Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Plains "Secure the Camp" objective is BROKEN in solo mode.

EmberStar

12 hours ago, (PS4)evilcrap1010 said:

Just sharing, I always solo with Loki perma invis and irradiating disarm build, watch them kill each other. Since your always invis they wont call backups. Switch teleport is another means of traveling POE. I slot loot detector and thief's wit for the cache part. For weapon plasmor corrosive build, kavat is a great armor stripper, for my "snipe", I use scisco, atterax status and healing return build if need a bit of healing and my can opener too. With that i farm top tier bounty just for the breath of eidolon =(. Hope it helps.

I can second this - I've tried several tactics because, like the OP, I was getting swamped on some builds, so I tried irradiating disarm and invisibility and it really does take their attention away from you. Watch out for the occasional mortar though as these will attack irradiated Grineer (and you if you're too close!) 

In all seriousness, please try this:

Option A - Take a Mesa warframe with at least two Forma on her. Bring some means of keeping up your energy. Zenurik best, Rakta Cernos decent, energy pizzas if necessary. Bring a high crit/status secondary modded for Corrosive. 

Stratagem: Bounce around the place, protected by your 2 and 3. Stand on top of bunkers and other elevations, enter your 4 for a few seconds at a time. Any time that you are not murdering, you are moving. Do not worry about the Ogma, all it can do is damage you, it cannot actually retake the camp by itself.

Option B - Take a Nezha Warframe with at least two Forma on him. Bring a good polearm with a couple of Forma on it as well. Vaykor Sydon, Lesion, a high end Zaw. Something with a really solid build incorporating either lots of crit, a truckload of Status, or a hybrid of both. In melee, on the Plains, Slash/Viral Status is your friend. On that note, I am considering the Atterax to be an honourary polearm for the purposes of this mission. Preferred Focus School for this is either Madurai or Naramon, for the mad sustained deeps.

Stratagem: Slide around the battlefield at high speeds leaving behind a fire trail. Crit/Status everything to death. Everything. Ignore the Ogma. It can barely hit you at the necessary speeds and if it does, the most it can do is bring down your Warding Halo and force you to take a second to renew it.

In both cases, watch the top of the dome-shaped Grineer buildings/shelters. Take out mortar and rocket turrets. They have priority. Shoot the sides of their casings, they seem to take extra damage there.

Seriously try it.

On 27/11/2017 at 7:08 AM, EmberStar said:

This is a forum for feedback, not ranting.  So here is my feedback:  The "secure the camp" objective, where you have to repel an unstoppable tide of Grineer troops, Nox, Archwing fighters, and that freaking near-indestructible bomber, is BROKEN.  It is NOT scaling for a single player.  I've tried it with Frost, Inaros, Ember, and even Limbo.  If I have a frame defensive enough to not die over and over every time the cheaty bomber flies past, I still can't do enough damage to kill the bomber *and* actually kill the Grineer faster than they spawn.  And they drop in *really* fast.

For those of you about to give a "No, that's really easy" reply:  Good for you, it must be awesome to be so l33t.  I've seen videos of someone like Tactical Potato simply vaporizing the bombers, so obviously there's *some* nearly broken build that can kill them.  However, I don't have access to it, and it *shouldn't be necessary* to have a five or six forma weapon with a god-tier riven just to solo the *mid tier* bounty.  I'm not even discussing the T4 and T5 bounties.  For me, it's a complete waste of time and energy cookies to even attempt those.

I've done it with Rhino, Frost and Saryn many many times... If you want to play the hard game, you need to have the good builds, There are many options out there.

14 hours ago, Carnage2K4 said:

I've done it with Rhino, Frost and Saryn many many times... If you want to play the hard game, you need to have the good builds, There are many options out there.

I don't play Warframe to experience "the hard game."  If I wanted to be punched in the face repeatedly by a game for even being stupid enough to play it, I'd own Dark Souls.  And I certainly don't expect the MID TIER bounty to be "the hard game."  THAT is what I feel is the problem.  The scaling is badly off, and the camp is literally flooding with highly armored enemies faster than I could possibly kill them.  The heavily armored Archwing enemies are to massive a threat to ignore, and multiple Nox and mortar commanders kill me more or less instantly if I *do* try to deal with the flyers.  I've never been able to complete a Secure the Camp segment, with any warframe or weapon combo.  If I don't eat enough damage to blow through all my revives in thirty seconds, the camp floods with enemies and I fail anyway because the Control level goes from Strong to F.U. in a matter of seconds.

