Atlas with a catalyst for his 1. What I mean by that is:

1. Atlas see's bombard. 
  2. Atlas Landslides bombard.
  3. Bombard survives combo and gets launch across the map, only to fire rockets across the map at Atlas

However what it should be is:

1. Atlas see's bombard.
  2. Atlas knows he cant lanslide combo bombard because of high armor so casts petrify.
  3. Petrified enemies are immune to status and knockdown/knockback so Atlas can infinitely punch bombard until petrify duration ends.

Very good points!

I can't really disagreed with anything you said, but there is ONE thing I think you forgot about my version: The Petrify I suggested would still only be a frontal shield (Tectonics is meant, among other things, to cover his rear / sides) and it would still stop energygains (like EV and such), so leaving it on forever would be detrimental. Maybe it would be more justifiable if it slowed down his movement speed a tiny bit (but still allowed all movements)?

That said, I think I've taking to like your version more than my own (cuz your scenario description is a very valid useage), if it was as the version I said; Conical fasttravelling (instant?) wave, with 100% chance to Petrify, but takes longer to Petrify the further away the enemy was hit from Atlas. Would be even more awesome if it was a onehanded cast (considering he could simply do an "eye-blast"). I'd totally accept that version. In fact, I'm gonna add it at in the OP!

On 21/10/2017 at 3:41 PM, Azamagon said:

Hah, yeah something akin to that (but a max duration of rolling should exist, I guess).

Tie it to Duration stat maybe.

If the Rumbler augment was available in PvE (with its own stats), that'd be good too (although, less of an "option" midcombat then)

I know. But I'm fond of having to choose the right tools for the job previously. It's the reason why on my ash rework thread I added 2 augments for every ability and the passive. Players can choose to go default or can alter how the ability works.

Think of it like Mark of the Ninja. You have different costumes and tools. But you can only select 2 tools.

Spoiler

Default: you have your sword, no advantages or disadvantages. You can carry 1 distraction item and 1 attack item.

Hunt: your assassinations always succeed, but items aren't restored on checkpoints. You can carry 2 attack items.

Might: you have more health and can stun enemies faster, but the Focus ability no longer stops time. You can carry 1 distraction item and 1 attack item.

Silence: you no longer make noise when running but you no longer have a sword. You can carry 2  distraction items (this style leaves you with no way of killing enemies besides indirect kills or kickin them from a high altitude enough to kill them)

Nightmare: terrifies enemies who witness you killing or discover a corpse, but you can only carry 1 attack item.

Wisdom (dlc only): replaces your sword with a non-lethal takedown, but this only mimics basic kill maneuvers. You can carry twice as much equipment (doube charges on items). 1 attack item and 1 distraction item. But you cannot use Farsight (a radar-like ability) and Focus no longer stops time.

Edited by Nazrethim

Another couple of things I always push for on Atlas

On petrify, I always thought that health orbs should drop from petrified enemies. As of right now, atlas has very good armor, which makes him tanky, but he can't use it effectively because he can't regen any health he does lose. It would also open up some build options for stuff like equilibrium/health conversion.

On rumblers, something needs to be done about how they interact with nullifiers because right now, they tend to run into the bubble and get insta-killed, which kind of sucks. And unlike shadows of the dead, rumblers aren't really that disposable. I think they should have a % health drain while inside and they should also do no damage within the bubble.

I put down some of my thoughts on Atlas in another thread regarding some possible reworking, and so I might as well put them down here, albeit a bit truncated in length.

Tectonics

It feels very low-impact. The wall is tiny, so you can't wall anything off unless it's specifically at a door, and if you boulder it, it moves slowly and doesn't actually do a whole lot.

To Fix: Holding the button, rather than putting up a wall, has Atlas hurl the resulting rock towards the target as an exploding boulder. It brings a little more versatility to his kit, makes Tectonics a bit more useful, makes him and his Rumblers mirror each other a bit more, and would let you hurl boulders at Dargyns like you're The Incredible Hulk. Holding the button while next to an already erected wall will also just use that wall instead of using energy. Probably make the walls a little wider too, just to make them a bit more usable in more places. Tectonics would also be a good place for an Augment which did something similar to Rumbled. You change your static defense into a mobile defense, but one that only defends you. Seems like a good trade, wouldn't you say? I'd use it.

