The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Weapons in search of buffs

DarkRuler2500

Right now, the game is advancing more and more.
More weapons are released, more nice mechanics are presented. However there are old and forgotten weapons.

They have been in Warframe since eternities!
Their destiny? To serve as mastery fodder!

Those weapons have sometimes very cool design, sometimes even amazing concept behind it but the one thing they are lacking is damage or utility.
Or simple the fact that they are direct downgrades when being compared with another weapons (e.g. Orthos vs. Cassowar)

This issue cannot be fixed by Riven Mods and it should not be tried.
Riven mods are a bandaid to buff your personal weapon of choice a little bit more.
But it should never be understood to be a fix for actual weapons balance.

I'll like to present some weapons, the list is not intended to be complete and should just give some impression.

PRIMARY

(Prisma) Tetra
The full-automatic corpus rifle lacks serious punch. It's DPS is lacking in any way and it has a rather slow travel speed for all of its projectiles.
It got a nice augment from the Index but sadly the weapons damage is so low that even with a riven mod it can barely get to the value other weapons are having without a riven.

Suggestion: Buff status chance, buff base damage, (buff flight speed)

Glaxion
Another full-automatic Corpus rifle with a beam function. It has amazing status and a huge magazine but there are some serious downsides on this weapon.
The base damage is ridiculously low, it barely scratches enemies beyond 40. Also the ammo consumption is so insane that even with a Carrier you will run out of it.

Suggestion: Buff base damage alot, unique mechanic (+damage increases per second fired by %), more beam range

SECONDARY

Seer
Captain Vor's orokin-hybrid gun is a nice concept but sadly it packs the punch to go high in the game.
Even a good riven will at most give the weapon the ability to deal enough dps in level 50 missions.
This weapon lacks critical chance and (because it is a orokin hybrid) it lacks some uniqueness.

Suggestion: Buff base damage, new mechanic that benefits the gunplay

Tysis
High status infested weapon which can be used to corrode away enemy armor but then the weapons dps is so low that you ought to be switching to your primary then. Even with a good riven (that I own!) the dps is lower than of of a Vaykor Marelok without riven.

Suggestion: Make each shot deal damage over time instead of damage per second by creating small corrosive areas on the target hit
The damage remains the same but is applied multiple times as long as the toxin dart sticks to the target.

MELEE

Ether weapons
I'll combine Ether Daggers, Ether Reaper and Ether Swords all together. Those weapons have been out so long but they aren't much better than the starting Skana.
The value of this swords is only in the very firsts mastery levels or later as mastery fodder. Since those Ethers form a set somehow I'd plead for damage and mechanic buff.

Suggestion: Damage buff, critical chance buff, give a unique mechanic (X% of damage is bypassing resistances?)

Plasma Sword
I loved the sword when it got it in the alert first but i was underwhelmed by its bad dps. It has 15% critical chance which can be good with a good riven and a blood rush build but sadly it only has 35 base damage. The damage needs to be buffed and since it is some kind of energy sword, perhaps a channelize mechanic could be included.

Suggestion: Base damage buff, new mechanic (channelizing doubles critical and status rating?)

Those are two weapons of each category that would need buffs in my eyes.
If you know any more feel free to post and to comment.

Make your old weapons fit for the future too!

Edited by DarkRuler2500

12 hours ago, Acersecomic said:

THIS. Came here to say this. Increase in base damage, no spool time, increased status chance.

It already has a low spool time compared to the Supra, the Supra has the advantage of more damage and a bigger box frankly I think it should stay that way but the gorgon should be a crit compared to where the supra is a status LMG

While this weapon isn’t too long in the game (i think like update 12), but i would like to see some love for dual cestra.. except its high fire rate to pop nullifier’s bubble, i dont see any good from this weapon, including secura version.. low base damage, low crit chance, low crit damage, low status chance, low reload speed, high recoil, and not a hitscan weapon.. with riven i can actually make this weapon work, but i really hope DE will buff this..

for older weapon, i think there’s tetra, gorgon, kraken, seer, gram (looks weak if compared to other heavy melee weapon), and dual dagger series (buff and maybe a new stance)

cycron

it looks amazing, like something straight outta tron, and the firing sound is nice too, but it's hopelessly useless because of the overvaluation they put on the "infinite ammo" gimmick

i could take any other secondary that wont ever run out of ammo during the course of any single mission that are a billion times more effective than the cycron

On 2017. 12. 03. at 5:27 PM, Witch said:

cycron

it looks amazing, like something straight outta tron, and the firing sound is nice too, but it's hopelessly useless because of the overvaluation they put on the "infinite ammo" gimmick

i could take any other secondary that wont ever run out of ammo during the course of any single mission that are a billion times more effective than the cycron

The cycron could be great if the swap speed would been fixed, at the moment its out of energy you would just swap and continue killin.

