Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Thank you DEV's

leojst

This is a thank you to all  the dev's for all they have done for us and being the the most responsive team to  have ever worked on a game. they take our S#&$ all year long the least we could do is say thank you XD so please leave a comments telling the dev's thanks for what ever you want. and if you are mad at them for something hold off it's just one day so show your support.

1 minute ago, Kurokoz said:

Is this..outspoken positivity? I've heard rumors of people who go on the forums to actually say nice things about the devs but.. I never imagined it could be real.

lol they do take our feedback with a grain of salt so the least we can do is say something nice lmao

16 hours ago, leojst said:

This is a thank you to all  the dev's for all they have done for us and being the the most responsive team to  have ever worked on a game. they take our S#&$ all year long the least we could do is say thank you XD so please leave a comments telling the dev's thanks for what ever you want. and if you are mad at them for something hold off it's just one day so show your support.

Thanks for those moments when I get what im looking for

Like finding that prime part over a mountain of Forma

On 23.11.2017. at 8:33 AM, leojst said:

they take our S#&$ all year

Its called feedback which makes their game even better.Players dont wrap their story in some nice package.We give it to them straight as it is.

And about that Hema cost.... :)

On 23.11.2017 at 10:38 AM, Kurokoz said:

Is this..outspoken positivity? I've heard rumors of people who go on the forums to actually say nice things about the devs but.. I never imagined it could be real.

Positivity is useless. It helps nobody and makes people think that everything is alright. Forum is for problems. Not for positivity.

On 11/24/2017 at 9:07 PM, RistN said:

Its called feedback which makes their game even better.Players dont wrap their story in some nice package.We give it to them straight as it is.

And about that Hema cost.... :)

So yes and no some of us give real feed back. others give throw salt accumulated from watching a good player at work and yelling into the dev's ear you about lower standards. and yes players do "wrap their story in a nice package" as long as they think their is something in it for them. lets be honest other games devs are not as connected to their community as ours.

On 11/25/2017 at 2:05 AM, AperoBeltaTwo said:

Positivity is useless. It helps nobody and makes people think that everything is alright. Forum is for problems. Not for positivity.

it has its uses like more open and friendly communication. some one is more open to help some who gives them credit where it is due and and burn them when they leave a trail of gasoline. all im saying is we get a lot of hot fix's because the our dev's are aways working and they may not hit everything but they are trying. sometimes sleepless nights trying to improve the the game we play. so all i wanted was one day for people to show appreciation for the dev's and all their hard work. like god if you had the dev's for sky forge for a year then you would understand.

7 hours ago, leojst said:

it has its uses like more open and friendly communication. some one is more open to help some who gives them credit where it is due and and burn them when they leave a trail of gasoline. all im saying is we get a lot of hot fix's because the our dev's are aways working and they may not hit everything but they are trying. sometimes sleepless nights trying to improve the the game we play. so all i wanted was one day for people to show appreciation for the dev's and all their hard work. like god if you had the dev's for sky forge for a year then you would understand.

Just being better than bad developers of a different game is not enough. And good credit still provides no useful information. Praising Devs is just a pet on the shoulder and there's already enough white knights doing it overtime. There's no point. The only useful feedback a player could provide is by pointing out design flaws and offering (if capable, not required) possible solutions to the said flaws. You spend your own time to explain what you think is done poorly and to think up ways to solve the problems you mention. Even if you might be wrong, your dedicated time still offers value.  

3 minutes ago, AperoBeltaTwo said:

Just being better than bad developers of a different game is not enough. And good credit still provides no useful information. Praising Devs is just a pet on the shoulder and there's already enough white knights doing it overtime. There's no point. The only useful feedback a player could provide is by pointing out design flaws and offering (if capable, not required) possible solutions to the said flaws. You spend your own time to explain what you think is done poorly and to think up ways to solve the problems you mention. Even if you might be wrong, your dedicated time still offers value.  

so you thing because you tell someone thank you think they will just stop working lmao. we use to praise the dev's on every update they made from alpha to update 15 and bash them for every mistake but they never have they just said ok we are done. but people no longer do that they just cry about  every little thing instead of giving a detailed description of the problem. an you point out that im not providing any useful information. well if i wanted to "provide useful information" i would not post it in the general section of the forum. then you ramble on about white knights to be honest made no sense. their is a place for design flaws like idk BUGS REPORTS unless you wanna tell them how you think a warframes abilities should work well get in line we all put input. saying thank you may have no value to you but it may mean alot to someone else even if they dont show it the fact that thats what you came to say on a thank you post your life must be S#&$ or your just a garbage person

46 minutes ago, AperoBeltaTwo said:

~~snip~~

This is a feedback thread. 

Dev’s: you are doing an excellent job, and I love your game. <- this is feedback.

