Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So ... news about damage 3.0 ???

Wind_Blade

You remembered in 2016 the rumors about damage 3.0. Like removing the mandatory mods and the default integrated in the weapons etc ... to be able to really customized our weapons and not put mods obligatory that if you do not put down your weapon suck.

Is there any news about a rework damage system?

Edited by Wind_Blade

1 minute ago, Wind_Blade said:

I don't speak about this system in rumor ..... but a rework of the actual system ...

DE may rework the IPS + magnetic with status mechanic and call it a day damage 3.0

Obligatory mods, same as rivens, are ain't going nowhere.

Just now, Wind_Blade said:

Lol ..... now we wait forever the godly mod ....

PRIMED VACUM

That will be a day 1 max for me. Like Primed Regen.
Since I use Helios Prime ( scans for new content) and Carrier Prime (near endless run since free ammo mutation) exclusively.

They discussed it in the last Devstream a little. But they did say before that damage 2.0 probably wouldn't touch these 'mandatory mods', but would instead change the systems around them.

From my side, i dont see them as these 'mandatory mods' but more as the default method of increasing my power as the game progressed. And i certainly dont begrudge the mods being there, but i have been playing a long time, so i never feel like i loose mod slots.

I also feel that the idea that these mods are mandatory, is alittle over the top. Sure, i use damage and multishot i every build, but i also use Shield capacity and Energy cap in every warframe build, but there's not alot of clambering to get these built in.

Still, i can see what some people mean by it, but the more extreme views do seem to disregard the games design. Personally im more that happy for DE to take a good long time over this and do something that works well.

4 minutes ago, chaotea said:

They discussed it in the last Devstream a little. But they did say before that damage 2.0 probably wouldn't touch these 'mandatory mods', but would instead change the systems around them.

From my side, i dont see them as these 'mandatory mods' but more as the default method of increasing my power as the game progressed. And i certainly dont begrudge the mods being there, but i have been playing a long time, so i never feel like i loose mod slots.

I also feel that the idea that these mods are mandatory, is alittle over the top. Sure, i use damage and multishot i every build, but i also use Shield capacity and Energy cap in every warframe build, but there's not alot of clambering to get these built in.

Still, i can see what some people mean by it, but the more extreme views do seem to disregard the games design. Personally im more that happy for DE to take a good long time over this and do something that works well.

DE kinda shot themselves in the foot with Primed Point Blank and Primed Pressure Point. Those are base damage mods.
If they did damage 3.0 before adding them in, it would be a heck lot easier.

Removing them now by force is still going to piss a lot of people off, especially those who bought these.

4 minutes ago, fatpig84 said:

DE kinda shot themselves in the foot with Primed Point Blank and Primed Pressure Point. Those are base damage mods.
If they did damage 3.0 before adding them in, it would be a heck lot easier.

Removing them now by force is still going to piss a lot of people off, especially those who bought these.

I'd give mine up without a second glance for a more balanced game.

I mean, don't get me wrong. I use them now. But I'd do without if it made things better.

I would like a system where you could increase the damage of you weapons like how you increase the level of a mod, now picture this. Your in your arsenal you scroll down to your primary weapon and underneath the name is a bar made up of small balls just like the level of a mod, and the higher the level the more damage your primarys do and you can upgrade it like a mod or maybe you have to get some special materials or something but away you can do this for your primarys and secondarys and melee weapons alike and maybe have something similar to this for Shields, armour and health on Warframe's or something along those lines you get me? Or maybe just increase the damage of weapons as you level them up like how you get more Shields, health, armour and energy capacity when you level up Warframe's. 

Edited by (PS4)ScottishW00F

16 hours ago, fatpig84 said:

.... Primed Point Blank and Primed Pressure Point. Those are base damage mods.

DE said they wouldnt be removing base damage mods, or any mods. However they might re-scale them, removing some of the damage from the mods and adding it to the weapons. However they made it clear they wouldnt remove any mods.

5 hours ago, chaotea said:

DE said they wouldnt be removing base damage mods, or any mods. However they might re-scale them, removing some of the damage from the mods and adding it to the weapons. However they made it clear they wouldnt remove any mods.

Then it is no difference. Because if you want more damage, you will still keep multishot and Base damage mods.
It is either outright removal or balance the game differently.

18 hours ago, fatpig84 said:

Then it is no difference. Because if you want more damage, you will still keep multishot and Base damage mods.
It is either outright removal or balance the game differently.

Yep, they said they were more interested in changing enemies than changing mods.