The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

gifting alt account

Jim22

They can't prove it was 2 of your own accounts so it would be hard for them to uphold any bans. Even if there is tos saying they can ban you for anything if you've bought any platinum whatsoever you have right to access it. Your rights are upheld over any tos. (You can't sign them away.}

25 minutes ago, Jim22 said:

Hi I got one question will someone get banned if they gift there alt account a warframe or anything.

7 minutes ago, Jim22 said:

Not saying I have an alt account but I was going to gift my brother who made an account 2 years ago and logged back in today so is it ok if I gift him something 

Actually, you did.

If your brother owns the account, then yes. 

If it's an alt account that you own, and freely trade with, you'll be banned until 2035.

4 minutes ago, Jim22 said:

Is it ok if my brother made an account and I gifted him some warframes but he asked me to play on it so we could get a little efurther ahead

Honestly, he should play on his account. He won't learn anything while you're using it.

1 minute ago, SirWranwrap said:

They can't prove it was 2 of your own accounts so it would be hard for them to uphold any bans. Even if there is tos saying they can ban you for anything if you've bought any platinum whatsoever you have right to access it. Your rights are upheld over any tos. (You can't sign them away.}

You agree to the Terms of Service and EULA when you create your account. If DE suspects you of any malicious activity, they have every right to suspend your account. 

OP: If you have an alt account, do not gift it items. If it is your brother like you say, it is their account, not yours, so you have every right to gift them an item.

They cant ban you for gifting other accounts also i gift my wife things for the last 3 years on wf and no ban.

You have to pretty much advertise that you own 2 accounts, showing passwords etc and that youre breaking ToS to get banned and even thats a grey area.

Even then trading between accounts being ban-able has never made sense since starter plat cant be traded.

Edited by (PS4)psycofang

3 minutes ago, SirWranwrap said:

TOS still don't override rights.

What does this mean, exactly?

OP; if it is your brothers account, then you have no issue.  But if it's your alt account, don't do it. 

My brother and I lived together awhile back, same IP, sometimes we'd switch between PC and laptop, depending on what was going on, so our logins were all over the place, and we gifted things and traded fairly often with no issues - but we were fully capable to prove the accounts were owned by different people.

Document and cover your and your brothers butts and proceed with caution.

He recently got back into Warframe about 2 days ago I don't know why am saying itsy alt because it isn't hasn't been played on in over 2 years I think and he asked me if I could help and the reason I had to play on his account is because we only have 1 computer. Also no I haven't gifted him anything yet because I'm afraid I'm going to get banned because it's on the same computer.

1 minute ago, (PS4)psycofang said:

Youre not going to get banned. Before i bought us both our own tvs, ps4s and pcs we shared the same pc. 

They cant ban you for sharing an isp.

Can they ban you for just helping your brother out 

3 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

What does this mean, exactly?

Click through agreements often are not binding contracts, even though companies assert them as such and try their best to have that be believed.

Say for example a EULA states something to the effect of "You can't criticize this product publicly." (Which is actually fairly common.) This would infringe your free speech and render the eula invalid. You can't sign away your rights, even if you clicked agree. So in the case of a account that has purchased platinum with real money a service has been paid for and must be delivered upon, to do less would be fraud. And since they would be unable to prove the trade was between 2 of his own accounts a suspension could not be upheld. That isn't to say he couldn't be banned for other reasons though, don't read into my statement that you have immunity.(hacking, etc as those are valid grounds)

Disclaimer: I'm not saying go sue de, nor encouraging actions against the tos/eula, just explaining how eulas aren't what they seem,

14 minutes ago, SirWranwrap said:

TOS still don't override rights.

Yet its still a contract. Its an agreement between both parties. And if you break them then they have all the rights to block access to the account. And you agree to that, otherwise you cant play the game to begin with)

Of course you can legally fight back if you have the proof that the accounts are operated and owned by different people but the burden of proof is on the user as DE can already show that both accounts run from a single location.

Will they though, rarely. its mostly measures to easily fight abuse cases.

33 minutes ago, SirWranwrap said:

Not really ... they can ban you for whatever they want ... the account its belong to DE not to him ... they can ban you without reason if they want , not matter how much platinum he bought . You have 0 rights .

Edited by Yagamilight123

31 minutes ago, GrazewoundZero said:

Actually, you did.

If your brother owns the account, then yes. 

If it's an alt account that you own, and freely trade with, you'll be banned until 2035.

Honestly, he should play on his account. He won't learn anything while you're using it.

What do you mean by freely trade like with other people or your other account ?