Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

???PRIMED STRETCH ??? Is it needed now?

(PSN)Lvl_Over_9000

I used to sorta think the same thing about range on the plains.  I move around slightly more now and it's back to the humdrum.  Equinox gets 100% of it's tankiness from enemies inside of a radius but I can still stand atop a tower without dying.

I guess you could say i'm indifferent about 'needing' primed stretch.  I'd use it if it existed but there isn't any need.  Ash has high effective health w/o powers and can be played stealth.  Trinity has blessing. 

While I would love primed stretch on my Nidus (the space is so damn cramped, especially with the new gladiator armor and hp mods)... I'D rather not have it on an ember , banshee, mirage, or anything else that already kills rooms in sub 50 before I get to do anything X) I wish the weaker set mods were exilus mods though. I'd gladly take 20-30% reach there instead of the 15 of Cunning Drift

Edited by ShikiRen

On 11/17/2017 at 2:21 AM, (PS4)Lvl_Over_9000 said:

What do you guys think ? Alot of my builds  have been struggling on the plains do to the lack of range  specifically ash. A lack of power strength for most frames is never a good thing  and overextended  doesnt satisfy as a fix  for frames struggling with the range out on the plains. Nekros  using  shield of shadows his soldiers quickly get away from him. Trinities link no longer  reaches  far enough leaving one of the squishiest frames  vulnerable to a 1 shot. I like the function of these frames and many others that require range and strength. But the power range limit  has most frames destroying there power strength in order to meet the requirements out on the Plains . Prior to the Poe update, range limit wasn't a big deal   only needed a minor amount of range  and didn't need to sacrifice any power strength to get the required amount. However  now that the plains of eidolon has pushed warframe power range to new limits will we get a primed stretch? Should we get a primed stretch? And if we do get primed stretch will it ultimately  break the the games  close ranged encounters on tilesets?

How the heck you get 1 shotted in the plains ?
Even at T5 bounties, most mobs are still level 40 to level 50 ish.
Only when you go further out it gets to level 60 over. 70 is the cap.

That is still far from 1 shotting unless you are playing a 225/225 Loki without Quick thinking and Pflow.

Edited by fatpig84

Just now, Eidolon_Slayer said:

I guess, like this debate between us. We'll agree to disagree.

I was just saying your thought on the idea of melee weapons having range, you saying you never understood why people thought it was good, was a rather.. Interesting point to bring up. it would completely ruin the idea of the Cerata, Mios, Glaive, Lecta, I could go on.

3 hours ago, xXDeadsinxX said:

We don’t need a primed stretch in the game.

Questionable.

From one side, I am all up for having more and more customization on top of what we have in order to play the game as we want.
From the other side the said customization should have a good point outside of "because".  I don't think Poe needs Primed Stretch (especially since majority of the mechanics are meant to punish the player that relies on one long ranged trick), but maybe the next big massive open area may deserve it.