Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A compromise for login rewards?

Mk.1

46 minutes ago, peterc3 said:

How is this a compromise?

It would be a compromise as people could get the item they actually want, as opposed to getting a weapon that they neither want nor will use. Thus, actually feeling rewarded for their 'efforts'. Though, efforts is a strong word here...

Or, the sigils and catalysts I suppose. 

But I always believe choice makes a game better, so I suppose I'm biased.

Edited by KX297

3 hours ago, KX297 said:

It would be a compromise as people could get the item they actually want, as opposed to getting a weapon that they neither want nor will use. Thus, actually feeling rewarded for their 'efforts'. Though, efforts is a strong word here...

Or, the sigils and catalysts I suppose. 

But I always believe choice makes a game better, so I suppose I'm biased.

A compromise is a meeting in the middle of two opposing ideas. The middle being mutually agreed, but not necessarily exactly between the two ends. This just reads as the players getting exactly what they want and nothing of what DE wants is considered.

3 hours ago, xXDeadsinxX said:

That’s not really a comprise now is it? Just login and you will get rewards, not that hard to login.

Your right that it is not difficult. But what does that really do? Doesn't feel rewarding in the slightest, nor does it warrant a good system. I mean, I won't see the only item I want for a very long time, if ever. I don't really care too much, but it is something I think they should address for those who do. If I got it in a different way, cool. If not, whatever. But the system obviously has some problems.

9 minutes ago, peterc3 said:

A compromise is a meeting in the middle of two opposing ideas. The middle being mutually agreed, but not necessarily exactly between the two ends. This just reads as the players getting exactly what they want and nothing of what DE wants is considered.

What is it that you think DE wants? I would assume loyal players, but this system doesn't really accomplish that. Really, I don't see anything that DE gets from this. Consistent logins each day? If so, then this change wouldn't disturb that.

I would say this change would make many players feel better, and could lead to some more loyal players.

Do you really need that login reward weapons? There's 300 more weapons to craft and potato, why would you even care about, let's say, some Azima that can only do... well nothing except spin magazine like a fidget spinner?

I say they should remain the same, it's like a show of loyalty and dedication to the game. It's not the primary goal of the game, CARVE IT. Play the damn Warframe.

1 minute ago, KX297 said:

What is it that you think DE wants? I would assume loyal players, but this system doesn't really accomplish that. Really, I don't see anything that DE gets from this. Consistent logins each day? If so, then this change wouldn't disturb that.

I would say this change would make many players feel better, and could lead to some more loyal players.

Daily logins. Literally as simple as that.

Azima, Zenistar, Zenith and Sigma. There are 4 weapons currently in the system. Let's say I am a big fan of Sword and Shield so I use a token on Sigma. There is now no reason for me to log in. None of them are particularly high powered or so desireable outside their existing rarity.

Fury, Vigor and Shred. 3 Primed mods. While they are undoubtedly better than their non-Primed selves, they can be replaced easily, especially since existing builds can erase the entire star chart and well into endless and also Sorties. I'd spend a token on Shred.

Giving players exactly what they want, when they want it is a fantastic way of making sure most of your players only play when there is new content and never anytime else. This "solution" is exactly that. DE cannot and, I would imagine, will not just hand this stuff over to the players when they want it.

13 minutes ago, peterc3 said:

Azima, Zenistar, Zenith and Sigma. There are 4 weapons currently in the system. Let's say I am a big fan of Sword and Shield so I use a token on Sigma. There is now no reason for me to log in. None of them are particularly high powered or so desireable outside their existing rarity.

Fury, Vigor and Shred. 3 Primed mods. While they are undoubtedly better than their non-Primed selves, they can be replaced easily, especially since existing builds can erase the entire star chart and well into endless and also Sorties. I'd spend a token on Shred.

Giving players exactly what they want, when they want it is a fantastic way of making sure most of your players only play when there is new content and never anytime else. This "solution" is exactly that. DE cannot and, I would imagine, will not just hand this stuff over to the players when they want it.

Assuming the absolute worst case scenario isn't a strong basis for a counter argument. I imagine most people either do or don't care for various reasons already. What I do know is that it's a sucky feeling knowing good stuff is years out of reach. How hard do you think most people are farming focus?

And let's take a step back and assume this isn't the end of login rewards. Maybe only one item of interest is on the table now, but who is to say that won't change when we're at day 800?

7 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Nittymaster said:

Dear OP get in line and wait like everyone did and does

Wow. So constructive. So helpful. Way to be a contributing member of the community. 

