Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How are people one-shotting the Eidolon Teralyst parts?

Kenero_Mari

Question

On 11/22/2017 at 4:38 PM, Kenero_Mari said:

So, I noticed when hunting teralyst, some people were one shotting the limb or 3-4 hitting it as soon as shields are down.

What wf and weapon/build they are using?  I would like to do it, so I can make eidolon fights easier.

Thanks!

So basically:

Most of the people are using the Chroma Warframe. Chroma's 3rd ability is called Vex Armor, which causes you to gain armor when shields are hit, and gain +dmg when health is hit. It's a really good ability. 

The key to building a good Vex Chroma build is one where you max power strength while leaving enough duration as well. That way, when you do get hit, your buff lasts longer. The thing about Vex Armor is that you have to get hit in the health for it to work, so you kinda have to play counterintuitively, meaning that if you want the buff, you have to go somewhere where you get hit really hard, but not die. 

Such a build requires 2-3 forma at least, but you can even get a good, albeit weaker Chroma build for zero forma. I didn't even forma my Chroma, and my 180% power strength Chroma + Arca Plasmor can 2 shot a lvl 100 auditor in the High Risk Index. If I did forma it, it'd be even more powerful. 

Usually, the Vex Armor build has the following essential mods:

Blind Rage

Transient Fortitude

Intensify

Continuity

Narrow Minded

Constitution (if you have room)

Quick Thinking/Vitality

Armored Agility/Steel Charge

*Do not put on redirection. I've even seen people putting extinguished dragon keys on to further reduce Chroma's base shields so that Vex Armor triggers more easily. 

As for guns, Vex Armor can really make anything OP. Usually these one-hit-kill Eidolon hunters take guns like Opticor and Tigris Prime and mod them for radiation/puncture dmg. Oftentimes, their guns are formaed too. So, a 250% power strength chroma will give around a 700% dmg increase (or something like that; I think the more dmg you take to health, the greater the buff is); a critical hit with a formaed Opticor will easily score around 50,000+ dmg. So you're doing like 250,000 dmg at least per shot, and it's probably more once you factor in all the armor ignore stuff and whatever math I did wrong. 

To sum it up, this dude illustrates just how much Vex Armor alone can buff a weapon. His build is ideal. 

Edited by UMBRANEMESIS

Since you spend most of your time as operator during this part, you'd want to pick up a throwing weapon with concealed explosives and then use them to blow yourself up. Self damage builds up Chroma's Vex Armor. This allows you to get max damage buff just before its shields drop.

I use tigris prime, but you can also run vectis (prime?) or opticor. You want radiation damage and cold, as both are strong against the Teralyst.

Edited by Pizzarugi

and some syndacate mod can make primary ability, like the one on frost, oberon, volt and saryn, buff the damage on a frame hit by it even more, so yeah not that weird a good and organized team can do it easy... pretty rare to see it on warframe tho

12 minutes ago, Kenero_Mari said:

All the damage buff is lost upon death?  Well.. fallen down before ally ress?

And thanks, i'll try that build out.

Yes, just like any other buff or power, unless you're revived, that is (before the power runs out). 

I would also add to not get your hopes up too much though. Along with Chroma Prime (probably next summer) will come the inevitable rework by DE, which could result in Chroma's Vex Armor being nerfed. IMO, Chroma is one of the most well-designed frames in the game, but there's word on the street that DE has other plans. ^^

As always, enjoy being OP while you can. 

Edited by UF-1215

Chroma, due to teralysts beein buggy and/or unbalanced af appearently.

Take any other damage buffer to the field and ANY buff, status or dbuff is beein completely ignored (tested with banshee, seeking shuriken ash and ember. Horrible runs.), chromas buff tho scales exponentially on them. 60 damage on shotgun pellets turns to 4k pellets on as much as a 200% buff. Have the buff maxed and you oneshot parts.

Enjoy that concept as long as it's possible to you. May be nerfed (or hopefully rebalanced) soon.

On 22/11/2017 at 10:07 PM, UF-1215 said:

So basically:

Most of the people are using the Chroma Warframe. Chroma's 2nd ability is called Vex Armor, which causes you to gain armor when shields are hit, and gain +dmg when health is hit. It's a really good ability. 

