Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Zaw Crafting Hotfix 22.0.9 Oversight

Sitchrea

The recent hotfix made all Zaw strikes and grips buyable at Ostron rank 1 from Hok.

Problem is, you can't actually craft most of them because you still have to rank up to craft resources like Auroxium.

So I don't know why Zaw's were changed when Ores and resources are still the same. I think this was an oversight.

Edited by Sitchrea

37 minutes ago, Sitchrea said:

So I don't know why Zaw's were changed when Ores and resources are still the same. I think this was an oversight.

Because the change was only for Zaws. The change wasn't for ores. It's that simple. There's no oversight. Did they mention ores and forget to change something or change it incorrectly? No. They didn't even mention ores.

1 minute ago, InDueTime-EN- said:

Coz this allows you to craft all the Zaws without needing to rank up in Ostron Syndicate. The resources stay the same because the higher quality Zaws still need some investment in time and have grind. 

Why go through the effort of reducing the rank of a part if you still need a higher rank to craft said part? 

And anyway, the links are still bound to many higher ranks, so there still is a need for progression. 

Just now, DrBorris said:

Why go through the effort of reducing the rank of a part if you still need a higher rank to craft said part? 

Again. this is so players don't have to rank up their standing with the Ostron to test out the weapons. Higher Ranked weapons would still have an advantage over the lower class. The resource requirements gives a limiting factor that makes players want to try lower level ones first and then work towards the higher levels too. Since mastery isn't really used in this system, DE needed to add another limiting factor. Before this change, there were 2 : resources and standing. They reduced that to just resources. Players are not meant to be able to get the strongest Zaw (without the links) with little effort. 

Just now, DrBorris said:

And anyway, the links are still bound to many higher ranks, so there still is a need for progression. 

The links are add bonuses. This would just allow players to test all the weapon types.

I think some might be misunderstanding the issue the OP is raising....

You can buy the bp for the part at level 1 but you can't build some of them until a higher level due to them needing a refined ore resource that is only available at a higher rank in cetus standing when you can buy the bp or by buying said items with plat (not a good precedent). 

In essence what is the point of being able to buy a zaw bp which you can't craft due to a resource being unavailable at the same level you can buy the zaw bp, they might as well have left the zaw bp where it was....the OP is enquiring about whether or not DE is aware of this situation and if it's an oversight on their part which might be corrected...considering how out of whack cetus economy has been since day 1 it's entirely possible. 

Mind you I still haven't bothered buying any because I feel some of the resource prices are unbalanced with their drop rates and don't want to waste what I have got when DE realises this and adjust things.... I've already seen posts about people wanting refunds on cetus standing on zaw bp's they've purchased etc. 

3 hours ago, DrBorris said:

Low key enticing peeps to progress further I guess....

3 hours ago, InDueTime-EN- said:

Coz this allows you to craft all the Zaws without needing to rank up in Ostron Syndicate. The resources stay the same because the higher quality Zaws still need some investment in time and have grind. 

Except....you still need to rank up in order to get the blueprints to turn the ores into usable materials. So you can't craft all the zaws.

3 minutes ago, patrizl001 said:

Except....you still need to rank up in order to get the blueprints to turn the ores into usable materials. So you can't craft all the zaws.

oh... right, good point. I wasn't even thinking about that part. OK, you have convince me to your point, something has to change there.