Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

PSA: Twitch Drops System Change

[DE]Taylor

Hey Tenno,

For those of you who have been participating as a viewer or a streamer in The Great Eidolon Twitch Drops event, Twitch recently implemented a change to Twitch Drops that you should know about:

To quote from the most recent iteration of Twitch's official How to Earn Drops page, “your chances of receiving a Drop do not increase by having multiple streams of the same game open simultaneously”. 

You can read more about Twitch Drops here: https://help.twitch.tv/customer/en/portal/articles/2754380-how-to-earn-drops

Interested in learning more about Warframe's Twitch Drop campaign, the Great Eidolon Hunt? You can receive Drops simply from watching your favourite Warframe caster until Nov 2! Full details are available in our news post: https://www.warframe.com/news/the-great-eidolon-hunt

Cheers,
[DE]Taylor
:community:

• Like 2

On one hand I say good on you: people opening sixteen streams and not watching any of them is obviously not what this event is all about.

On the other hand, if you didn't want people to collect thousands of drops, why do you have desirable items on the drop table with odds of one in thousands?

• Like 9

1 minute ago, Fruchtpudding said:

Well, I guess I'll just be content with my 100 Nitain and 90 days of affinity boosters then.

Also you do realize your inflated viewer numbers on twitch are gonna drop a lot now, right?

I don't think this was DE's decision, it was done by twitch.

Time to close all the tabs then. This was the only thing that made twitch bearable. Not many people want to watch others play a video game, especially when Plains of Eidolon is out with loads of content. At that point you might as well watch someone watch a movie.

rip-gravestone-md.png

Edited by --Q--Voltage

Just now, Arceus255 said:

I don't think this was DE's decision, it was done by twitch.

In that case they'll probably want to contact twitch about this. People having dozens of streams open was what got warframe consistently into the top 5 viewed games on twitch. I mean that was really the whole point of this campaign.

1 minute ago, SherpaRage said:

This was gonna happen on Nov. 2 too. Now it just is happening sooner. Pretty much everyone knew and was expecting it.

I actually think this campaign was so successful that they probably planned to do similar ones regularly from now on, probably with just a few weeks downtime inbetween. With this change though...

The bigger issue is streamers making new accounts to farm achievements. To paraphrase what I heard from another streamer comment on Warframe's Twitch Drops program, there's a lack of broadcaster/viewer interaction going on. Viewers are just opening up streams and leaving them on in the background with the sound muted or something similar. They're basically human viewbots. The growth and viewership is artificial if all people are doing is grinding the drops. It gamifies the system. 

1 minute ago, Fruchtpudding said:

I actually think this campaign was so successful that they probably planned to do similar ones regularly from now on, probably with just a few weeks downtime inbetween. With this change though...

I know there was talks of a Winter/Christmas one since they now have the source code for the drops at the disposal.

1 minute ago, (PS4)TehMunkeyKing said:

They're basically human viewbots. The growth and viewership is artificial if all people are doing is grinding the drops. It gamifies the system. 

Waframe is a game all about farming. We know how to do things efficiently.

• Like 3