The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Infested Meteor and Operation: Plague Star

Outssiss

Did anyone talk to Konzu about the Infestation? He 

Spoiler

suggested it might have something to do with his Uncle, who sacrificed himself and was infested over the shipyards of Eris. That could explain why it "coincidentally" landed so close to Cetus. Major hint that this also comes from Eris...

42 minutes ago, Sentinel-Wraith said:

Did anyone talk to Konzu about the Infestation? He 

Reveal hidden contents

suggested it might have something to do with his Uncle, who sacrificed himself and was infested over the shipyards of Eris. That could explain why it "coincidentally" landed so close to Cetus. Major hint that this also comes from Eris...

Dead-space-like planetoid that's going to kill us all?

Edited by Teloch

47 minutes ago, Teloch said:

Dead-space-like planetoid that's going to kill us all?

More like Pet Cemetary. "Dead Uncle trying to shamble home in airless box, not knowing about tendrils snaking through every organ."

A real shame if we have to kill him as a Lephantic head. Again, I mean.

At this point, with everyone, Cetus inhabitants, and all us Tenno, *knowing* its going to become a problem - why havent we collectively destroyed the boil by now or at least tried?

Like we'd really just sit around waiting for it to burst open and spill out a big infested mess for us to deal with? We *know* Vay Hek wants to exploit it as a weapon against Cetus - we *know* its infested in nature, we *know* nothing good can come from it.

But eh, no...we're just flying around it, walking by it, staring it. Going 'Hey lookit that, damn thing busted up my fishin' hole'.

Silly.

Moral of the story, having a flashy introduction to a new event and then dragging out its activation sucks...

49 minutes ago, Mavor said:

At this point, with everyone, Cetus inhabitants, and all us Tenno, *knowing* its going to become a problem - why havent we collectively destroyed the boil by now or at least tried?

Like we'd really just sit around waiting for it to burst open and spill out a big infested mess for us to deal with? We *know* Vay Hek wants to exploit it as a weapon against Cetus - we *know* its infested in nature, we *know* nothing good can come from it.

But eh, no...we're just flying around it, walking by it, staring it. Going 'Hey lookit that, damn thing busted up my fishin' hole'.

Silly.

Moral of the story, having a flashy introduction to a new event and then dragging out its activation sucks...

its becouse we are greedy and we are waiting to see what could farm from it, even cetus its greedy as F*** im worried corpus are no the profit cult anymore.

Walked by it today, and noticed that it appears to be shifting on the ground. Uncertain if it's growing larger, but the arch on the east side has broken off, and the mass that was once its base looks a bit blobbier than before.

For those with good screenshots, it might be interesting to compare it to see how else it might be shifting.

On 11/5/2017 at 11:51 PM, Unus said:

I have a feeling that, given the look of it, the thing is so disgustingly mucus covered that, even in space, where it should be burning up on entry, it just shriveled down a bit into a nasty mucus core that made it go splat instead of boom.

Theres also the even more disturbing possibility that the strain controlling it actually "guided" it to a landing. It cooked, but did not burn-out despite atmospheric entry. The colony might have guided the blob's entry so that it was intact as possible on "impact" (stretch into a parachute shape to slow-down, divert all assets to the core and let the outer crust burn, et cetera)

Unlike a big stone an metal K-T Boundry creator, this sucker had a goal it wanted to achieve.

Well it' no "Brethren Moon" 

q5ji1Nx.jpg

Edited by BetaNoire

13 hours ago, Mavor said:

Silly.

"Oh... This looks fun! (:" - every Operator, as they watch Cetus civvies and grineer soldiers being absorbed alive by the swarming infestation.

#operatorquotes 

13 hours ago, Oseiron said:

Walked by it today, and noticed that it appears to be shifting on the ground. Uncertain if it's growing larger, but the arch on the east side has broken off, and the mass that was once its base looks a bit blobbier than before.

For those with good screenshots, it might be interesting to compare it to see how else it might be shifting.

Looks pretty much the same to me:

Old:

Spoiler

Vo62YbS.jpg

Today:

Spoiler

QopV67H.jpg

3 hours ago, AoBaka said:

"be ready to act at a moments notice"

"act at a moments notice"

"moments notice"

"moments"

Moment - an indefinitely short period of time; instant

i heard that message friday night...well...im ready...to act :I 

DE stop teasing, I can only get so erect.

On 11/4/2017 at 11:17 PM, ScarletDespairBelserion said:

Well if my memory is correct, they did mention that they would move Lephantis into the plains... so maybe this infested meteor is the arrival of Lephantis.:infested:

This is my bet as well, as they've already shown Alpha footage of the Plains before release with him walking on it. Others said it was just for testing for the Eidolon, but I doubt it.