Will this thread be useful in changing the game? No, but that was not the intent. If someone wants to make a “praise the devs” thread, why complain about it?

4 minutes ago, leojst said:

so you thing because you tell someone thank you think they will just stop working lmao. we use to praise the dev's on every update they made from alpha to update 15 and bash them for every mistake but they never have they just said ok we are done. but people no longer do that they just cry about  every little thing instead of giving a detailed description of the problem. an you point out that im not providing any useful information. well if i wanted to "provide useful information" i would not post it in the general section of the forum. then you ramble on about white knights to be honest made no sense. their is a place for design flaws like idk BUGS REPORTS unless you wanna tell them how you think a warframes abilities should work well get in line we all put input. saying thank you may have no value to you but it may mean alot to someone else even if they dont show it the fact that thats what you came to say on a thank you post your life must be S#&amp;&#036; or your just a garbage person

Don't call feedback "crying". That's dismissive and belittling. If people express their distaste for something, it's a decent chance there's a problem there. Even if they don't go into details. It's the Devs' job to figure out what is amiss. On the other hand, when people praise something it rises a bunch of questions without actually telling anything: is the praise geniune?; isn't this just an effect of hype that has nothing to do with the actual quality of the product?; are people just being saying they like something opposed to people who dislike it?; are they just being supportive to just express their personal loyalty?; are these people just being emotional at this particular moment?; etc. Praise is pointless. You can't get anything useful out of it except the "I'm good and cozy"-message. And "I'm good and cozy"-feeling is incredibly destructive for any creative effort.

15 minutes ago, krc473 said:

This is a feedback thread. 

Dev’s: you are doing an excellent job, and I love your game. <- this is feedback.

Will this thread be useful in changing the game? No, but that was not the intent. If someone wants to make a “praise the devs” thread, why complain about it?

Because it's useless and if repeated enough times lulls devs into a false sense of security. This community loves DE too much. To the point where people who aren't in the religion are actively driven out by waves of hateful "leave if you don't like something" assaults - no matter what topic you raise. It's a survivor paradox. Only people who love like this game unconditionally stay in this kind of environment (and people with some form of mental immunity against j8rks).

Edited by AperoBeltaTwo

On 11/25/2017 at 3:05 PM, AperoBeltaTwo said:

And "I'm good and cozy"-feeling is incredibly destructive for any creative effort.

Who pissed in your Corn Flakes, Tenno? Why you gotta show up when someone expresses happiness and gratitude to be all salty emo Tenno and call it stupid? And as a creative person myself (a performer), I'll have you know that an audience's positive feedback to what you're delivering is essential to your practice as a creator. You need to have some amount of constructive criticism to prevent stagnating, but if you're met with nothing but critiques it is so easy to quit. There's already an abundance of constructive criticism on the Forums, so having the occasional thread by a Tenno honestly expressing their enjoyment and appreciation of the game doesn't need to get immediately mucked up with knee-jerk cynicism.

Lighten up.

Back on topic though, good on DE for making a game like no other, and letting us play the whole thing and all of its expansions for free. Y'all doin' good and making me proud of Canada.

4 minutes ago, AperoBeltaTwo said:

Because it's useless and if repeated enough times lulls devs into a false sense of security

I would agree with you, if not for the fact that the overwhelming majority of threads are relating to issues. If the devs look at this thread, among the hundreds/thousands etc of I found a bug threads and think “all is well”, we have a problem. The simple fact is, you have to be crazy to think Warframe is perfect and has no issues. It has issues, the player’s know this, the dev’s knows this. 

I think DE do a good job on Warframe. I would not still be playing it if I didn’t. I get bugs too, I report them and discuss them with other people. The bugs do not make me think DE is doing a bad job.

Praise is not useless. If someone does something you appreciate, tell them. Because if DE never gets told “we like this” or “we like where you are going” they won’t have any measure of what the community likes. I would say that praise is essential.

1 minute ago, SenorClipClop said:

Who pissed in your Corn Flakes, Tenno? Why you gotta show up when someone expresses happiness and gratitude to be all salty emo Tenno and call it stupid? And as a creative person myself (a performer), I'll have you know that an audience's positive feedback to what you're delivering is essential to your practice as a creator. You need to have some amount of constructive criticism to prevent stagnating, but if you're met with nothing but critiques it is so easy to quit. There's already an abundance of constructive criticism on the Forums, so having the occasional thread by a Tenno honestly expressing their enjoyment and appreciation of the game doesn't need to get immediately mucked up with knee-jerk cynicism.

Lighten up.

Back on topic though, good on DE for making a game like no other, and letting us play the whole thing and all of its expansions for free. Y'all doin' good and making me proud of Canada.

Positivity is useless. Baseless positivity is destructive. 

