Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nova Prime Balanced Build

natsukireiz

Question

Hey guys

Ok basically, im after a build for Nova that is fairly well balanced, but from research it seems you either go speed nova or Slowva and sacrifice something, Note that i do alot of akkad farming and Hydron with my friends.

I also mostly use the weapons Mutalist Cernos, Torid, and Lenz. 

So im after a build in which her 4 can cover a wide area, and slow the mobs in defense whilst also having her 1 actually do a decent amount of Damage to anything that comes close, i like doing alot of AoE damage to things around me

20 answers to this question

This is what i use for nova - its my nova nuker build (SUPERNOVA)

unknown.png

Strength is how much it slows 

Duration is the distance MP expands outwards

Range is the AoE of the detonation of MP allowing for more chain reaction

I sometimes swap out rush for Power Drift.

unknown.png

But the first build is probably better all rounder for what you want - like me :) i like watching things go boom :) 

I couple this with Amprex with combustion beam etc it makes a mess of crowded rooms

Hope this helps you :) 

Edited by SilverRook

if you want an more balanced one, you can use Energy Conversion as neutral-slow (100% and this mod)

without energy globe: enemies 30% slow

with energy globe: enemies 75% slow

or speed-neutral with Overextended (40-50% and this mod):

without globe: enemies 30-20% faster

with globe: enemies 20-30% slower

and other things, like Augur Message (duration), Primed Continuity, Stretch, Vitality/Redirection, Constitution, Streamline, Energy Conversion, an mod of your choice and exilus of your choice (but Speed Drift is good here)

which gives:

145% power range

130% power efficiency

100-150% power strenght

207% power duration

and one free mod slot (which can be Overextended or other mod of your choice)

you can use Growing Power too, but its hard control boths factors (status and energy globe)

Edited by Zeyez
like this topic, everything in the world can be changed, it just needs the right words... and the left ones too

11 minutes ago, (Xbox One)ultimategamerjr said:

I would say to just focus on nova's fourth ability. Her first ability isn't all that good. Just put on 145% power strength (for slova) and as much duration as you can, or an overextended (for speed nova). Duration equals range with nova's fourth ability.

Do you not use AntiMatter Drop then ? its one of my most favourite heavy hitting abilities for crowded areas.... 150k+ damage when charged with opticor ;) 

currently i have 12 null stars orbiting me which helps with the damage reduction but its pretty useless for actually stopping enemies.

I'd like to an augment for her that stacks the orbs into a singularity and fire that towards the enemies

2 minutes ago, SilverRook said:

Do you not use AntiMatter Drop then ? its one of my most favourite heavy hitting abilities for crowded areas.... 150k+ damage when charged with opticor ;) 

currently i have 12 null stars orbiting me which helps with the damage reduction but its pretty useless for actually stopping enemies.

I'd like to an augment for her that stacks the orbs into a singularity and fire that towards the enemies

On occasion, but it seemed to me that he was asking for the build rather than the abilities functions. antimatter drop doesn't need any specific build. Just put it out and shoot it lol.

There's not many build for Nova other than Max duration.

Range barely affects anything
Efficiency is... well it's okay I guess, but it'll always be manageable unless you spam every single power after a millisecond of cooldown.
Duration is mandatory for her 2nd-3rd and 4th
Strength is good, but 100% strength already cleans off any map in the game, so be it 130-145-200 or whatever strength you want to have it won't really affect how you play Nova anyhow since it'll always have the same result :
-A million damage 2nd power
-A portal 3rd that goes from one place to another
-a giant AoE 4th that adds 4x on weapon damage, slow enemies and heavy damage explosion that'll connect either way.

Basically, shove max duration in there and then you have a bunch of other free mod slot in which you can put whatever you want.

2 minutes ago, (Xbox One)ultimategamerjr said:

On occasion, but it seemed to me that he was asking for the build rather than the abilities functions. antimatter drop doesn't need any specific build. Just put it out and shoot it lol.

1 minute ago, Epsik-kun said:

AMD doesn't care about strength.

ah ok didn't realise that about AMD - will correct my build for more duration then in that case.

I know he was asking for the build but your reply about only focusing on the fourth made it sound like AMD was useless. :) 

4 minutes ago, Epsik-kun said:

I'd like to see the source of this hot info, as it isn't how it works.

indeed, damage absorb is 1:1 and the multiplier that goes over it is not affected by power strength.

Power strength only changes the starting charge. (that is dreadfully low anyway compared to he cap)

12 minutes ago, Epsik-kun said:

I'd like to see the source of this hot info, as it isn't how it works.

*edit..

My bad - misunderstood.

the absorb multiplier being the damage charging as you shoot it i assume ? 

dLXcgqu.png

Edited by SilverRook

Just now, SilverRook said:

From what i am reading you are both wrong :S 

"Base damage" is that "200 damage" thing your AMD can deal when you use it and just leave it be. It's completely irrelevant in terms of the practical use of the skill. But, sure, getting 300 Power Strength will increase your AMD maximum damage from 200200 to 200600.

