Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rare Fishs spawn rate

DarkRuler2500

Please DE, for the sake of us non-fisher-geeks: Please do something about the rare fishes drop chance.
I am following the very exact tips and tricks from other players, using the rigth bait and the right time into the hotspots of the right water surface.
However even through everything is done properly I almost get only 1 fish every 2-3 baits which is seriously a waste.

Please tweak the chance a little bit for us players who'd like to play the game without spending hours upon hours on fishing to make progress.
Its ok that fishing is necessary for Cetus and even for Quil progress but please make the amount of time spent worth it more.

Right now I can be happy to have 12 Norgs in one night and that is with calculating the Smeeta Kavat and my Resource booster. :(

there's a small spawn delay for fish

4-6 fish will spawn in an area at 1 time once you fish them all they don't spawn immediately and bait does nothing to force them to spawn so its better to look for other hotspots in the area so when you exhaust the spawn you can just move to the other one and return when you exhaust that one

also try to drop the bait before the fish start spawning but not too early so that the next spawn will have a high chance of being the baited fish

Edited by DigitalCielo
to word things better

1 hour ago, DigitalCielo said:

there's a small spawn delay for fish

4-6 fish will spawn in an area at 1 time once you fish them all they don't spawn immediately and bait does nothing to force them to spawn so its better to look for other hotspots in the area so when you exhaust the spawn you can just move to the other one and return when you exhaust that one

also try to drop the bait before the fish start spawning but not too early so that the next spawn will have a high chance of being the baited fish

Delay doesn't matter when there is no fish spawn during the WHOLE duration of 2 bait. (murkray)

1 hour ago, aleksi134 said:

Right now personally using my favorite fishing spot, with hotspots got like 4 murkrays everytime i used bait.

Prior to hotfix, i can get 5 to 7++ Murkray per murkey bait. Now? 0 or 1 murkray, that or no other fish at all.

18 minutes ago, low1991 said:

Prior to hotfix, i can get 5 to 7++ Murkray per murkey bait. Now? 0 or 1 murkray, that or no other fish at all.

Same, i got good fishes prior to the last fixes.
However nothing in the patch notes, did DE perhaps stealth nerf the fish spawns?

Just now, DarkRuler2500 said:

Same, i got good fishes prior to the last fixes.
However nothing in the patch notes, did DE perhaps stealth nerf the fish spawns?

Is what i thought. But appears 'normal' for my alliances mates... Now i dont know, seems like the community is spit into 2, 1 with bug, 1 without bug.

Well I wasted 41 Murkray baits sitting in the exact same spot as my friend who was fishing next to me and i got 1 murkay Liver and he got 18 with around 4 baits. I even streamed so he could see what was happening on my end and he couldnt believe nothing ever spawned.  I tried many different spots with my friends and each time I get next to nothing. I've played in groups and solo with almost zero luck with fishing and frankly I can't be bothered any more. I have to get the odd rare fish from my clan or my raid group just so I could rank up or build a new amp.   I will continue to run the night fight just to get extra focus but other than that I'm pretty much done with the endless farming for nothing. Back to selling Arcanes for me. 

Haven't fished since the latest update but I have read that bait is only good for the first 30 seconds and it stops doing anything once it starts to sink. Personally I think that's a load of bunk because my bait will frequently be sitting at the bottom of a lake before a rare fish will show up which is long past the supposed "bait usefulness" window. 

I think a lot of people are wasting bait that by tossing more bait into the water long before it needs to be. I also don't really think it needs to go "into the circles" I think the circles are just an indicator that that general area is a current "hot spot". Tho throwing it as close to a circle as is possible certainly wouldn't hurt. 

All that said I usually get ~1 rare fish per bait sometimes more rarely less but generally I'm seeing about one. 

Before the last hotfix I was able to get 86 murkrays AND 22 norgs in a single night, amounting to some 40k Cetus rep.

After the hotfix, I tried fishing norg again and got only 12 norgs in a night.

It seems like bait efficacy in general has gone down, as I'm trying to catch sharrac and karkina now and getting a lot of goopolla and tralok. It seems like bait wears off really quickly or something, where before it lasted the whole duration of the hotspot.

50 minutes ago, KratosStrength said:

Before the last hotfix I was able to get 86 murkrays AND 22 norgs in a single night, amounting to some 40k Cetus rep.

After the hotfix, I tried fishing norg again and got only 12 norgs in a night.

It seems like bait efficacy in general has gone down, as I'm trying to catch sharrac and karkina now and getting a lot of goopolla and tralok. It seems like bait wears off really quickly or something, where before it lasted the whole duration of the hotspot.

Has that free three day resource booster expired? Cause if it has that would explain the number dropping roughly by half. 

I still had the booster for both times, and I only spent like 10 minutes of the night fishing those 22 while I spent the entire night norg fishing when I got 12

Edit: It seems like murkray actually spawn reasonably often still with bait (I caught 10, without a booster, without it taking the whole night), but my friend is having trouble getting sharrac/karkina.

I think it might still be coincidence to an extent, but if more people are reporting stuff like this it's worth looking into

Edited by KratosStrength

like really 20 bait in a hotspot in the right place on the right time to get one fish not to say how much bait u waste as u cant see the hotspot half the time that  not right already cost a arm and a leg to craft the bait like this is getting stupid now wasting a half day fishing to get one fish  DE u need to change this 

9 hours ago, Oreades said:

Haven't fished since the latest update but I have read that bait is only good for the first 30 seconds and it stops doing anything once it starts to sink. Personally I think that's a load of bunk because my bait will frequently be sitting at the bottom of a lake before a rare fish will show up which is long past the supposed "bait usefulness" window. 

I think a lot of people are wasting bait that by tossing more bait into the water long before it needs to be. I also don't really think it needs to go "into the circles" I think the circles are just an indicator that that general area is a current "hot spot". Tho throwing it as close to a circle as is possible certainly wouldn't hurt. 

All that said I usually get ~1 rare fish per bait sometimes more rarely less but generally I'm seeing about one. 

that's wrong, it lasts until the hotspot goes away, not just 30s

Rare fish bait seems to be either stealth-nerfed or glitched. Tried Glappid fishing, the first time i did it before patch i got 60+ with 3 bait (had booster and smeeta). This time, two baited hotspots, not a single one. Tried cuthol fishing, they spawned, but it's as if the bait duration no longer lasts even half of the hotspot's duration and i'm getting less than half of what I used to.

I'm hoping this is just a glitch because DE messed with fish spawns in the latest patch (The thing about spawns piling up, which I ASSUMED to mean the phenomena where you get a few minutes with no fish and then suddenly 3-5 of them all spawn at once, which is actually happening A LOT MORE post-patch might I add) and not a stealth nerf and it'll be fixed by next patch, because if DE actually still thinks the current grind is not time-consuming enough I'm just gonna uninstall at that point. I have other games that actually RESPECT my time, thank you very much.