Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

4 buffs riven with no official negatives

Denied

6 minutes ago, LimboWolf said:

If I am seeing this correctly. I actually have a 4 positive stat riven for the dark dagger.

No, the way faction damage is written has changed. x0.53 times damage to Grineer means -47% damage.

I consider -zoom and -impact damage to be "positive negatives".

Edited by Traumtulpe

Yes, it can be positive depending on the weapon.

For example, the Dread Incarnon has an evolution that grants -30% zoom. The Phenmor (and I think Laetum) have one that grants -10% critical chance. In this design the developers have admitted that these are "positive" things to have on the weapon.

So if you have a Dread riven with -zoom, it can be considered positive. Phenmor / Laetum rivens with -CC% can also be considered positive.

In general, -zoom and -impact (previously -puncture) are generally positive, because they make weapons easier to use and mod for effectively, especially after DE got rid of the x4 IPS weighting in damage. 

For example, a weapon with 50 slash and 50 impact damage (100 total) is modded to be 250 total by applying 150% elemental damage. Out of the physical types, it has only a 50% chance to proc slash. If you have a -100% impact riven, the listed damage is 50 slash (50 total) but the elemental mods still work off of a hidden 100 value, meaning the total damage after 150% elemental mods is 200. This is 80% of the original value, but now 100% of the physical procs will be slash, and no impact procs throwing enemies around and making headshots harder.

• Like 1

On 2023-11-01 at 11:32 AM, LimboWolf said:

Sorry for posting a link. Inserting URL from imgur or anywhere else didn't work at all so this was the best I could do right now.

You need to use the actual direct link to the image, not a link to the page which contains the image.

cfciryVx1ayN.png

On 2023-11-01 at 8:43 PM, CaptainShortbus said:

Yes, it can be positive depending on the weapon.

For example, the Dread Incarnon has an evolution that grants -30% zoom. The Phenmor (and I think Laetum) have one that grants -10% critical chance. In this design the developers have admitted that these are "positive" things to have on the weapon.

So if you have a Dread riven with -zoom, it can be considered positive. Phenmor / Laetum rivens with -CC% can also be considered positive.

In general, -zoom and -impact (previously -puncture) are generally positive, because they make weapons easier to use and mod for effectively, especially after DE got rid of the x4 IPS weighting in damage. 

For example, a weapon with 50 slash and 50 impact damage (100 total) is modded to be 250 total by applying 150% elemental damage. Out of the physical types, it has only a 50% chance to proc slash. If you have a -100% impact riven, the listed damage is 50 slash (50 total) but the elemental mods still work off of a hidden 100 value, meaning the total damage after 150% elemental mods is 200. This is 80% of the original value, but now 100% of the physical procs will be slash, and no impact procs throwing enemies around and making headshots harder.

Rivens can not have 4 "buffs". Period end of story. There are certain debuffs on certain weapons that are either completely free, or such a trivial downside that people consider it free, or something actually helps.

I have a cc/ms/cd riven for nataruk with neg ammo for example. It still has infinite ammo. So it affects literally nothing. So its a free neg. But its still "a neg".

13 hours ago, Malikili said:

Seeing -impact is always an absolute win 

Not always. There's a pretty large amount of cases where this is a huge negative.

Pretty much any weapon with majority or even just a high % of impact damage.
Especially with builds that rely on Hemorrhage or Internal bleeding. Cyanex, for example.

• Like 1

She's a 10... but she is a bit of a nerd and likes video games, comics and anime. 

He's a 10... but he likes to read, and learn and understand things. 

All green flags... but one red flag. as in literal, because they are from Tonga, and 80% of their national flag is red. 

A job interview, what are your biggest strengths? Am always on time, polite, patient and resourceful. Hardworking. What is your biggest weakness? I work too hard! 

Multishot, Crit Damage, Toxin. Minus Zoom. 

You can't see far, because you are shortsighted. I can't see far, because my Riven is so good, I don't need to see dead enemies. We are not the same. 

• Like 1