Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Do fishing solo!

Bouldershoulder

Dear players, since each has their own separate spawning of fish and minerals, there is really no reason to gather these resources in a public match. Especially when there is night on the plains. I kindly ask everyone still doing these activities in a public session to switch their matchmaking to private. It's hard enough to find a quick random squad to do a Teralyst hunt when 9 out of 10 missions join you to someone fishing.

1 minute ago, Bouldershoulder said:

It's hard enough to find a quick random squad to do a Teralyst hunt when 9 out of 10 missions join you to someone fishing.

Some people play on Public with a sensible frame for Teralyst hunts. They fish while they wait. When people join, they do the fight.

I have done this. No one seemed to mind.

2 minutes ago, Bouldershoulder said:

I kindly ask everyone still doing these activities in a public session to switch their matchmaking to private

I mean, people could just run public. And you could just make a squad. Right?

Just now, Bouldershoulder said:

If matchmaking didn't have problems on plains, I would.

What are these problems?

I recruit for it, I can run a squad fairly easily. As in, run 4/5 Eidolons in a night with the same squad. 

Maybe you have a different issue. I do not know. But, I have no issues at all.

I would say to make tour own team because Public is too random of a chance, hek: I was Killing the Tera and got 2 others, onde stayed to help, the other ran off.

Its easier to just get a team... But I dont lile to host... Neither do a LOT of people it seems.

1 minute ago, krc473 said:

What are these problems?

I recruit for it, I can run a squad fairly easily. As in, run 4/5 Eidolons in a night with the same squad. 

Maybe you have a different issue. I do not know. But, I have no issues at all.

The issue is when a pre-made squad tries to enter the plains from Cetus. It simply does not start.

1 minute ago, Bouldershoulder said:

Because I come home from work at 10PM and have to wake up at 5:30. If there is night atm, I don't have time for recruiting

Is this not the exact reason why you would use recruiting?

You have very limited time. You want to hunt Eidolons. You know that running a pub game, you will get people fishing. So, obviously running a pub game is slower than recruiting.

I can get a full, sensible squad to run Eidolons for 50 minutes in 1 - 2 minutes.

Just jump into their water/fishing spot. Constantly. Over and Over. If they complain about some jerk on Nighttime Plains Public match jumping over and over into their spots and scaring the fish away on the Forums, they'll just get the reply back "...WHY are you Nighttime Fishing on a Public match?"

EDIT: Or, "So, just Fish Solo mode?"

Edited by Tangent-Valley

Just now, Bouldershoulder said:

The issue is when a pre-made squad tries to enter the plains from Cetus. It simply does not start.

... Do you want a really, really easy fix?

Get the host to run on private. Get the host to leave the squad in Cetus. Then, host transitions to the Plains.

Once in the Plains, host invites everyone again. 

It is not hard. Just a couple extra steps.

Yes, I would like to be put in the same instance as my squad every single time. But this just does not happen.

5 minutes ago, krc473 said:

Is this not the exact reason why you would use recruiting?

You have very limited time. You want to hunt Eidolons. You know that running a pub game, you will get people fishing. So, obviously running a pub game is slower than recruiting.

I can get a full, sensible squad to run Eidolons for 50 minutes in 1 - 2 minutes.

I may try it next time, but there's also an issue of a language barrier. English is my third language and, though I speak it fairly well, sometimes it's a bit difficult to rearrange my thoughts into a proper fashion. So it's easier for me to jump into a fight than to recruit people.

Edited by Bouldershoulder

1 minute ago, AlphaPHENIX said:

I apolagise for sometimes forgetting to switch my matchmaking. Have a nice day.

I don't really understand how people can do this. You know if you are going to go fishing, it shows you what matchmaking type you're on when you're on the starchart, in your escape menu, in just about any menu that pops up really. While the thread creator can simply leave the squad and go back to cetus to re-enter the plains,  I genuinely fail to understand how one can forget to swap their matchmaking when it shows you what it is so many times.

Create a standard message that you can copy-paste. Say that you are looking for a eidolon hunt, name the frames you can take with you or the role you wish to fill. and post that.

When I want to go hunting I usually start 10 minutes before night (thats when groups start to form who go full nights and you will have a squad in no time. as long as you do what you have to (know your role) you dont need to have coms or even chat. Say hi or something though, thats just bein nice.

