Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Warframe Concept] Claw - Energy Arm Warframe + Extras

daemonstar

Hey guys, am back again with another warframe fan concept, last time I said Jenoss gonna be my last warframe concept but can't help but to get back into warframe to try Plains of Eidolon. So here is some new frame idea, I want to update Furion and Hennya but still doesn't have the right idea for them even after all this time. Sorry for the lack of quality, I've got other works to do but just had to rush these out in my free time. 

For the hunter faction, I feel the plains could use some wild animals or something so here's my idea.

Let me know what you guys think, and also I've added some extra stuffs. That's all for the time being

w3ihd318kyby1i1zg.jpg?size_id=a

6tmwkyyhg93ycjnzg.jpg?size_id=b

523e0zmb8nn60ivzg.jpg?size_id=b

38j59663o36pul8zg.jpg?size_id=b

Thanks for taking your time reading all this =D

Update:

30/11/2017 - Claw changed to infested frame, abilities tweak, added hunter faction

Edited by daemonstar
updates
  • Like 2

Grab/Throw would make you tankier than any other warframe in the game for a pittance. Can't really see any reason to throw an enemy when I'm functionally invulnerable while holding them. Is it a channeled ability or would it have a time limit (aside from the held enemy's health, of course)?

Orb seems like a neat-but-mostly-useless flavor power, and feels out of place in the overall kit.

Swift Storm looks like it'd be pretty, well, completely game breaking, tbh. Arca Plasmor, Zarr, Tigris Prime, Opticor, and several sniper rifles (burst fire Rubico anyone?) would all benefit hugely from it, while basically anything that relies on RoF over raw damage per shot would be pointless to equip.

Tranquil Mind is an odd name for the ability, also doesn't really feel thematically linked to the warframe overall. When you say "damage is based on the melee weapon" do you mean it picks up mods from the melee weapon in the same as other exalted melee weapons? 200% holster speed across the board is pretty neat, though this looks like the only exalted melee weapon that doesn't want you using it exclusively.

No comment for the AMP save it'd be neat if the blade had life leech in place of or along with energy replenishment, given our void form energy restores pretty reasonably quick as it is. Might make it too much of an obvious go to, though, especially when paired with Naramon for melee finishers.

3 minutes ago, TheGrimCorsair said:

Grab/Throw would make you tankier than any other warframe in the game for a pittance. Can't really see any reason to throw an enemy when I'm functionally invulnerable while holding them. Is it a channeled ability or would it have a time limit (aside from the held enemy's health, of course)?

Orb seems like a neat-but-mostly-useless flavor power, and feels out of place in the overall kit.

Swift Storm looks like it'd be pretty, well, completely game breaking, tbh. Arca Plasmor, Zarr, Tigris Prime, Opticor, and several sniper rifles (burst fire Rubico anyone?) would all benefit hugely from it, while basically anything that relies on RoF over raw damage per shot would be pointless to equip.

Tranquil Mind is an odd name for the ability, also doesn't really feel thematically linked to the warframe overall. When you say "damage is based on the melee weapon" do you mean it picks up mods from the melee weapon in the same as other exalted melee weapons? 200% holster speed across the board is pretty neat, though this looks like the only exalted melee weapon that doesn't want you using it exclusively.

No comment for the AMP save it'd be neat if the blade had life leech in place of or along with energy replenishment, given our void form energy restores pretty reasonably quick as it is. Might make it too much of an obvious go to, though, especially when paired with Naramon for melee finishers.

hmm. true also, maybe a time ability works better. maybe can only hold onto one enemy for a few seconds, affected by power duration or something, and maybe not invulnerable while holding, just it blocks some bullet when it's in the path of the bullet.

for the orb, how about the marked target also takes extra damage or decrease armor of it. Another idea, how about if there is a corpse, the orb can be cast on it, and you will have a zombie minion, last until duration ends or killed.

Swift storm is initially only for bows, and decided to change it for other weapons as well. maybe the fired shot depends on the weapon instead? high damage weapon gets two shot only, and high rate of fire weapons shoots out +200% fire rate burst shot. 

If you got a better name for it then be my guest, I'm not good with naming stuffs, for the damage thing, it's basically your weapon that you equipped, just with different effects and a longer reach, the weapon is infused with the energy arm. Also I want players to get the option to use their weapons too, maybe some sort of buff for weapons as well? +50% multishot buff

Lifeleech on the amp seems like a pretty good idea and the blade already had energy from kills.