14 minutes ago, peterc3 said:

Well, with a token system, they would still get their daily logins. And the chances of players staying would probably go up. Instead of getting some item they don't want and leaving, they could get one they do want and stick around a little longer using it. When I got my Azima, I got it to thirty as fast as possible and chunked it. Knew I'd dislike it before I got it, disliked it when it finally came. However, had I gotten one of the items I wanted, I would have taken my time and forma'd the shizz out of it like I do all the weapons I enjoy.

A ton of players already only play during new updates and then leave. It's why I go from clan to clan constantly searching for a consistently active one. This won't change it or fix it. Plus, this system currently doesn't do anything to ensure they stick around. Many just login and then leave. 

I don't see why so many are against this type of system really. It wouldn't harm anything. It would just make the game a little better for those who are actually loyal. 

But, for now, I suppose I'll just pretend the Sigma and Octanis don't exist and continue waiting for another Sword and Sheild to be released. Sheeve for the win! Keep stabbing people with my can-opener till then.

On ‎10‎/‎31‎/‎2017 at 4:48 AM, KenthNisshoku said:

or log in normally everyday...

hell if other people did it so can you

700 days is two years. His suggestion still requires that you login everyday, it doesn't accelerate the process. Just allows you to choose which special item to prioritize, which is nice because they have varying degrees of usefulness. What is your criticism exactly? Because it sounds like you're pulling the 'entitlement' card, while in the next post saying he doesn't deserve the things you have for the same level of investment because... you deserve it more... for some reason? You see what I'm saying here?

There is an actual case to be made against having agency in the login rewards. But apathy is not an argument.

~~

This is a good idea, I think... maybe not a perfect one, but better thought-out than any of the other proposals I've seen for login rewards. I can see some paralysis resulting from the decision, considering at day 100 you won't have any idea how these weapons work. Anyone who's done research will probably pick Zenistar first, and I can see the argument that that's a lot of power for someone that early to have.

So what about breaking the login rewards into groups of three? At 100, 200 and 300 days, you can choose one of the rewards in Set #1. At 400, 500, and 600 days, you can choose a reward from Set #2. This helps space out the power gap for the first 200 days, but still lets the player feel like they chose something cool. I thought about having it alternate sets, but as time goes on, that would get weird because they're released over time... You'd have a situation where Set #1 was available for you at day 300, but for a newer player Set #3 was available at day 300. Lots of potential for confusion, better if it's the same pattern everyone.

13 hours ago, peterc3 said:

How is this a compromise?

8 hours ago, KX297 said:

A compromise is a meeting in the middle of two opposing ideas.... This just reads as the players getting exactly what they want and nothing of what DE wants is considered.

12 hours ago, xXDeadsinxX said:

That’s not really a comprise now is it? Just login and you will get rewards, not that hard to login.

No. Most of these players want to be able to buy the weapons outright with plat, or have another easy way to get it. For example (I've seen a lot of people suggesting this) tying the 'sundial weapons' to Mastery ranks, which in this day and age is far too easy to get. DE wants players to invest time and return to the game, and that's what the model I suggested accomplishes. You still need to log in to get the rewards, it's just easier to get the ones you want.

8 hours ago, peterc3 said:

There is now no reason for me to log in.

Sure, if you don't include the main reason: You got the weapon you wanted, so now you're going to invest time/forma into it and have fun in the game.

I didn't quit playing the game when I hit day 300 and got my Zenistar. And when I get bored with the Zenistar? I wouldn't quit the game, I'd move onto another weapon and keep playing. It sounds like your argument is that the login rewards are the only reason people play the game, even if that's not what you're meaning to say.

8 hours ago, (Xbox One)Nittymaster said:

Dear OP get in line and wait like everyone did and does

19 hours ago, (PS4)NicolaiBM said:

I think people need to stop crying about things to look for ways to add shortcuts.

On 10/31/2017 at 3:48 AM, KenthNisshoku said:

or log in normally everyday...

hell if other people did it so can you

I'm at around day 600; I have had, and have no problem with waiting. What I did was make a suggestion.

Who's crying?

8 hours ago, CephalonNiksyn said:

it's like a show of loyalty and dedication to the game. It's not the primary goal of the game,

Actually I'm inclined to believe that the primary goals of the game are to: 1. Get all the items in the game. And 2. Have fun.

As for something to show loyalty with, I already said that the cosmetic aspects (Sigils and Glyphs) would stay the same. Did you read my first post in it's entirety?

On 10/31/2017 at 6:43 PM, KenthNisshoku said:

several MMOs have these login rewards system and no one is complaining

What popular MMO that you can name requires a person to play their game for 2 years to get an item?

On 10/31/2017 at 6:43 PM, KenthNisshoku said:

plus I doubt you people would even use these

I barely see anyone using any of the milestone weapons

Zenith and Zenistar are pretty popular. I actually use the Zenith as my main primary, mind you.