Was part of a 3 French squad recently and I know nothing about that language, no problems. Still 5 eidolon kills (lures and all)

If you have a t2 prism amp though and you are on the lower MR scale, do note that. It will help a LOT in getting into a group at any point of the night

5 hours ago, Xaelroa said:

I don't really understand how people can do this. You know if you are going to go fishing, it shows you what matchmaking type you're on when you're on the starchart, in your escape menu, in just about any menu that pops up really. While the thread creator can simply leave the squad and go back to cetus to re-enter the plains,  I genuinely fail to understand how one can forget to swap their matchmaking when it shows you what it is so many times.

I sometimes go fishing straight from Cetus due to going there first for unrelated reasons.

8 hours ago, Bouldershoulder said:

Because I come home from work at 10PM and have to wake up at 5:30. If there is night atm, I don't have time for recruiting.

oh S#&$, everyone please change how you play for this guy!!!! he is so special that everyone should cater to his play style...

28 minutes ago, SqualZell said:

oh S#&$, everyone please change how you play for this guy!!!! he is so special that everyone should cater to his play style...

Wanna be a rude somehole?

What's wrong in fishing solo if all you're currently gonna do is fishing?

Is it so flapping hard to click twice to select the solo flapping mode? To not waste someones' time on joining their squad, then leaving, then joining someone else just to find them fishing too? Is that so flapping hard, I ask?

When I go fishing, or mineral farming, I ALWAYS! I repeat, ALWAYS do it solo, because I don't want distractions and I don't want to distract others.

Edited by Bouldershoulder

5 hours ago, AlphaPHENIX said:

I sometimes go fishing straight from Cetus due to going there first for unrelated reasons.

That still doesn't account that you were aware you were going fishing and had every opportunity to swap to solo before even getting the gates. Unless I'm specifically going to cetus with group content in mind I'm always set for solo when I load in, specifically for the purpose of "i might decide I want to fish/mine while I'm there"

13 minutes ago, Xaelroa said:

That still doesn't account that you were aware you were going fishing and had every opportunity to swap to solo before even getting the gates. Unless I'm specifically going to cetus with group content in mind I'm always set for solo when I load in, specifically for the purpose of "i might decide I want to fish/mine while I'm there"

Which part of ''forget'' didn't you get?

9 hours ago, Bouldershoulder said:

Wanna be a rude somehole?

What's wrong in fishing solo if all you're currently gonna do is fishing?

Is it so flapping hard to click twice to select the solo flapping mode? To not waste someones' time on joining their squad, then leaving, then joining someone else just to find them fishing too? Is that so flapping hard, I ask?

When I go fishing, or mineral farming, I ALWAYS! I repeat, ALWAYS do it solo, because I don't want distractions and I don't want to distract others.

it's not about going solo or not, the issue I have with you is you telling me what I can and can't do. You do not get to tell me how I spend my time.

If i want to spend my time wasting yours, and it's not against the EULA or the TOS, and the game mechanics allow it, I am in my full right to do so.

I don't cuz I don't bother with Plains anymore, but I am what you would call a somehole and a horrible person and as long as i follow the rules there is nothing you can do about it 

1 hour ago, SqualZell said:

it's not about going solo or not, the issue I have with you is you telling me what I can and can't do. You do not get to tell me how I spend my time.

If i want to spend my time wasting yours, and it's not against the EULA or the TOS, and the game mechanics allow it, I am in my full right to do so.

I don't cuz I don't bother with Plains anymore, but I am what you would call a somehole and a horrible person and as long as i follow the rules there is nothing you can do about it 

Fine. Have fun

19 hours ago, Bouldershoulder said:

Dear players, since each has their own separate spawning of fish and minerals, there is really no reason to gather these resources in a public match. Especially when there is night on the plains. I kindly ask everyone still doing these activities in a public session to switch their matchmaking to private. It's hard enough to find a quick random squad to do a Teralyst hunt when 9 out of 10 missions join you to someone fishing.

You have options here too, you know.  Same as when people complain about getting an Ember or Limbo in a public group.  Random matchmaking is random.  If it bothers you, set yourself to be NOT random, and your problem is solved.  If you can't be bothered to make an effort to join a group that only hunts Eidolons, I don't see how you can expect anyone else to bother to change what THEY are doing so it doesn't annoy you.

10 minutes ago, EmberStar said:

You have options here too, you know.  Same as when people complain about getting an Ember or Limbo in a public group.  Random matchmaking is random.  If it bothers you, set yourself to be NOT random, and your problem is solved.  If you can't be bothered to make an effort to join a group that only hunts Eidolons, I don't see how you can expect anyone else to bother to change what THEY are doing so it doesn't annoy you.

Eidolon hunt is meant to be a group affair, while fishing is strictly solo. Yet you want me to hunt eidolons solo, while you will be fishing in public? Nice logic.

Ember and Limbo comparison is a really far shot, btw.