1 hour ago, daemonstar said:

523e0zmb8nn60ivzg.jpg?size_id=b

Thanks for taking your time reading all this =D

Your whole concepts are great but this is what called most of my attention. <3

I would love a AMP that projects an Energy Blade, something like the Excalibur`s Exalted Blade but with much less range and more damage. Also, it would be great if it also automatically triggered a slash in front of the Tenno wile using Void Dash.

• Like 1

I like the general idea, but theres not much synergy between powers. Im also concerned that the 2nd power could lock people it staying in the orb mode all the time, necros style, and the 3rd power might be too hard to implement.

If you dont mind, ill ponder my own ideas just to show where my heads at.

First power is cool. Only change i'd make is if my suggestion for power 4 took place. In that case, up to 70% of damage is redirected to enemy.

Second power could fire an orb that would travel for a duration (duration) or until a second cast. Once stopped, it would scan enemies in an AoE (range), revealing them through walls. Revealed enemies could be grabbed but power 1 even through solid surfaces. The orb is undetectable. Should Claw have a grabbed enemy, that enemy is consumed on cast to increase the AoE of the scan. An augment could allow it to scan enemies using scan charges from the gear.

Third power could charge passively over time (higher duration shortens charge). When activated Claw and nearby allies (range) gain a short boost to weapon fire rates and attack speed, based on the charge % and (strength). Having a grabbed enemy increases charge rate.

NB- While im not opposed to the 4th ability, i'd prefer something with more synergy.

Forth power could sweep claws arm in a 200 degree arc in the facing direction, passing through all enemies in the arc length (range). Enemies hit are 'primed' (NB, works like novas ult, but could be called 'cursed') a primed enemy is blinded for the duration, and all damage taken is an automatic crit. Primed enemies who are grabbed redirect 100% damage, and give claw a 2 second invulnerability when the die in his claw. Primed enemies explode in a larger AoE and for more damage when thrown. Enemies revealed by power 2 take damage based on a % of their max HP on impact (power). Should Claw not have a grabbed enemy, he will grab the first applicable enemy hit by this ability.

Hopefully im not steeping on toes here, I just wanted to give suggestions on what i feel is a great theme.

Edited by chaotea

15 hours ago, TheGrimCorsair said:

There would need to be a benefit to throwing that outweighs carrying. I suggested maxing it at 70% damage re-direction, but maybe something to benefit the team, like a larger AoE knockdown. Or perhaps the Held enemy takes 300% of the re-directed damage, making them last less time.

It looks really nice!! Reminds me of my Concept Frame Vis even though the abilities are different... He was energy based and had a claw on one arm and a wrist gun on the other arm... But your concept is definitly the better one XD

Edit: i cant find the thread of my concept... maybe it got deleted...

Edited by Prunjinka

This looks AWESOME and very well done, I would love to have this in game. I think this is my new favorite warframe concept. I've been wanting a operator melee weapon and someone actually went and did it and with much thought. I hope there will a quest Idea for this frame too.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/9/2017 at 6:23 PM, chaotea said:

I like the general idea, but theres not much synergy between powers. Im also concerned that the 2nd power could lock people it staying in the orb mode all the time, necros style, and the 3rd power might be too hard to implement.

If you dont mind, ill ponder my own ideas just to show where my heads at.

First power is cool. Only change i'd make is if my suggestion for power 4 took place. In that case, up to 70% of damage is redirected to enemy.

Second power could fire an orb that would travel for a duration (duration) or until a second cast. Once stopped, it would scan enemies in an AoE (range), revealing them through walls. Revealed enemies could be grabbed but power 1 even through solid surfaces. The orb is undetectable. Should Claw have a grabbed enemy, that enemy is consumed on cast to increase the AoE of the scan. An augment could allow it to scan enemies using scan charges from the gear.

Third power could charge passively over time (higher duration shortens charge). When activated Claw and nearby allies (range) gain a short boost to weapon fire rates and attack speed, based on the charge % and (strength). Having a grabbed enemy increases charge rate.

NB- While im not opposed to the 4th ability, i'd prefer something with more synergy.

Forth power could sweep claws arm in a 200 degree arc in the facing direction, passing through all enemies in the arc length (range). Enemies hit are 'primed' (NB, works like novas ult, but could be called 'cursed') a primed enemy is blinded for the duration, and all damage taken is an automatic crit. Primed enemies who are grabbed redirect 100% damage, and give claw a 2 second invulnerability when the die in his claw. Primed enemies explode in a larger AoE and for more damage when thrown. Enemies revealed by power 2 take damage based on a % of their max HP on impact (power). Should Claw not have a grabbed enemy, he will grab the first applicable enemy hit by this ability.