Petrify

Man standing around waiting for things to petrify is boring. A single cone-shaped flash would be much more fun and not break your flow so much. Besides, other frames get Area-CC without having to stand around doing nothing and sucking energy to do it, why does Atlas have to deal with it? Especially since his is weaker against heavies and the like.

To Fix: So yeah, a single cone-shaped flash would be much nicer. One flash petrifies basic enemies. Heavies need two, but the first flash still roots them in place since it petrified their legs, so it's still doing something.

Landslide

Fantastic.

To Fix: I kinda wish his dash range was actually affected by Power Range. Gotta zip zoom across the map and deck some dudes, y'know? And I wish he ignored gravity for a bit until he actually delivered the punch. Dropping down and punching the air under an airborn target kinda blows, even if it still works a lot of the time.

THE LADS

Amazing.

To Fix: Yeah, them walking into Nullifier bubbles is a pain. A lot of other powers treat things inside Nullibubbles as if they don't exist, can we not just get this for THE LADS? I'm okay with them going to pieces if they end up in one, it just really sucks to see them running into them themselves. Just have 'em treat it as a wall or something so they'll go around to get somewhere. Or have 'em throw their rocks.

Truncated in length. What a laugh.

Anyway. Goal of these changes (Aside from the QoL stuff) would be to strengthen connection between Atlas and THE LADS, and improve his flow a bit. No more standing around waiting for things to turn to stone, and actually getting some potential use out of Tectonics if you're doing things other than 'sit here for a while', or god help you, are rolling around the Plains.

Plus I mean if Power Range boosted Landslide, you could just dashpunch up to the Dargyns too. Make mighty leaps in the name of punching.

Okay I'm done.

• 3 months later...

Sorry for the extremely late replies!

On 2017-10-25 at 9:48 AM, DeltaPangaea said:

I put down some of my thoughts on Atlas in another thread regarding some possible reworking, and so I might as well put them down here, albeit a bit truncated in length.

Tectonics

It feels very low-impact. The wall is tiny, so you can't wall anything off unless it's specifically at a door, and if you boulder it, it moves slowly and doesn't actually do a whole lot.

To Fix: Holding the button, rather than putting up a wall, has Atlas hurl the resulting rock towards the target as an exploding boulder. It brings a little more versatility to his kit, makes Tectonics a bit more useful, makes him and his Rumblers mirror each other a bit more, and would let you hurl boulders at Dargyns like you're The Incredible Hulk. Holding the button while next to an already erected wall will also just use that wall instead of using energy. Probably make the walls a little wider too, just to make them a bit more usable in more places. Tectonics would also be a good place for an Augment which did something similar to Rumbled. You change your static defense into a mobile defense, but one that only defends you. Seems like a good trade, wouldn't you say? I'd use it.

Petrify

Man standing around waiting for things to petrify is boring. A single cone-shaped flash would be much more fun and not break your flow so much. Besides, other frames get Area-CC without having to stand around doing nothing and sucking energy to do it, why does Atlas have to deal with it? Especially since his is weaker against heavies and the like.

To Fix: So yeah, a single cone-shaped flash would be much nicer. One flash petrifies basic enemies. Heavies need two, but the first flash still roots them in place since it petrified their legs, so it's still doing something.

Landslide

Fantastic.

To Fix: I kinda wish his dash range was actually affected by Power Range. Gotta zip zoom across the map and deck some dudes, y'know? And I wish he ignored gravity for a bit until he actually delivered the punch. Dropping down and punching the air under an airborn target kinda blows, even if it still works a lot of the time.

THE LADS

Amazing.

