The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Tenno’s Greatest Trailer Contest

[DE]Megan

11 minutes ago, TheBosh said:

Personally, if i saw a trailer of a game, i would want to see some of its features but at the very least some game play. A trailer that is almost entirely cinematic does nothing for me, but again, that's my opinion.

Hide contents

I agree with you. Cinematics are cool because you can see the graphics but I always look for gameplay and judge whether its a game I want to play or not. Most games lie with their cinematic ads because the ad looks like a badass RPG but instead its ends up being a ripoff of candy crush.

I have two questions for anyone that knows the confirmed answers. (I am completely new to video editing and recording so any help would be appreciated.)

1. Is it allowed that i recorded my video with OBS Studio? I had a quick look and i think that it uses the same 'compression codec' as Fraps, whatever that means.

2. The end of my video https://youtu.be/Y2ubslY31hI?list=LL-p8ZMe7jKu8esOG-t3XpKA has a roughly 5 second section of no 'video' but sound. (This is partly because it fits in with the ending of the last proper clip of video, but also because i assume that the team, if using it, would use this to put in the Warframe logo.) Is this allowed? or do i have to change this?

Thanks

5 minutes ago, TheBosh said:

I have two questions for anyone that knows the confirmed answers. (I am completely new to video editing and recording so any help would be appreciated.)

1. Is it allowed that i recorded my video with OBS Studio? I had a quick look and i think that it uses the same 'compression codec' as Fraps, whatever that means.

2. The end of my video https://youtu.be/Y2ubslY31hI?list=LL-p8ZMe7jKu8esOG-t3XpKA has a roughly 5 second section of no 'video' but sound. (This is partly because it fits in with the ending of the last proper clip of video, but also because i assume that the team, if using it, would use this to put in the Warframe logo.) Is this allowed? or do i have to change this?

Thanks

1. I think whatever software you use is fine; Fraps was just a suggested software for those who were green to the field. I used Nvidia Shadowplay and still achieved the same thing.

2. The ending looked fine to me! Still had a very promo feel, so I'd have no worries

12 hours ago, mohawkade said:

@[DE]Megan This brings up some very valid questions, does all the footage need to be strictly in-game & in-engine, or can we supplement our entries with VFX, Color Correction, Sound Effects, Instrumental Cues to Transition between Warframe Soundtrack clips like hits and risers; not to mention for those 3D modelers and animators out there looking at this contest on whether they can animate and render custom shots to edit in their submissions?

mpM2h0F.gif

Also lets be honest, the games animation/partical/lightings are pretty great to begin with. MAYBE some additional flares here and there on the armor to give the scene more emphases may be AWESOME! And if you are to use the Color Captura scene then add some sfm. I would NOT use any landscape or scenes that are not from the game its self. Could be flagged 

12 hours ago, mohawkade said:

@[DE]Megan This brings up some very valid questions, does all the footage need to be strictly in-game & in-engine, or can we supplement our entries with VFX, Color Correction, Sound Effects, Instrumental Cues to Transition between Warframe Soundtrack clips like hits and risers; not to mention for those 3D modelers and animators out there looking at this contest on whether they can animate and render custom shots to edit in their submissions?

mpM2h0F.gif

I've asked the same question before, I doubt we're allowed to use Animation tool such as Maya for this contest.

First post describes options needed to use for this contest... so yeah (I guess) In-game  only.

Just now, Coverop said:

I've asked the same question before, I doubt we're allowed to use Animation tool such as Maya for this contest.

First post describes options needed to use for this contest... so yeah (I guess) In-game  only.

Well Its a contest of creativity in the end. You could probably use "IN GAME" clips and play around with it. Not to much to the point it loses its meaning.

37 minutes ago, NoirKane said:

1. I think whatever software you use is fine; Fraps was just a suggested software for those who were green to the field. I used Nvidia Shadowplay and still achieved the same thing.

2. The ending looked fine to me! Still had a very promo feel, so I'd have no worries

Thankyou! :)

17 hours ago, (PS4)StellarPotato said:

ahh shucks id def be down to give it awhile but as i play on ps4 and stuff. thats what i would recorded n which doesnt really give me too many options for editing.

i could upload to youtube but i dont really have a way to just have the raw file to send if needed.

Sharefactory might surprise you. I've made 2 ps4 gmvs using that app and while they aren't as good as a pcs options, it's still (I feel) a viable option.

4 hours ago, (PS4)Zelisius said:

Sharefactory might surprise you. I've made 2 ps4 gmvs using that app and while they aren't as good as a pcs options, it's still (I feel) a viable option.

hmm thanks ill look into it.

i suppose i can just pull the video from youtube for the raw file that i would to send if it gets to that point.