On 01/11/2017 at 13:10, SilverRook said:

This is what i use for nova - its my nova nuker build (SUPERNOVA)

unknown.png

Strength is how much it slows 

Duration is the distance MP expands outwards

Range is the AoE of the detonation of MP allowing for more chain reaction

I sometimes swap out rush for Power Drift.

unknown.png

But the first build is probably better all rounder for what you want - like me :) i like watching things go boom :) 

I couple this with Amprex with combustion beam etc it makes a mess of crowded rooms

Hope this helps you :) 

Hi guys, fairly new in the game (MR7). I have Nova for about a week now (not the prime) and I am really enjoying it a lot.

Have a couple of questions for you about her.

1. What is the difference of making a slow or fast Nova? I know it refers to the speed debuff of MP, but what are the advantages of one over the other?

2. I am way off of having mods like Power Drift, Overextended, Narrow Minded. Never been to the Derelict yet, just having unlock Uranus. Apart from Intensify, Continuity, Constitution, Stretch and Flow, which basic mods can I put on Nova?

3. I find Nova to be a little squishy, should I put Vitality or Redirection on her?

4. I don't really understand how her 2 works with a weapon like the Opticor. You cast it and then you shoot the orb with the Opticor, is that it? Can I do the same with a weapon such as the Amprex (On a side question, how do you make a combustion beam with the Amprex?)?

Since I really enjoy her 4, the first build should be my main goal.

Thanks in advance for the advices.

1 hour ago, DaaX.QC said:

Hi guys, fairly new in the game (MR7). I have Nova for about a week now (not the prime) and I am really enjoying it a lot.

Have a couple of questions for you about her.

1. What is the difference of making a slow or fast Nova? I know it refers to the speed debuff of MP, but what are the advantages of one over the other?
Its indeed for the slow on her 4. It scales 1:1 with power strength and thats unique in warframe (started as a bug). Start value is 30% slow. Slow maxes out at 75% so getting 45% power strength results in a 30 +45 = 75% slow. Negative however is special, thats a 30 - 60 = -30% slow resulting in a 30% speedup for the enemy.

Why use either? Slow is more general use and is mainly what Nova's will build towards in one way or another. Speed is best for more coordinated defense missions where faster enemies will result in faster waves.

2. I am way off of having mods like Power Drift, Overextended, Narrow Minded. Never been to the Derelict yet, just having unlock Uranus. Apart from Intensify, Continuity, Constitution, Stretch and Flow, which basic mods can I put on Nova?
All of those can fit really. Get some duration and efficiency mostly. Get that flow and intensify in there. Nova is pretty easy to do basic builds for.

3. I find Nova to be a little squishy, should I put Vitality or Redirection on her?
Vitality is the better choice overall. But it kind of depends on if you have a way to restore health. 

4. I don't really understand how her 2 works with a weapon like the Opticor. You cast it and then you shoot the orb with the Opticor, is that it? Can I do the same with a weapon such as the Amprex (On a side question, how do you make a combustion beam with the Amprex?)?
Yup, no crits though. they dont work on the orb.

Since I really enjoy her 4, the first build should be my main goal.

Thanks in advance for the advices.

Added commentary to the quote in red.

On 11/1/2017 at 12:55 PM, Epsik-kun said:

Base damage" is that "200 damage" thing your AMD can deal when you use it and just leave it be. It's completely irrelevant in terms of the practical use of the skill. But, sure, getting 300 Power Strength will increase your AMD maximum damage from 200200 to 200600.

I love how blatant that is in context!  

I mean, not that I see max a lot when things are frantic, but I'm not playing the game right if that extra 400 is what put me over the top, right?

2 hours ago, DaaX.QC said:

I'm NOT a Nova expert like some of these other guys, but don't forget to keep her 1 up!  You can get some pretty solid damage reduction there...I've been exploring her recently and between that and Health Conversion she's no slouch! 

I mean, I wouldn't go on a juggernaut punching spree with her or anything, but she can be pretty solid until you hit the point where you'd probably want a group working together.

32 minutes ago, DaaX.QC said:

to fully exploit AMD and MP, wich weapon should I use? Hek is a good choice? What about Ferrox? Astilla?

As a weird coincidence I've been running around with a Ferrox as my primary (not for the primary fire though, extended status and radiation procs to suck all the bad guys into a ball to make them fight.  Gas works too but isn't as funny.)

Honestly, I had a heck of a time making that work  Gammacor and Opticor both are pretty good.

Then out of curiosity I tried the Arca Plasmor since nobody had mentioned it yet...and it was a VERY pleasant surprise.  

Vets, could somebody make sure I'm not off track there?  The Plasmor seems to be a crazy good fit and it's really hard to miss the little balls with it.  

Edited by FreeWilliam

1 hour ago, DaaX.QC said:

Hi,

Thanks for the replies. As a side question : to fully exploit AMD and MP, wich weapon should I use? Hek is a good choice? What about Ferrox? Astilla?

Opticor - modded correctly you only need 2-3 shots to reach max charge - then you are free to fire off another AMD rinse repeat - although the first AMD should be sufficient to clear out most enemies.

arca plasmor is great also because of the amount of damage you can put into AMD so quickly with it.

as for what else you are supposed to do with AMD, think of it as a fly by wired / wire guided mini nuke. it goes where you look - looking/aiming directly at it - once its fully charge tho it will change colour and continue at normal speed.

a good use of nova is drop the strength to 40% raise the duration as high as you can get it - use arca plasmor and go to Hydro on sedna.

5 waves will go in not time at all as it speeds them all up so they come to you to get dead quicker :)