The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I've seriously had enough with focus 2.0 farming.

devildevil21

On 10/27/2017 at 8:49 AM, Mattoropael said:

The convergence orb does not counter camping. It adds minor inconvenience at worst - I farm my daily Focus at Berehynia, and more often than not the downtime created by convergence orb is so short, I can grab it and wait for the EV to replenish me before continuing to kill mobs.

A reasonably easy-to-reach daily cap on the other hand will stop focus farming dead in the tracks, simply because there's no need to. (You don't see people going to Bere/Hydron just to farm syndicate points these days)

To add: The convergence orb hurts regular players dramatically, and is at best slightly annoying to the power farmers. I'd much rather see the convergence orbed dropped entirely so that the vast majority of us can just play normally while those who want to grind it out as quickly as possible can still do that without having to be forced into grinding a single mission type. 

Convergence orb has to go. It serves no purpose. 

at least some ppl are capable of farm focus till cap every day.. some of us not have that many time to farm and i dont will just log to farm focus  letting they other gameplay apart.. common at least change convergence orbs  its anoying and waste of time

Totally agree with OP. If the point of Convergence is to avoid powerfarm, it's a perfect miss : if you don't powerfarm, you don't get anything, as the system is right now. This penalizes only casual players, powerfarmers almost don't feel any difference ; thus giving the incentive to use cheese tactics. The system from Syndicate Standing is what Focus needs, and I don't get this is still not a thing. Especially when Syndicate has an overall much higher conversion rate from Sigils and a much lower daily cap.

Let me make a quick comparison between Syndicates and Focus :

• Daily Cap
    • 25K for Syndicates, 250K for Focus. Focus Cap is 10 times higher than Syndicates' one.
  • Daily gain
    • Syndicates :the base Sigil has a conversion rate of 2.25% from any Affinity earned. You can go up to 15% with the best Sigil.
    • The very best conversion rate you can hope for Focus gains without Convergence is... 2.25%, by equipping an Eidolon Lens on each piece of your gear. So at least 4 of them. Even if you throw Convergence in the mix (8x the gains), the ratio is not interesting, and that is without counting the tendency of this Orb to spawn at most irrelevant times and places. Plus, I don't think a lot of us has already even one Eidolon Lens.

So yeah... Not only should the Convergence be removed (period), but the gains from Lenses have to be seriously increased. Nobody ever liked the Convergence, nobody likes it now. The former Focus System was taking the dust for most of us because of the horrendous grind, I predict the same thing will happen to Focus 2.0 if nothing is done.

Edited by Arkhenbarn

I say leave the cap as is...BUT make ONE Focus Lens per school that is tied to 15% of affinity goes to the school of choice. that IS basically what we have with the Syndicates after all...except at a (MR rank +1) * 1000 cap, which i can hit my 22k a day there within an hour or less depending on what missions i do (I  do almost exclusively survivals when I'm bored) I cant give a good number right now as the Syndicate standing earned per mission is bugged to all hek right now. We can slot a lens to our Operator..and since nearly everything focus related is now for the operator, i think we should have a menu that lets us select the lens we want to use (basically we slot all 5 schools, going from Basic (~5% to 7.5%) to Greater (10%) to Eidolon (15%)) Yes, this would mean we wouldnt be able to gain focus in 4/5 schools (why would ANYONE want to shoot themselves in the foot that much is beyond me) and thus focus on one school at a time....but i think we would actually then be able to hit our daily cap of 250k within few hours.....not waste it like MANY players are now (myself included)

as far as the Convergence Orbs.....I had forgotten that they were added to stop camping....but as of right now it seems like we HAVE to get them jus tto get ok gains (basically at the rates if they had been with the above numbers on lenses (imo) since the CO is an 8x mult (i think? or was it 4x or 6x?)

and yes this is all before boosters are taken into account, thus even FASTER rates to hit the daily cap.

If we DIDNT have a cap, then i would be up in arms over how long it would take at the VERY low rates we are at right now....but seeing as we DO have a cap...it should not matter at how quick we hit it...as long as we DO hit it....as it stands, even I do not want to do that stealth affinity farming just to SCRATCH my daily cap, as i would get bored so fast its not even funny and then want to go back to my normal survival runs.

A long-term goal, says DE?

its more like a fu*king LIFETIME PROGRESS , i was playing WF a lot since focus came out (Focus 1.0) and managed to get 4,2 millions of Naramon focus, Now? that 4,2kk wasnt enough to max not even 20% of the entire tree.

I agree, Focus 2.0 should have WAY less focus requirements. That, or the Lens would provide actually better % of affinity conversion.

On 10/27/2017 at 11:37 AM, devildevil21 said:

2. Make it a LONG term goal with FAST obtain rates BUT with limits (daily/weekly caps).

This alone, seems like such a perfectly logical, simple and elegant element of design, wrapped up nicely and presented on a silver platter, that I have a hard time understanding how it turns out we need to ask for it to be implemented...

7 hours ago, aleksi134 said:

Syndicates take a while to max out but its not annoying like focus farming and its very doable.

The whole problem lies into the $&*&*#(%& amount of focus you need to upgrade something and the whole lens, focus orbs system.

Easy fix: Half the whole focus need to EVERYTHING, remove the annoying orbs, give us lens distiller, buff the lens to syndicate levels.