In any case, I no longer care.  I'm done with POE.  I might still go night fishing once in a while, because the Grineer will at least go away and stay away once you shoot them after dark.  But the between the bugs and broken scaling, trying to solo bounties is a complete and utter waste of time.  Oh, and the fun little detail that I'm even locked out of the Waybound Focus powers, because I'm never going to even pretend to waste my (or anyone elses) time getting crushed by an Eidolon over and over.

21 minutes ago, EmberStar said:

I don't play Warframe to experience "the hard game."  If I wanted to be punched in the face repeatedly by a game for even being stupid enough to play it, I'd own Dark Souls.  And I certainly don't expect the MID TIER bounty to be "the hard game."  THAT is what I feel is the problem.  The scaling is badly off, and the camp is literally flooding with highly armored enemies faster than I could possibly kill them.  The heavily armored Archwing enemies are to massive a threat to ignore, and multiple Nox and mortar commanders kill me more or less instantly if I *do* try to deal with the flyers.  I've never been able to complete a Secure the Camp segment, with any warframe or weapon combo.  If I don't eat enough damage to blow through all my revives in thirty seconds, the camp floods with enemies and I fail anyway because the Control level goes from Strong to F.U. in a matter of seconds.

In any case, I no longer care.  I'm done with POE.  I might still go night fishing once in a while, because the Grineer will at least go away and stay away once you shoot them after dark.  But the between the bugs and broken scaling, trying to solo bounties is a complete and utter waste of time.  Oh, and the fun little detail that I'm even locked out of the Waybound Focus powers, because I'm never going to even pretend to waste my (or anyone elses) time getting crushed by an Eidolon over and over.

So basically because you don't want to have to make an effort, the rest of us should have a pushover with no challenge or difficulty. Either there are the hard bits or there is not, giving you what you want means the rest of us who wipe our arse with the 'impossibility' you call 'mid-tier' have nothing but butter to cut through. There is always going to be harder parts either you adapt and overcome or succumb to your weakness and leave.

The mid-tier is far from the hard game, if you think they are hard, you need to really evaluate what it is your doing wrong, because the mid-tier is nothing to a big portion of us.

There's a difference between "challenge" and "broken."  But whatever, you do you.  After all, if something isn't a problem FOR YOU then clearly it can't be broken for anyone else.  And I'm sure there's NOTHING broken about a SOLO mission where three of the heavy minigun transports and a bomber are circling around raining death in less than thirty seconds, or the mission just hitting AUTOFAIL because the Grineer can literally trigger the fail condition just by spawning in at the same time.

Hey, EmberStar, I know it must be frustrating as hell, but believe me when I say that a lot of us do not find it to be that bad and we are definitely not all super-leet hardcore types. I’m out to a local rock show, but when I get back, is it cool to contact you, take a look at your builds, maybe run a Bounty duo, take a look at movement in the field?

On 11/26/2017 at 9:07 PM, rand0mname said:

I think I know why you are swarmed.

"Tusk Seeker Drones are Grineer flying drones with flapping, accordion-like wings, that are deployed by Grineer Tusk Lancers, Tusk Seekers and Dargyn Pilots. They have the ability to call in reinforcements by firing off Fosfor flares, and will do so more quickly if the number of nearby Grineer dwindles".

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Tusk_Seeker_Drone

Kill them ASAP. They made a distinctive sound and fire of flares. As others said, CC or Invisibilty is your friend for solo runs. And I noticed that if you kill them fast you will have no bombers at all.

Hope this helps.

Ah - that explains why some of these missions are quite straightforward, and some are a relentless swarm of heavy grineer, gunships/bombers and constant carpet bombing. Very helpful info - thx.

TBH, I always take my Opticor to these missions now - it's the only thing I have that seems to kill the gunships/bombers fast enough. Usually with Rhino.

Edited by 0verkill

I recorded myself doing a t5 secure with an Ogma a couple of days ago: 

The "secure" phase starts around 2:00 and I take out the Ogma at 2:30. I like to bring my Akbronco Prime to strip the armor, then hit it with my viral primary. It's a bit of a challenge, sure, but you just have to prepare for it.

A Bolkor shows up at 4:40 too, and I have to take out its turret. I pop into operator mode quickly to avoid its fire while I identify the turret location, than pop back into my warframe to take it out.

Edited by dudefaceguy