^That's the point I'm trying to make. There's enough praise and hype in this community already. SO much so, that you can't really tell what's geniune and what's just a crowd mentality. Surely as a performer you wouldn't want to be praised out of courtesy or just because "everyone does it", would you? It's a trap set by every vertical hierarchy. As an extreme example: in the 30's his executive officers wouldn't tell Stalin that the army is poorly equipped out of fear of a death sentence, thus condemning the country to millions of lives lost in the upcoming wars. You must surely see the basic mechanical simularities here, even if the stakes aren't as high as during the War. It's human nature to stop trying if "everything is fine".

Positivity is useless. Baseless positivity is destructive. 

^That's the point I'm trying to make. There's enough praise and hype in this community already. SO much so, that you can't really tell what's geniune and what's just a crowd mentality. Surely as a performer you wouldn't want to be praised out of courtesy or just because "everyone does it", would you? It's a trap set by every vertical hierarchy. As an extreme example: in the 30's his executive officers wouldn't tell Stalin that the army is poorly equipped out of fear of a death sentence, thus condemning the country to millions of lives lost in the upcoming wars. You must surely see the basic mechanical simularities here, even if the stakes aren't as high as during the War. It's human nature to stop trying if "everything is fine".

im not sure what your looking for but using Russia's worst leader is a bad start to the point where i'm starting to think you don't even know why you picked my post cause their are other people you can feed this to. but whe i think of the dev's of this game i dont think of Russian dictators. but if warframe was going down i think it would look more like battle at the alamo a fight to the death. and  ive said this a lot but you must only read what you want so ill asy it again in a simple way I WILL TELL THE DEV'S IF I HAVE A PROBLM NO ONE HAS A PROBLM WITH THAT BUT ITS GOOD TO SAY THANK YOU EVERY NOW AND AGAIN. i vave said my piece on the forum about thing that could be changed but this post was not for that you very very sad creature.

4 minutes ago, krc473 said:

I would agree with you, if not for the fact that the overwhelming majority of threads are relating to issues. If the devs look at this thread, among the hundreds/thousands etc of I found a bug threads and think “all is well”, we have a problem. The simple fact is, you have to be crazy to think Warframe is perfect and has no issues. It has issues, the player’s know this, the dev’s knows this. 

I think DE do a good job on Warframe. I would not still be playing it if I didn’t. I get bugs too, I report them and discuss them with other people. The bugs do not make me think DE is doing a bad job.

"If the devs look at this thread"

8 minutes ago, krc473 said:

Praise is not useless. If someone does something you appreciate, tell them. Because if DE never gets told “we like this” or “we like where you are going” they won’t have any measure of what the community likes. I would say that praise is essential.

That's never an indicator of what community likes and you should never blindly chase the wishes of the community either. People don't know what they would like, that's why we're so intrigued by surprises. The only basis for any decisionmaking a creative person could have is their own taste. That's where the difference between positive and negative feedback lies - negative feedback is directly indicative of an issue. It's honest, you can actually use it to steer in the direction that feels right to you. It has only one level of truth behind it. Positive feedback on the other hand is inherently deceptive and could mean anything or nothing at all. You can safely rely on negative feedback. Relying on prase would just be dumb.

1 minute ago, leojst said:

im not sure what your looking for but using Russia's worst leader is a bad start to the point where i'm starting to think you don't even know why you picked my post cause their are other people you can feed this to. but whe i think of the dev's of this game i dont think of Russian dictators. but if warframe was going down i think it would look more like battle at the alamo a fight to the death. and  ive said this a lot but you must only read what you want so ill asy it again in a simple way I WILL TELL THE DEV'S IF I HAVE A PROBLM NO ONE HAS A PROBLM WITH THAT BUT ITS GOOD TO SAY THANK YOU EVERY NOW AND AGAIN. i vave said my piece on the forum about thing that could be changed but this post was not for that you very very sad creature.

Any vertical hierarchy is a dictatorship. And you only need to read EULA once to realize that.

"If the devs look at this thread"

That's never an indicator of what community likes and you should never blindly chase the wishes of the community either. People don't know what they would like, that's why we're so intrigued by surprises. The only basis for any decisionmaking a creative person could have is their own taste. That's where the difference between positive and negative feedback lies - negative feedback is directly indicative of an issue. It's honest, you can actually use it to steer in the direction that feels right to you. It has only one level of truth behind it. Positive feedback on the other hand is inherently deceptive and could mean anything or nothing at all. You can safely rely on negative feedback. Relying on prase would just be dumb.

idk what you say things like using someone else's negative feedback to "steer" it in a direction that feels right to  you sounds really deceptive and manipulative you can do the same with positive feed back but i feel like your someone who does this a lot for personal gain.