To Fix: Yeah, them walking into Nullifier bubbles is a pain. A lot of other powers treat things inside Nullibubbles as if they don't exist, can we not just get this for THE LADS? I'm okay with them going to pieces if they end up in one, it just really sucks to see them running into them themselves. Just have 'em treat it as a wall or something so they'll go around to get somewhere. Or have 'em throw their rocks.

Truncated in length. What a laugh.

Anyway. Goal of these changes (Aside from the QoL stuff) would be to strengthen connection between Atlas and THE LADS, and improve his flow a bit. No more standing around waiting for things to turn to stone, and actually getting some potential use out of Tectonics if you're doing things other than 'sit here for a while', or god help you, are rolling around the Plains.

Plus I mean if Power Range boosted Landslide, you could just dashpunch up to the Dargyns too. Make mighty leaps in the name of punching.

Okay I'm done.

Sorry for the extremely late reply!

Tectonics
Heh, tossing the boulder outright sounds fun. I guess I could see that happening.
Your other ideas for it are interesting too, definitely worth considering.

Petrify
Yeah, @Renovakunumaru suggested the same "flash" petrify too. Since then, I already added an alternative version of it. Have a look and tell me what you think!

Landslide
I can see Range aiding (even if partially) his dash-range. Giving him other options to close the gap are good too (so he doesn't have MORE reasons to only spam Landslide), but that'd at least be an easy change.

"The lads"
Already suggested to be dealt with by giving them a healthdrain over time (or to only be stunned inside the bubbles, could work too).

On 2017-10-22 at 9:07 PM, Somb3rBivalve said:

Another couple of things I always push for on Atlas

On petrify, I always thought that health orbs should drop from petrified enemies. As of right now, atlas has very good armor, which makes him tanky, but he can't use it effectively because he can't regen any health he does lose. It would also open up some build options for stuff like equilibrium/health conversion.

On rumblers, something needs to be done about how they interact with nullifiers because right now, they tend to run into the bubble and get insta-killed, which kind of sucks. And unlike shadows of the dead, rumblers aren't really that disposable. I think they should have a % health drain while inside and they should also do no damage within the bubble.

Added both ideas!

The Rumbler Nullifier interaction idea, believe it or not, I actually had in mind already (by either draining health or getting stunned).

As for the Petrify health orb thing, I saw it when you posted it a long time ago, and it has since simmered in my mind. The more I reflected upon the idea, the more I believed it to actually be a truly great idea, so big thanks for that idea! :)

Hi.

This is looking good. Wanted to pass by and drop something. Remember that "dual passive" system I said somewhere else, about a "gameplay passive" (think Nidus evolution) and "stat passive" (every other passive) ?

Well I wanted to share a "gameplay passive" for Atlas:

Mountain's Fortitude (placeholder)

Instead of Shield, Atlas has Rock skin(PH), which has different resistances and cannot be bypassed by either Slash procs or Toxin. It regenerates in chunks of 10-15% every second after the standard Shield delay. Enemies killed while petrified, or die to boulders, landslide or rumblers drop rock fragments that Atlas can pick up to gain Rock skin equal to 10% of it's maximum. Rock skin obtained via rock fragments can go over the cap for additional protection.

Pick 1 for every skill, these are the changes I see being plausible.

Landslide: Make ragdolled enemies targetable. (you can already target knock downed enemies, I've never had issues with that).

Landslide: Replace ragdoll with knock down if the above option is not do-able.

Tectonics: Buff its health to be the strongest wall, considering its size. 

Tectonics Recast: Give it a wider hit box for its knockdown but not for wall collisions.

Tectonics Recast: Overhaul.

Tectonics Recast: Just remove the boulder and don't replace it with anything.

Petrify: Current petrify but allow range to affect cone width and remove movement speed penalty but don't allow parkour still.

Petrify: Current petrify but add a circular AOE stoning effect with half range a strength.

Petrify: Instant cast cone with increased energy cost and slightly reduced range. 

Rumblers: Reduce their Energy cost to 50 to better represent thei power lvl.

Rumblers: Allow them to be moded like Khora's pets.

Rumblers: Instead of melee swinging they dash like a Landslide. No AOE necessary. 

