Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Do fishing solo!

Bouldershoulder

eh idk dude, most of the time for fishing i go solo mode, but i haven't done any eidolon hunting yet but one thing for sure i'd never do a random group and hope i got the right frame or they were hunting, maybe they are doing bounties or something, cause hoping they are hunting and not doing other stuff feels like a waste of time and if you go into chat barking "hey stop fishing/doing whatever and hunt this eidolon" when you joined them makes you come off as a bit of a jerk.

1 hour ago, Bouldershoulder said:

Eidolon hunt is meant to be a group affair, while fishing is strictly solo. Yet you want me to hunt eidolons solo, while you will be fishing in public? Nice logic.

Ember and Limbo comparison is a really far shot, btw.

Whatever.  If you can't take the time to use recruiting chat, you get what you get.  If you don't like it, you make the effort to fix it.  If you don't want to make an effort, no one else needs to make an effort to fix it for you.  Is that simple enough for you?

2 hours ago, EmberStar said:

Whatever.  If you can't take the time to use recruiting chat, you get what you get.  If you don't like it, you make the effort to fix it.  If you don't want to make an effort, no one else needs to make an effort to fix it for you.  Is that simple enough for you?

Have. A. Nice. Day. sir

4 hours ago, CerberusJack said:

eh idk dude, most of the time for fishing i go solo mode, but i haven't done any eidolon hunting yet but one thing for sure i'd never do a random group and hope i got the right frame or they were hunting, maybe they are doing bounties or something, cause hoping they are hunting and not doing other stuff feels like a waste of time and if you go into chat barking "hey stop fishing/doing whatever and hunt this eidolon" when you joined them makes you come off as a bit of a jerk.

I understand that people can do bounties. I particularly stated the issue as people fishing in public, thus unnecessarily diluting the chances for others to have a timely eidolon hunt. I don't expect them to have the "right" frames to kill an eidolon, I usually bring either Chroma or Trinity, and an Opticor, so the killing itself isn't an issue. So, fishing in public is exactly a waste of time, someone other's time. It's the same issue as players being afk in pubs, but we have a kind of working anti-afk system for those. Yet, we have nothing to stop players being semi-afk by fishing when someone has come to fight an eidolon. So I asked (politely, mind you, not barking in chat as you say) to be kind to other players and do solo content in solo mode. Is it so hard to understand? Do I really need to chew on all these arguments for people to digest them?

Edited by Bouldershoulder

On 06/11/2017 at 2:23 AM, Bouldershoulder said:

Dear players, since each has their own separate spawning of fish and minerals, there is really no reason to gather these resources in a public match. Especially when there is night on the plains. I kindly ask everyone still doing these activities in a public session to switch their matchmaking to private. It's hard enough to find a quick random squad to do a Teralyst hunt when 9 out of 10 missions join you to someone fishing.

If you want to hunt Teralysts, find a group in recruiting. People do w/e they want in public matching.

Edited by Eidolon_Slayer

If you want something specific, find a group for something specific.

If you're going to go into a random game, you're gonna get random results.

You cannot tell people to make your random results less random. I mean, you can, but you'd get no results and would sound rude.

TL;DR, You can't ask that. I'm gonna go lungfish fishing in public now.

Edited by VocalMagic

10 minutes ago, Bouldershoulder said:

Such a great community we have.. All is facade.

so you think we are not a good community when we refuse to change how we play to cater to your needs? Start by exhausting your options before asking others to change

3 hours ago, -AoN-CanoLathra- said:

How about the current bug that greatly reduces fish spawns for the Host, which also affects Solo games? That one is a good reason to go public.

Never encountered.

Edit:

Well, I think I know what you mean. Sometimes using a lure don't spawn the specific fish at all. But that's not a bug, this fish will spawn at some other nearby spot. These spots migrate and the fish along with them. Lured fish comes and goes first. On many occasions when I went to the most remote spawning spot from where I was (and it actually was the most fresh one), the instant I dropped a bait there have spawned 3-5 murkrays of all sizes and all at the same time.

Edited by Bouldershoulder

3 hours ago, Bouldershoulder said:

Such a great community we have.. All is facade.

Right.  Thank you for clarifying.  The whole world revolves around you, only you matter, everyone else needs to change whatever they are doing to make it more convenient for you.  Thank you for clearing that up.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm guilty of this, but in fairness I'm still new to the plains and the matchmaking is confusing. Why if I go into the plains alone (and go back to Cetus to dumb some stuff) do I get put in a pub when I head out again? I don't really feel like going back to the ship and having to reload twice just to do the right thing, as I don't get a whole lot of time to play myself. 

Edited by (PS4)Regiampiero

On 11/6/2017 at 2:23 AM, Bouldershoulder said:

Dear players, since each has their own separate spawning of fish and minerals, there is really no reason to gather these resources in a public match. Especially when there is night on the plains. I kindly ask everyone still doing these activities in a public session to switch their matchmaking to private. It's hard enough to find a quick random squad to do a Teralyst hunt when 9 out of 10 missions join you to someone fishing.

Real men solo, in fact i would go as far to say you cant be considered good unless you can solo decently.