Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Braton Feedback

Yperkeimenos

Hi all, I've been using the Braton Prime for some time now , it's a nice all rounder and although it's not all that powerful ,especially in higher level content, it has a special rifle/machine gun feel to it that makes me really enjoy it. Since it's a beginners weapon, with a MR of 0, that's been around since forever, i understand that it's not meant to replace other more prestigious guns,like the soma, but i feel that perhaps it could use it's own syndicate mod, like the Burston. I believe It would help a lot in making it better.

EDIT 1 : Reading the comments it's obvious that one of the main problems is ammo capacity and ammo reserve, so a syndicate mod addressing these issues would be a nice addition along with a good syndicate proc.

Edited by Yperkeimenos

Braton Prime is better if built to take advantage of it's high Status but it tops out maybe around level 80 enemies.

No Riven just five Forma (iirc)

But a Syndi Mod would be nice,  I use mine quite a lot if I'm doing Starchart missions it has a nice feel and sound to it

Despite how average it feels, I wouldn't have any complaints about the Braton Prime, except for the fact that it has 375 reserve ammo. Seriously, why did they decide to give this thing 75 in the mag, but only allow 375 reserve ammo? Its damage doesn't even warrant the decreased ammo capacity, unless there's something special I've been missing for the last four years using this gun.

58 minutes ago, Rightygamer said:

Despite how average it feels, I wouldn't have any complaints about the Braton Prime, except for the fact that it has 375 reserve ammo. Seriously, why did they decide to give this thing 75 in the mag, but only allow 375 reserve ammo? Its damage doesn't even warrant the decreased ammo capacity, unless there's something special I've been missing for the last four years using this gun.

At the time it was done to balance it while compared to the Braton, but that was 4 years ago when balance actually meant something before  the Soma Prime rolled up. 

As for the Braton itself, it's my second most used weapon after the Latron Prime and still holds up on all of today's content, riven or not. I don't really have any complaints besides the ammo reserve. 

I love braton prime on my nekros when farming but it desperately needs more ammo in reserves - a lot more ammo. It'll help it top out on higher level content if you didn't go through your entire ammo reserves taking down 1 heavy and 3 regular enemies at 80+

23 hours ago, Sabreracer said:

Braton Prime is better if built to take advantage of it's high Status but it tops out maybe around level 80 enemies.

No Riven just five Forma (iirc)

But a Syndi Mod would be nice,  I use mine quite a lot if I'm doing Starchart missions it has a nice feel and sound to it

It's best as a status/base damage gun.  I've fought lvl80-90 enemies with it. It'll get the job done without too much hassle. I'm not sure I'd care to square off against lvl 150 enemies with it, but up to 100, it's good enough.

I have 7 forma each in two of them. They have different polarity distributions. The older one was built around base damage and RoF and I no longer use it for much of anything. The newer one is the status gun and it works quite well (you're essentially stripping armor and leveraging bleed proc damage). The keys are Primed Shred (free RoF upgrade), primed bane mods (these are very underappreciated), and Fanged Fusillade (more bias towards and bigger bleed procs).

You always bring a Carrier sentinel of some sort with Ammo Case. This is not optional with this gun.

I wouldn't complain about a syndicate mod, since there is one kinda open mod slot. I don't think it really needs one, though.

Edited by Sloan441
can't type

On 11/14/2017 at 2:15 PM, Rightygamer said:

I've had the same thought, and the best I can come up with is this; it's entirely down to magazine size vs. ammunition in reserve ratio.  I.e. the Soma Prime comes with 200 in the magazine and 5 full reloads in reserve.  Likewise, the Braton Prime comes with 75 in the mag and 5 full reloads in reserve.  Stupid?  Yes.  But it's the only thing that makes even a modicum of sense.

On 11/15/2017 at 1:41 AM, Yperkeimenos said:

EDIT 1 : Reading the comments it's obvious that one of the main problems is ammo capacity and ammo reserve, so a syndicate mod addressing these issues would be a nice addition along with a good syndicate proc.

Mag size is fine, what it needs is its Reserve flat out put back at the normal amount for that category of weapons not a mod "fixing" it

5 hours ago, AzureTerra said:

Mag size is fine, what it needs is its Reserve flat out put back at the normal amount for that category of weapons not a mod "fixing" it

Taking into consideration, how old the weapon is ,we can easily assume that if the devs were to increase ammo reserves they would have done so by now. So a syndicate mod 'fixing it' is better than no fix at all plus a syndicate proc will add some more versatility. By the way clip size is not fine,it needs to be increased at least to 90. That's my feedback on the weapon and how i see it.

Edited by Yperkeimenos

Given that it and the Vandal are the only "Assault Rifle" with a Reserve of less than 540, a mod is a band aid fix to just actually owning up to the fact that long ago someone made a silly judgement call. It would likely take less time to revert the numbers than to create a whole new mod. Mag size can easily be increased to 90 with a Mod already and of the people i play with most of them don't use that mod and are happy with 75 ~ the Karak now that's a gun that need a Magsize buff, the Wraith buff was a blessing for it.

Id love if they jacked up it's ammo count. Thing runs out of ammo in 2 1/2 seconds in any survival worth anything.  Hell, even in lower tier ones its out of ammo before 20m.  You can kinda straggle along with 20rounds here and there, but yeah, overall, its seriously let down by that ammo count.  75/540 at least would be something.