Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

PSA: Twitch Drops Generic Achievement Campaign

[DE]Rebecca

Well I can understand that. I was hoping we'd get the last two days but it's been running awhile. Most people got what they wanted anyway. Thank you DE for an amazing event! I hope you do something like this again in the future. 

Only sad to see this event go cause I still never got Harka from it... but hey, gonna enjoy my 600+ latron BPs, 70+ forma BPs, tons of Orokin cells, enough fireworks to turn the Earth into a second sun, and enough Glyph Displays to build a house out of.  Thanks DE!

2 hours ago, CrazyBikerDude said:

Honestly hope this doesn't start up again. Going to leave my honest opinion here. It had it's glory bringing people into the twitch directory, but i believe it was for all the wrong reasons. Inflating view counts but for the wrong reasons. Great idea, executed poorly

You say that but for warframe itself it brought in a slew of new players myself included and I promptly got addicted and dropped $120 on the game in purchases... And I know I'm not the only one so I'm hoping it was a big win for them financially over all. 

2 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Tenno!

If you're still after the 2 Exclusive Twitch Drops campaigns, you're fine (the Totem + the Sigil).

If you're after the generic Achievement drops, we've had to end this campaign early. The toll it took on our database was not small. over 25% of our infrastructure at a given moment was going toward inbox distribution of drops. To make matters worse, people were using third party tools to re-open previously patched multi-view issues.

Thank you all for joining for the launch of this crazy ambitious drops campaign - more refined campaigns to come in the future.

Now time for me to open my hundreds of inbox messages :)

Cheers!

I hope those people got banned.

Was this the reason my game was running so slowly, even when I played solo? 'cause I did every possible fix I could think of, and it still wouldn't work.

I ended up uninstalling, simply because I couldn't do anything except fashion frame and daily rewards. If this was the reason why, I'll gladly reinstall.

2 hours ago, Aurea_Hiigara said:

Here's an idea for a campaign: Have it be something that you DO in the game, not that involves people with better internet connections getting more rewards than people with bad internet connections.

In short: Games are about playing, not about watching other people play - in out-of-focus tabs on your home computer while you're at work.

+1. I prefer playing than watching. Especially since my account got glitched at the start of the event, and none of the fixes, nor any amount of unlinking-relinking since then, let me get the teralyst sigil despite watching several streamers do the "survive the night" achievement since all fixes have been applied.

I'm basically locked out of a reward because it's tied to "watching" (on another platform than yours if i may add), instead of "doing", which means you can't verify i meet the conditions to receive it, and thus "are unable to apply it retro-actively".

Edited by blaes

5 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

If you're still after the 2 Exclusive Twitch Drops campaigns, you're fine (the Totem + the Sigil).

Except no one is doing the Sigil achievement...
I arrived late to the party, watched someone who was replaying the achievements.

He did Survive the Night, I just got a generic drop instead.

Please Reb give us one last chance to get the sigil. Maybe give to everyone who's watching Devstream/Prime Time?

The drop tables for this were too random and fireworks were given out way too easily. I understand wanting to celebrate the launch but if you were trying to get people into the game via this campaign you failed spectacularly people received HUNDREDS of fireworks that are completely useless. You boasted about there being some decent things in the drop tables and yet nobody got them. You should have revised the drop tables for this instead of let people get something totally useless whilst promoting there was stuff we could actually use in the drop tables. Yes fireworks are usable at least as an item however what they are for and what the game is about makes it make no sense to be there. I hope to Lotus it's not that bad for console players twitch event and that the rumor about PC getting nothing from that one is false. You let console get in on it for PC and that's not at all fair if it is the case; that alienates your players by a massive gap. Oh well this was fun while it lasted.

3 hours ago, Agentawesome said:

This event was pretty bad in terms of how it was so easily game-able. Perhaps next time, drops should be tied to breaking Kuva Siphons, opening Relics or completing bounties. The achievement hunting event was pretty bad as people simply made new accounts, and it didn't frame the game in a good light either.