About Glaxion

> should proc cold on beam contact.

> "frozen spots" it leaves on targets, should act as weakspots for Glaxion (Like Sonar weakspots but only increase Glaxion damage). Stackable. So shooting same spot on enemy's body will result in constantly growing damage.

On 12/2/2017 at 4:56 AM, DarkRuler2500 said:

Right now, the game is advancing more and more.
More weapons are released, more nice mechanics are presented. However there are old and forgotten weapons.

They have been in Warframe since eternities!
Their destiny? To serve as mastery fodder!

Those weapons have sometimes very cool design, sometimes even amazing concept behind it but the one thing they are lacking is damage or utility.
Or simple the fact that they are direct downgrades when being compared with another weapons (e.g. Orthos vs. Cassowar)

This issue cannot be fixed by Riven Mods and it should not be tried.
Riven mods are a bandaid to buff your personal weapon of choice a little bit more.
But it should never be understood to be a fix for actual weapons balance.

I'll like to present some weapons, the list is not intended to be complete and should just give some impression.

PRIMARY

(Prisma) Tetra
The full-automatic corpus rifle lacks serious punch. It's DPS is lacking in any way and it has a rather slow travel speed for all of its projectiles.
It got a nice augment from the Index but sadly the weapons damage is so low that even with a riven mod it can barely get to the value other weapons are having without a riven.

Suggestion: Buff status chance, buff base damage, (buff flight speed)

Glaxion
Another full-automatic Corpus rifle with a beam function. It has amazing status and a huge magazine but there are some serious downsides on this weapon.
The base damage is ridiculously low, it barely scratches enemies beyond 40. Also the ammo consumption is so insane that even with a Carrier you will run out of it.

Suggestion: Buff base damage alot, unique mechanic (+damage increases per second fired by %), more beam range

SECONDARY

Seer
Captain Vor's orokin-hybrid gun is a nice concept but sadly it packs the punch to go high in the game.
Even a good riven will at most give the weapon the ability to deal enough dps in level 50 missions.
This weapon lacks critical chance and (because it is a orokin hybrid) it lacks some uniqueness.

Suggestion: Buff base damage, new mechanic that benefits the gunplay

Tysis
High status infested weapon which can be used to corrode away enemy armor but then the weapons dps is so low that you ought to be switching to your primary then. Even with a good riven (that I own!) the dps is lower than of of a Vaykor Marelok without riven.

Suggestion: Make each shot deal damage over time instead of damage per second by creating small corrosive areas on the target hit
The damage remains the same but is applied multiple times as long as the toxin dart sticks to the target.

MELEE

Ether weapons
I'll combine Ether Daggers, Ether Reaper and Ether Swords all together. Those weapons have been out so long but they aren't much better than the starting Skana.
The value of this swords is only in the very firsts mastery levels or later as mastery fodder. Since those Ethers form a set somehow I'd plead for damage and mechanic buff.

Suggestion: Damage buff, critical chance buff, give a unique mechanic (X% of damage is bypassing resistances?)

Plasma Sword
I loved the sword when it got it in the alert first but i was underwhelmed by its bad dps. It has 15% critical chance which can be good with a good riven and a blood rush build but sadly it only has 35 base damage. The damage needs to be buffed and since it is some kind of energy sword, perhaps a channelize mechanic could be included.

Suggestion: Base damage buff, new mechanic (channelizing doubles critical and status rating?)

Those are two weapons of each category that would need buffs in my eyes.
If you know any more feel free to post and to comment.

Make your old weapons fit for the future too!

How did Javlok, Twin Vipers, Amphis, and Akzani not make this list? Id also suggest Atomos as a candidate because it seems stupidly weak.