Rumblers: When Atlas dies, if all Rumblers are still alive, they explode and he comes back to life (can only happen once every however many seconds)

Rumblers: Give them increased attack speed so the giant haymaker they swing hits before I kill the target myself.

Rumbler Augment: Buff its stats to be AT LEAST equal to the combined Rumblers and increase AOE taunt range.

On 21/10/2017 at 5:19 AM, Azamagon said:

So, Atlas is a cool frame. But could use some spicing up on some of his skills as they are really limitted in use. And I honestly think that most of them can be done rather simply (somewhat at least).
The idea behind this rework is to change the base abilities as little as possible, but rather give additions to them that complements his bread-and-butter skill, Landslide.

Passive - Unchanged. It's really good and thematic.

#1 Landslide - No direct changes, but is given some QoL:

• Simply holding down the #1 button would suffice to trigger the attack whenever you are aiming at an enemy. Spamming the button can be rather tedious for the hand.
  • Can now target enemies who are knocked down or ragdolled.

#2 Tectonics - This is the one skill I could see needing a whole bunch of additions, with the intention of making it his versatility ability.

• Cast Landslide on it = Shatter the boulder into a rock shotgun (Damage of the rock pellets would be based on Landslide and the Tectonic's health, but converted into an even mix of Impact/Puncture/Slash damage). This gives him some range when comboing his skills.
  • Castable at range = A possible addition would be that he could summon a wall further away from himself (similar to how Loki spawns his Decoy). This range would still be somewhat limitted (like 20 meters?), but affected by Power Range. This makes him a bit different from Volt and Frost, aiding his versatility. It also synergises well with the boulder's "Gravity"-effect, letting you pull enemies towards you from a distance (Summon the wall at them, then roll it over towards your feet).
  • Quake when summoned = When you summon a Tectonics wall, the ground around it could let loose a single "quake"-pulse, knocking down enemies near it. This, combined with the ranged summonability, would further improves its versatility and CC.
  • Potential idea: Give him 4 walls to summon, by default. Holdcasting would cause a wall (latest, or all of them?) to roll into the boulder.
  • Augment: If going with the idea of giving him more walls by default, then I'd revamp his augment into something like this instead -> Stalagmite Reaction = When the wall is attacked, it retaliates against its attackers with earthspikes, which deal 3/6/9/12% of the wall's hp as puncture damage. The earthspikes cannot attack more than once per 2 sec per enemy.
    However, if the augment is to be kept as it is (and thus default Tectonics can still only summon max 1 wall), then I'd add this to the current augment: Keep it as it is, but also add to it that holdcast would cause ALL the boulders to roll at once.

#3 Petrify - A couple of additions:

• This is a small, yet HUGE change: Instead of Atlas directly using his own "eyes" to petrify, he could instead summon an energy-"eye" right in front of his face. This eye then performs the current Petrify-effect. What this means is that he is now 100% free to move (although, for some balance, still at some reduced speed) and allow him to use abilities/guns/parkour etc while Petrify is active! Something else I'd like to point out, is that It they eye would remain at the same height at all times, so when he rolls, the eye won't "roll" with him, but rather stay at the old headheight, meaning that the cone doesn't move around sporadically, it only points towards the direction of your aiming reticle, at all times.
    EDIT: If this change is too good, at least allow him to use secondary weapons and move around with all parkour (still slowed, ofc), that could probably be good enough.
  • Further, similar to Gara's Mass Vitrify -> The more an enemy is petrified, the more damage it takes (up to 50%, plus being modifiable by Power Strength), to compensate for the inability to proc status-effects on enemies who are petrified.
  • A common suggestion: Petrify could heal Tectonics walls and Rumblers. Just makes sense, really.
  • Killing an enemy affected by Petrify could grant a chance, proportional to their petrification-status (so 100% chance if fully petrified), to drop a health-orb. That way you can also help sustain yourself and your allies, not just the walls and Rumblers.