3 hours ago, Mk_1 said:

Actually I'm inclined to believe that the primary goals of the game are to: 1. Get all the items in the game. And 2. Have fun.

I'll give the "Have fun" point, because it's true af.  But... Get all items? I don't think somebody will work their &#! off just to get some stuff they won't even use anymore. I personally have somewhere around 100 weapons in total that I like, and that I personally enjoy playing with. Actually, I'm not that hyped to get Sigma and Octantis, cuz I'm at day 543 only ._.

Anyway... How should I say it... The login day rewards are, not exactly worth playing for, should I say? I mean, it's not like Zenith is the best rifle in the game: It's ONE of them, but not the best. I'd prefer Soma or Tenora;  Zenistar - heavy blade, definitely loses to Galatine Prime in terms of sheer brute force and DPS. I'll give you what, Zenistar has that cool disc gimmick so yeah, I'd say those two are kinda on par here; Azima - I won't even talk, IMHO it's garbage; Sigma and Octantis... I doubt it'll be better than S&A Prime, but I can't say anything yet...

Sooo, minutes ago on Devstream #100, Scott and Steve talked about their plans to change the login reward system in response to threads like these. Hooray for feedback!

They're going to separate it into multiple tracks. Every 50 days, you can choose a new track to work down, and become locked into it for 50 days whereupon you can switch tracks if you want.

Like i said in 2 related other threads, I don't like the idea.  what will be next?  Arcanes drop like any common mod?  Is anyone seeing what I'm seeing?  Dumbing down the game bit by bit and becoming as casual as possible while the game was FINE.  I understand DE is handling business but the game needs other things to be touched instead of fixing what doesn't need to be fixed.  New players already have access to youtube content to build like pros with only plat as the limit.  Now you want me to accept anyone to get everything while i spent 4 years grinding everything.  Why don't they just give everyone a free slot after 40 minutes survivals then?  might as well just dumb the game down all the way and get it over with.

Edited by (PS4)fullblast35

2 hours ago, (PS4)fullblast35 said:

Like i said in 2 related other threads, I don't like the idea.  what will be next?  Arcanes drop like any common mod?  Is anyone seeing what I'm seeing?  Dumbing down the game bit by bit and becoming as casual as possible while the game was FINE.  I understand DE is handling business but the game needs other things to be touched instead of fixing what doesn't need to be fixed.  New players already have access to youtube content to build like pros with only plat as the limit.  Now you want me to accept anyone to get everything while i spent 4 years grinding everything.  Why don't they just give everyone a free slot after 40 minutes survivals then?  might as well just dumb the game down all the way and get it over with.

Talk about overreaction. You're comparing a slight adjustment to the login system to getting free arcanes and slots? Like, wow man. Take a step back and think about all this again. 

And this, as shown by the communities reaction, was something that needed to be fixed/addressed. 

All this does is actually give a lot of players a reason to care about the login rewards. Choice almost always makes a game better, and I can see this only making the future of the game more interesting. This is for sure not a bad thing.

I don't get your comparisons either. How is this dumbing down the game in any form? Players are still required to login. The rewards are still the same, you still need to login, and you still can't just get them all immediately. It's just now players actually get to pick the weapon or item that helps them the most, which is neat. New players can grab, like, catalysts and stuff. I can grab the only weapon I want... and the sigils I guess. This really helps me, since the current system just bones me and ensures that I won't get the only item I really want despite the fact that I am both a veteran and what you would consider 'loyal'. 

Again, definitely a good thing. 

2 hours ago, (PS4)fullblast35 said:

Like i said in 2 related other threads, I don't like the idea.

You are allowed to not like the idea. That is fine. Have you already got all the stuff possible from login rewards?

Yes, nearly? Then why do you care that new players have it easier?

When Oxium came out, I had to farm bundles of 1 to get what I needed. Now it drops in bundles of 10 or so (DE, nerf please). That change benefits everyone, myself and others in the community beta tested Oxium, and the award system was found to need improvements. This is exactly the same as the login rewards, we beta tested them. The system was found not to be optimal, so they will change it.

Besides, DE had not even invented most of the login rewards when I started on this login system. How in the world could they have planned to allow me to pick what I got, when there was only two milestone items on the system? One was fancy and exciting because it needed 100 days of login to get. Everyone was on an equal footing. 

Delete your account, start from 0 days, see what it feels like to wait 700 days to unlock something. The system has to change. It is grossly unfair on new players. The old players that kept up suffer no detrimental effects. I am at one week off the sword and shield. Them changing the system is good. Just imagine, they have to give the people that have kept up some benefit from this system. What will it be? Wait and see.

3 hours ago, (PS4)fullblast35 said:

How can they be "dumbing down the game" by touching upon a reward system that doesn't interact with any segment of gameplay?

Edited by JuicyPop