The key to building a good Vex Chroma build is one where you max power strength while leaving enough duration as well. That way, when you do get hit, your buff lasts longer. The thing about Vex Armor is that you have to get hit in the health for it to work, so you kinda have to play counterintuitively, meaning that if you want the buff, you have to go somewhere where you get hit really hard, but not die. 

Such a build requires 2-3 forma at least, but you can even get a good, albeit weaker Chroma build for zero forma. I didn't even forma my Chroma, and my 180% power strength Chroma + Arca Plasmor can 2 shot a lvl 100 auditor in the High Risk Index. If I did forma it, it'd be even more powerful. 

Usually, the Vex Armor build has the following essential mods:

Blind Rage

Transient Fortitude

Intensify

Continuity

Narrow Minded

Constitution (if you have room)

Quick Thinking/Vitality

Armored Agility/Steel Charge

*Do not put on redirection. I've even seen people putting extinguished dragon keys on to further reduce Chroma's base shields so that Vex Armor triggers more easily. 

As for guns, Vex Armor can really make anything OP. Usually these one-hit-kill Eidolon hunters take guns like Opticor and Tigris Prime and mod them for radiation/puncture dmg. Oftentimes, their guns are formaed too. So, a 250% power strength chroma will give around a 700% dmg increase (or something like that; I think the more dmg you take to health, the greater the buff is); a critical hit with a formaed Opticor will easily score around 50,000+ dmg. So you're doing like 250,000 dmg at least per shot, and it's probably more once you factor in all the armor ignore stuff and whatever math I did wrong. 

To sum it up, this dude illustrates just how much Vex Armor alone can buff a weapon. His build is ideal. 

50k a crit of opticor o.o .....more like 200-300 . With Chroma vex goes for millions .

Edited by Yagamilight123

On 11/23/2017 at 9:16 PM, (PS4)CoolD2108 said:

Chroma, due to teralysts beein buggy and/or unbalanced af appearently.

Take any other damage buffer to the field and ANY buff, status or dbuff is beein completely ignored (tested with banshee, seeking shuriken ash and ember. Horrible runs.), chromas buff tho scales exponentially on them. 60 damage on shotgun pellets turns to 4k pellets on as much as a 200% buff. Have the buff maxed and you oneshot parts.

Enjoy that concept as long as it's possible to you. May be nerfed (or hopefully rebalanced) soon.

The reaason most of those aren't working is because they are trying to debuff the teralyst. Since it has immunity those naturally dont work. The reason chroma works is because he is self buffing his own damage. Other powers that work are firing through Volt's shield and Octavia's amp.

vor 1 Stunde schrieb (Xbox One)Ubern00ber88:

The reaason most of those aren't working is because they are trying to debuff the teralyst. Since it has immunity those naturally dont work. The reason chroma works is because he is self buffing his own damage. Other powers that work are firing through Volt's shield and Octavia's amp.

The point where i call bug is the one where embers accelerant doesn't do crap tho. Tried that one too and like 60 damage turned to 68 on a like 200% str build. That's a 5x multiplier to fire damage, to at least 3/4 of the damage base on physical weapons on a appropiate build. Did nothing.

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Accelerant

Not a dbuff but straight buff so i'd assume they'll definitly do something about it. It's a strange concept to have one frame that can harm them anyways....

Edited by (PS4)CoolD2108

37 minutes ago, (PS4)CoolD2108 said:

The point where i call bug is the one where embers accelerant doesn't do crap tho. Tried that one too and like 60 damage turned to 68 on a like 200% str build. That's a 5x multiplier to fire damage, to at least 3/4 of the damage base on physical weapons on a appropiate build. Did nothing.

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Accelerant

Not a dbuff but straight buff so i'd assume they'll definitly do something about it. It's a strange concept to have one frame that can harm them anyways....

The problem with this is fire isn't effective againts the teralyst's health type so duh it wont add much damage with even a high multiplier. Try experimenting with Mesa's 1st with a decent weapon as that shpuld function similar to how vex armor is operating.

To say "just one frame is harming them" is just a false statement. In fact unless that Chroma brings a decent weapon then Vex Armor won't amount to much. I've seen people solo capture the teralyst with Oberon and I've come close on a goof run using Harrow and a Criticor.