#3 Petrify - Alternative version (as suggested/inspired by @Renovakunumaru)

• Is now a singlecast conical wave, rather than a continuous cone-beam.
  • Energycost increased to max 75, min 50.
  • Enemies caught in the wave are guaranteed to be petrified, but the further away the enemy was from Atlas, the longer it takes to petrify. At point blank, the enemy is instantly petrified. At the edge of the wave, the enemy will take, say, 4 seconds to fully petrify.
  • The added utilities (namely the damage-amp, healing the walls/Rumblers (via a heal over time buff place on them?) and granting health-orbs upon killing the affected enemies) could still remain in this version too.
  • Onehanded cast (due to being cast from his "eyes"), or at least give it a VERY quick animation

This version would be a lot more agile and "snappy", possibly fitting much better with Warframe's general pacing. At the very least, it could be introduced as another augment (which I think many people would consider to be a worthwhile augment, considering it would guarantee the petrification (and thus trigger the other utilities more easily too) along with being much quicker to use overall)

#4 Rumblers - These are mostly ok, but could use a few tweaks to make them more useful

• While active, any damage taken by Atlas is partially redirected to his Rumbler buddies instead (no matter the distance to them). Say, 60% of his damage taken is redirected to his Rumblers (split over evenly among them, if both are alive. If only one is alive, it will take the full 60% redirection alone). This redirection-value is unmodifiable.
  • Their attacks contribute to Atlas' melee combo counter
  • Their main attacks have a small "Landslide"-dash too, mainly for the purposes of not making their attacks miss so much. That, and/or simply increase their attacks' hitbox (maybe give them some AoE on their swipes?)
  • The rocks they throw could guarantee a stagger (maybe even a knockdown). Damage could also be done in a small AoE.
  • Nullifiers no longer instantly kill them, but instead drain their health over time (or alternatively, stuns them for the duration they are inside the Nullifier field).
  • Augment simply needs to be buffed (say buff it to 200/250/300/350% health and damage, and remove the speed penalty), and given a lot more AoE on all of its attacks, including its thrown rocks.
    In addition (or even alternatively to buffing the augment's current stats), it would also be cool if it crumbled into smaller versions upon death (Spoiler: Similar to the ones you fight in the Inaros quest), possibly even triggering max two times (So, it starts with 1 big Rumbler, then becomes 2 normal ones, then each of those crumble into 2 small ones (for a max of 4 small ones)). This also grants your more death-explosions to utilize. That, I think, would DEFINITELY be a mod worth equipping!
    Note: All the variously sized Rumblers would also fully function with the damage redirection as expected (i.e. 60% redirected, split among whatever Rumbler(s) you have active at the moment).
  • Now, for a potential (maybe completely unnecessary) Rumbler-augment-inspired idea:
    Press X to absorb one of your Rumblers! This would be very similar to the Rumbler-augment, but with some changes:
    • It gives you an "Iron Skin"-like coating (health of it is based on the absorbed Rumbler's health). It would have a max duration too (same as remaining duration of the Rumbler).
    • Recast to explode the skin early (this wouldn't "explode" the other Rumbler, you'd have to recast it again for that). Wether recast early manually, or if it expires by timer or by health lost, it explodes with a damage AoE, just like a regular Rumbler buddy.
    • Throwing the rock with primary fire, the rock's size is quite a bit bigger, and its damage scales with melee mods and has slight AoE on impact. It could cost a tiny bit of energy, if necessary.
    • Melee, its slam now knocks enemies down 100% of the time. Also, if you have the augment on, this melee slam will taunt enemies!
    • You can jump, parkour etc with the "skin" active. You movespeed is not slowed down either.
    • All abilities can be used while the "skin" is active.

And there ya go. What do you think?

Like some of the ideas but still i feel like atlas should be punch centric or brawlcentric as it was intended,  the ones i liked the most are the petrify and rumblers ones,  here's what i thought to rework 1 punch frame a while back

Also the landslide/tectonics shotgun combo sounds something alike a post of mine that i couldnt find anymore RIP that atlas rework post

Edited by Huanthus