Hopefully im not steeping on toes here, I just wanted to give suggestions on what i feel is a great theme.

awesome ideas and thanks for the suggestion, I have updated the abilities

On 11/8/2017 at 2:11 PM, daemonstar said:

hmm. true also, maybe a time ability works better. maybe can only hold onto one enemy for a few seconds, affected by power duration or something, and maybe not invulnerable while holding, just it blocks some bullet when it's in the path of the bullet.

for the orb, how about the marked target also takes extra damage or decrease armor of it. Another idea, how about if there is a corpse, the orb can be cast on it, and you will have a zombie minion, last until duration ends or killed.

Swift storm is initially only for bows, and decided to change it for other weapons as well. maybe the fired shot depends on the weapon instead? high damage weapon gets two shot only, and high rate of fire weapons shoots out +200% fire rate burst shot. 

If you got a better name for it then be my guest, I'm not good with naming stuffs, for the damage thing, it's basically your weapon that you equipped, just with different effects and a longer reach, the weapon is infused with the energy arm. Also I want players to get the option to use their weapons too, maybe some sort of buff for weapons as well? +50% multishot buff

Lifeleech on the amp seems like a pretty good idea and the blade already had energy from kills.

I kinda agree with your idea with the arm daemonstar. Having the ability to grab an enemy and use as a meat shield would be kinda cool and even useful. Although I don't think it should be duration based but rather energy based and triggered. Lets say you cast  1 and he grabs an enemy. He holds onto that enemy for as long as he has energy or until the enemy's health is depleted. It can also do slight damage over time to the " meat shield" as it's held whilst also taking damage from the enemy. The player can then decide to throw the enemy by pressing 1 once more. To make this worth something the held enemy can be thrown at others to cause a guaranteed knockdown. Also just so he isn't completely defenseless he can utilize his side arm ( secondary ) whilst holding the "meat shield" almost making him a " swat riot shielding" frame, the shield being a poor soul who just happen to be cherry picked. 

Another idea is to change his 2 and 3 abilities ( maybe 4 ) whilst he's holding onto someone.  Lets say he has a set of abilities while not holding onto any one. He would have what he already has, but upon using his 1 and he grabs someone 2,3,4 change into abilities that center around the exalted arm/claw Like making the 2 into a wreaking ball  where he swings his captive at enemies dealing damage and knockdowns of course at the expense if the captives health. 3 could be like the exalted claw/arm squeezing the held enemy literally squeezing energy or health to replenish his own. ( could be colored base like chroma. Warmer energy colors and black causing health drain and cold colors and white causing energy drain, gives a player choice  I suppose. Granted either provides survivability ) This ability of course would do damage to the captive and once it's health is depleted he throws them. The 4 I'm not sure but maybe just the exalted claw/arm just completely crushes providing an aoe health or energy restore to allies similar to Trinity's energy vampire but rather than being waves/pulses it is just 1 big singular pulse. 

I think this frame would be super unique if it had two different sets of abilities depending on whether its holding someone. 

Edited by (PS4)PowerArmorMeow

Oooooooo, I see we've both struck the same brainwave when it comes to hunting big game, albeit you in the wilds of Kazakhstan and me at the bottom of the Pacific!

Are you planning on expanding upon these animals as combatable units with their own codexes, or are you leaveing those two gargantuan critters just as ""placeholder"" examples?

Edited by Unus

18 hours ago, daemonstar said:

awesome ideas and thanks for the suggestion, I have updated the abilities

Nice job. Though im less sure that the infested atheistic fits as well, the changes to the overall design work well. I like the idea of setting up archers, grabbing enemies, and doing big damage. I would change the 1st ability to allow eximus grabbing, but let the eximus retain their aura while held.

The hunter stuff is a great idea for introducing more wildlife to the game. If they were based in the relay instead of cetus though you could expand the locations wild monsters would appear throughout the starmap, and make the a unified faction throughout all new open map areas.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 years later...

First off, Claw is in my top 5 Fav Warframe concepts. 👍

And if I may I have a few suggestions,

1 Grabbed enemies build/charge-up as they get damaged to do more damage when thrown, this would then synergies with Demon eye +100% more dmg along with grabs 300%.

2 I think Hunter skin should by default summon two archers, one to your left and one to your right.

and the archer squad augment should do just that summon four archers at once.

3 Archers should be able to synergize with Demon eye allowing them to target and shoot enemies threw walls briefly.

I also love the Amp blade concept. 👍