Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why people leave/get offended when I use zeph in team ?

Shadodash

You're free to play whatever you want but you're not free of the consequences. There are some people who are dead serious in rushing missions so they have more time to do other things. Zephyr might have made one of your missions to become harder that it normally is and your teammates didn't want any part of it so they just left. I personally think Zephyr is a fun frame to use but you can't make everyone love her.

4 minutes ago, EtherealSlasher said:

Same reason some people leave when an Ember or Limbo joins. You don't cater to their playstyle. My advice is to just play how you want and don't worry too much about it.  

Ember hate? Really? She's so useful, especially when you have her syndicate mod on for her World on Fire; legions of infested writhing on the ground on fire... whats not to love? Great for free running through any map, she just clears the field for speed runs I find, or for survival missions. I guess people are weird. 

The Nyx hate I understand - though that doesnt stop me from running my Nyx when the mood takes me *evil grin* - all your armies are belong to Nyx!

Depends on what you are doing.

If I was trying to get a group together to do a 2 hour run on Mot I would likely not allow it but if just doing a random mission or even Sortie I would not have an issue with it.

Edited by Brorelia

As others have asked, were you using her fourth? Zephyr is one of a handful of frames with a really messy cc that can while able to make a target disabled it can also make damaging them much more difficult, people don't really warm up to that kind of unnecessary obstacle and at times can even respond unkindly to it. If you are playing a frame like nyx/limbo/zephyr you have to be mindful of how you are using their abilities, because you can quite easily wind up hindering the rest of your squad as a result of using certain abilities at the wrong time or in the wrong situation, and that can be vexing. 

People are stupid. Ignore them, play what you find fun and game on.

1 hour ago, Darkfeather21 said:

Same reason they hate me for playing Nyx: She's not a serious damage frame, nor is she Loki.

She's better than loki by far

Edited by AzureTerra

When you have the 30 Rifle kill challenge while leveling weapon

and you have Ember spamming WOF that wipe out enemies before they enter line of sight.

Zephyr spamming tornado with all enemies that is within line of sight thrown airborne

and a Limbo with max range casting catalysm that stops your rifle from hitting any target at all.

Tell me you won't leave ?

Not to mention all the loots will be thrown all over the place and picking them up is a pain.

If it is a defense I will usually leave at wave 5

Edited by Ada_Wong_SG

Each frame can be hated by any simple reasons. Ember for Wof, Equinox when deals damage, Banshee quake, Valkyre nonstop hysteria, Mag pull, Excall exalted blade and so on. The abilities created for reasons and this game sadly cannot handle the frame abilities with the gunfights and melee. Always will be a person who will cry on a frame or on a weapon because these created to do exactly what they are doing. That is not the players fault if using correctly or bad ways the frame because there is no real intended way to use something if it is in the game then it is the developers fault if they not made the weapon or frame works on the way it wanted be. If the game let you use something on many ways then a player will use abilities many ways and it is normal but in the same time can annoy others because they use that said thing differently. 

Zephyr in my book not that terrible mass murderer frame and she need really that rework to be more useful and viable.

There are frames which in their existence hurts everyone because of their design flaws.