Hopefully improvements will be made for future events like these!

(Also next time maybe auto-delete the messages in like, 2 minutes after opening? Perhaps it's a good time to PURGE all that mail)

I think your perspective is off. This event showed the game in the light it should be showed in. It's about the grind. The constant grind to get gear, loot and achievements. (personal or in-game)

If anything this event brought more attention to the game than it would of ever recieved normally. Ask any streamer what it's like streaming Warframe you get a 100th of the viewership, that this brought. This should be a constant thing. If the servers got overloaded it's time to spend some revenue on more or larger servers. I can't fathom the notion of a company which runs on an ever increasing then stablizing player base going 'whoa we're getting too popular time to pull the plug on this influx of potential customers.' That makes no logical sense. Not economically. Not functionally. If anything the accusations made that this was just a cash grab seem more accurate now. A portion of people who joined during the rush would leave. That is how it works. Instead they gave people more a reason to leave, this sets a bad precedent. This implies events will simply end whenever, even if a date was posted. The event was supposed to end at a time. (Fine.) They extended it, (Good) then canceled it early because.. server strain. (No bueno) ((Meanwhile Cetus still implodes becuase certain instances become over full while others have 2-3 players. The doors STILL take far too long to open. Plains enemy A.I. will literally chase you to the ends of earth because they saw you from 2 miles away.)) 

You are very right one thing tho, read messages need to just be auto deleted. I saw I had a message from original stalker the other day. It was sent just before second dream released. 

tldr;

The event as a whole was over in two days. I think they'd have been fine for two more days. Delete the read messages. 

9 minutes ago, gustavrsh said:

Except no one is doing the Sigil achievement...
I arrived late to the party, watched someone who was replaying the achievements.

He did Survive the Night, I just got a generic drop instead.

Please Reb give us one last chance to get the sigil. Maybe give to everyone who's watching Devstream/Prime Time?

That's honestly the smartest way they're going to be able to do it at this point though I doubt they'll actually do it that way.

16 minutes ago, Mirathyl said:

The drop tables for this were too random and fireworks were given out way too easily. I understand wanting to celebrate the launch but if you were trying to get people into the game via this campaign you failed spectacularly people received HUNDREDS of fireworks that are completely useless. You boasted about there being some decent things in the drop tables and yet nobody got them. You should have revised the drop tables for this instead of let people get something totally useless whilst promoting there was stuff we could actually use in the drop tables. Yes fireworks are usable at least as an item however what they are for and what the game is about makes it make no sense to be there. I hope to Lotus it's not that bad for console players twitch event and that the rumor about PC getting nothing from that one is false. You let console get in on it for PC and that's not at all fair if it is the case; that alienates your players by a massive gap. Oh well this was fun while it lasted.

I got 70+ nitain extract, 60+ forma blueprint, something like 20 of each ayatan stars, hundreds of latron BP (lots of credits), 3 or 4 wyrm sentinels, several smoke color palettes, and 3 harka frost skins.  On PC.

Drop tables were perfectly fine.

4 hours ago, (Xbox One)ArgonSix said:

The one thing tho.... im on console. i tried not to watch because i wanted some of the surprise elemet out it. I want to support some of my fav streamers as much as i could too. I also did not want to miss out on rewards. I sometimes had to do chat only but man chat only stinks. The gap for this is update is rough

@[DE]Rebecca

Yeah, a bit rough on console players avoiding spoilers. Wonder if some kind of If the console guys don't get a twitch campaign, is there anything that could be done to give them their own perks?

As far as more twitch campaigns go, doesn't bother me. Hopefully the worst of the exploits can be patched over.

Welp, hope round two is easier on you guys and you refine the drop table to have a more....... ah, how do you say...........  palatable population.  Fireworks are cute and all, but once you get to firework #300, it gets a bit old.  Just my two cents, keep on keepin' on guys.