It's only becaise of the giant health pool of the eidolon that people are finding out what some have known already. Chroma tanks hard and makes your qeapons hit like a Fomorian

vor 16 Stunden schrieb (Xbox One)Ubern00ber88:

The problem with this is fire isn't effective againts the teralyst's health type so duh it wont add much damage with even a high multiplier. Try experimenting with Mesa's 1st with a decent weapon as that shpuld function similar to how vex armor is operating.

To say "just one frame is harming them" is just a false statement. In fact unless that Chroma brings a decent weapon then Vex Armor won't amount to much. I've seen people solo capture the teralyst with Oberon and I've come close on a goof run using Harrow and a Criticor.

It's only becaise of the giant health pool of the eidolon that people are finding out what some have known already. Chroma tanks hard and makes your qeapons hit like a Fomorian

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Damage_2.0/Alloy_Armor

They use alloy if i'm not misstaken?

Alloy is actually not weak to fire, just not strong and there's like 4 mods that boost fire damage for primary shotguns after all, one which raises damage too for a totall of 290% fire +60%damage so there should be at least SOME effect on them. At least compared to my chroma who is able to 3shot those pests with as much as a 200% indicator using the same weapon just fine.

Edited by (PS4)CoolD2108

12 minutes ago, Fallen_Echo said:

Just a quick question but alternatively is there any other frame capatable of this?

Mesa, mirage, limbo or anybody?

Ember sort of. Can't one shot it but they jump up to head level, pop accelerant, then drop a couple of fire blasts. Takes a couple seconds longer but achieves the same thing. 

14 hours ago, Fallen_Echo said:

Just a quick question but alternatively is there any other frame capatable of this?

Mesa, mirage, limbo or anybody?

Harrow/Octavia/rhino. 

My Harrow with his 2 up can drop an eidolen part in around 10-12 seconds (compared to the insta kill of chroma)

octavia can offer a group wide 500-600% damage buff, again killing the part in about 5 or so seconds if everyone fires, but slightly more clunky as requires you to be stood in a small specific area, which screws up if you have to move at all.

rhino, offers a lower damage buff, but still a very strong buff, can drop a limb reasonably fast too.

chroma is just the fastest due to instant kill, no waiting, just one shot and poof.

On 11/26/2017 at 11:30 PM, (PS4)CoolD2108 said:

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Damage_2.0/Alloy_Armor

They use alloy if i'm not misstaken?

Alloy is actually not weak to fire, just not strong and there's like 4 mods that boost fire damage for primary shotguns after all, one which raises damage too for a totall of 290% fire +60%damage so there should be at least SOME effect on them. At least compared to my chroma who is able to 3shot those pests with as much as a 200% indicator using the same weapon just fine.

Alloy and Robotic. Also note where on the damage page alloy acts like the Warframe armor stat? Thats where the reduction is coming from.

There are currently 3 shotguns mods for fire (a 60, a 60, and a 90). Rivens notwithstanding I dont know where you get that extra 80%.

So while trying to get the proper formulas to show why chroma with the same gun is doing so much more I feel it pertinent to reexamine some key wording on accelerant.

Ember releases a wave of accelerant, briefly stunning all enemies within a radius of 8 / 12 / 15 / 20 meters. Against affected enemies, all inflicted  Heat damage will be multiplied by 150% / 175% / 200% / 250%

Now this bold part is key because this means it actually IS a debuff similar to the increased damage enemies under molecular prime take. So honestly without the augment for it accelerant isn't going to work on the teralyst and even then is adding inly a minimal amount at best.

Finally I leave with 2 notes about Vex Armor. The first being it ramps ALL damage from the weapon...not just the fire element so Ember falls short there. The 2nd is an exert from the wiki on the skill which states:  "Fury buffs added combo elemental damage twice and base combo elemental thrice".

Well OneShot .. if you survive of lot Aoe effect in range and break the insane shielding of the teralyst ...

its seems to be invul  with regular damage but affect by void shot .. so run near and hope to OS the teralyst .. its just a waste of  chain RIP ?

Teralyst move and move

You need to have  abilitie to use your operator outside for helping of killing.

you can  do something with less master's degree  too

some additional explain in this commented  Hunting Eidolon for the young Tenno

Edited by (PS4)Moonstars17