Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

PSA: Twitch Drops Generic Achievement Campaign

[DE]Rebecca

I got my lifetime supply of nitain; i'm happy. It was a stupid promotion anyway. Giving away items for having multitwitch prevent afking, streaming a muted 160p stream doesn't deserve rewards. 

Edited by _Connor

7 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Tenno!

If you're still after the 2 Exclusive Twitch Drops campaigns, you're fine (the Totem + the Sigil).

If you're after the generic Achievement drops, we've had to end this campaign early. The toll it took on our database was not small. over 25% of our infrastructure at a given moment was going toward inbox distribution of drops. To make matters worse, people were using third party tools to re-open previously patched multi-view issues.

Thank you all for joining for the launch of this crazy ambitious drops campaign - more refined campaigns to come in the future.

Now time for me to open my hundreds of inbox messages :)

Cheers!

Seems to me like you guys ( Digital Extremes as an entity) REALLY fouled up this thing. Between ignoring the potential server-load that Plains of Eidolon would have (even with such numbers like BLIZZARD has produced with it's expansions being publicized over the years) even after doing a FANTASTIC marketing campaign. Then with this it would seem to me your algorithm for distributing rewards was way off. I've seen inventories with over 40 Vectis Prime drops while I myself received t least seventeen smoke colors palettes (of which of course, you can only actually have one.)

So, to say D.E. was unprepared for this isn't too far off. Overall, D.E. did a great job - but you messed up and it seems are taking it out on the people.

While you made it impossible to trade the Vectis Prime drops (or so i hear) which was a grea foresight..... you just weren't ready. Add on to this that you obviously don't care for your playerbase enough to target the toxicity within it - for example the amount of people who routine tell people to kys ( stands for kill yourself) and other such acidic language... and oh, lets not forget an active report/kick feature for squads...

Honestly this kind fo let down is why I took a  vacation from you guys back in 2015. I ONLY came back to spend time with friends.

So what, pray tell, are the people of Digital Extremes going to do to solve this, prevent it from happening again and use as a balm to soothe the injury they caused to their playerbase?  NO, we do NOT want warframe to crash. WE DO however expect a certain level of quality and while we DO understand that people will always find ways to exploit what devs do (because honestly, we all know there is a certain satisfaction in beating the system) - we also understand that there needs to be certain meaure taken against these people with an I.P. ban being the preferred end-all solution. We want Honesty, Integrity, Efficiency, Transparency, and somethign we can work with. Not something to lose out on.

Keep this in mind the next time you (Digital Extremes) does another event, especially since I hear you're doing another this month.

Now, about the three days of event a lot of people missed out on - there needs to be something given to them to make up for the early end - not becuse any drop is guaranteed, but because you ended the possibility.

Your Move Digital Extremes.

Sincerely,
  Sylinus

Loved the event, got some great loot and discovered a lot of great streamers. *Spent more on subbing to them than the actual worth of the items I got from watching lol

H21oWTcoTFKsIp6gCg1alA.png

OPuRpLqWRvm7dSlp49PdJA.png

0lzcuv4aQoOB0Ku2hE9KyQ.png

6H1qhPkqR-aO5VPMhYBoOQ.png7cY372wRQdaoP_JotmLyWQ.png

Also had over 400 latron blueprints I sold for 1.7m credit. I hope we have another event like this soon!

Edited by iDeath91

8 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Tenno!

If you're still after the 2 Exclusive Twitch Drops campaigns, you're fine (the Totem + the Sigil).

If you're after the generic Achievement drops, we've had to end this campaign early. The toll it took on our database was not small. over 25% of our infrastructure at a given moment was going toward inbox distribution of drops. To make matters worse, people were using third party tools to re-open previously patched multi-view issues.

Thank you all for joining for the launch of this crazy ambitious drops campaign - more refined campaigns to come in the future.

Now time for me to open my hundreds of inbox messages :)

Cheers!

But... But My Latron BP's!!!!!!

4 hours ago, Joeinsidious said:

-snip-

We could argue that doing Kuva Siphons, Relics, Bounties etc is far more entertaining than just spamming new accounts. Both are grindy chores but at least one shows more of the game. 

Now for me to go through and delete all my repeat Teshin messages, because I was a fool who didn't delete them as I read them and now I have to be selective with what I delete...

(I like keeping all my non-spam messages for posterity so I won't just hit "delete all")

Edited by Maugre

I got into this game after Twitch Prime promotions. I had Warframe ignored in Steam for reasons I don't even remember.

Loot drop promo introduced me to a lot of great streamers. Speed runs gave spoiler free experience and streamers who did those had still time to answer questions in chat. Lets be honest, Warframe endgame is not very entertaining to watch compared to top games in Twitch.

Great promo. Lots of exposure and new players for what? 25% more server load than anticipated? Seems like  a success to me.

6 minutes ago, Encerche said:

I got into this game after Twitch Prime promotions. I had Warframe ignored in Steam for reasons I don't even remember.

Loot drop promo introduced me to a lot of great streamers. Speed runs gave spoiler free experience and streamers who did those had still time to answer questions in chat. Lets be honest, Warframe endgame is not very entertaining to watch compared to top games in Twitch.

Great promo. Lots of exposure and new players for what? 25% more server load than anticipated? Seems like  a success to me.

Let's be honest, the real reason is because people were cheating the system by grinding out a million loot rewards, and cheating it more by using third-party sites to get around the one-stream and no-afk things. The server load (still noticeable... not just a few server errors recently) has got to be just the "main" reason for shutting it down. Honestly though, even if it really was shut down just for the server errors, it's for the best. Less abuse of the system, and fewer streamers gaining popularity for abusing the system. Not to mention it's incredibly tempting to join in when you hear the promise of cool skins or free weapons just by setting a few dozen streams in the background overnight.

2000-ish drops and no vectis, 1 harka, 3 smoke color palettes, 7 wyrms, 400-ish latrons, 100-ish other items and all the rest fireworks... 

even though it was a fun event and I started following LoK because of his chillness and probably wouldn't have known him because of the event, I gotta say for some people the drop rate was horrible, in comparisation to others... 

32 minutes ago, dlur said:

2000-ish drops and no vectis, 1 harka, 3 smoke color palettes, 7 wyrms, 400-ish latrons, 100-ish other items and all the rest fireworks... 

even though it was a fun event and I started following LoK because of his chillness and probably wouldn't have known him because of the event, I gotta say for some people the drop rate was horrible, in comparisation to others... 

I purely got latron bps and starbursts.

34 minutes ago, dlur said:

I got a harka and three vectis primes... I already owned both. If only I could trade them, I would.

I am so happy I got the Frost Harka skin and a Vectis Prime during the last day of the campaign! I look rich af now, and the Vectis is a beast! No smoke colors though, that would have been too perfect.

Coming home from work to 100+ gifts was like christmas, every day ^^

Edited by Kaffeebohnson

1 hour ago, Kaffeebohnson said:

I am so happy I got the Frost Harka skin and a Vectis Prime during the last day of the campaign! I look rich af now, and the Vectis is a beast! No smoke colors though, that would have been too perfect.

Coming home from work to 100+ gifts was like christmas, every day ^^

Enjoy it whilst it lasted. They are onto us now!