Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What warframes setups are people looking for on Eidolon Hunt/Cap runs?

Valck

6 minutes ago, FashionFrame said:

#1 seems to be Trinity, Chroma, Harrow and the 4th can be anyone, but sometimes rhino  

Will take note of this, thank you.

1 minute ago, CalcualtedMurderMachine said:

Agree for all except 4th member, RIP rhino, now its volt shield buff

What Volt build should I be aiming for, and what is his role in a Eidolon Hunt/Cap run?

1 - Healer - to keep lures alive for the cap - mostly Trinity, Oberon

2_ Dmg Dealer - Chroma

3 - Proc - Harrow - both avoid dmg and procs from void spike but also increase crit chance right after the spike

4 - Buffer - rhino, volt etc...

To max potential - 3 corrosive projections, adarza kavat.

I know there must be better team comps out there but this team can make more than 4 caps in one night easily depending on the load times, time to find tera etc...

7 minutes ago, Kaotyke said:

Shield Volt.

He increases the damage of weapons and Amps as well, so Tera-Shields are destroyed even faster.

My squads can usually get a half dozen or more caps a night with an Ice Chroma, Harrow, Bless Trinity, and Shield Volt. I'm normally the Volt since I am a Volt main. I tried being Chroma, but I got alot of hate when I did that. This thread will tell you on my latest post;

There's that. Feel free to read. Now you can see why I don't do Chroma anymore. 

But back on topic, the most successful squads seem to be Ice Chroma with a Vex Armor build, Trinity with a Bless build, maybe Energy Vampire if you can get it, Harrow with a Covenant(?) build, and a Volt with an Energy Shield build.

1 hour ago, FashionFrame said:

#1 seems to be Trinity, Chroma, Harrow and the 4th can be anyone, but sometimes rhino  

This squad is problematic as the point of harrow is to provide a buff from Covenant, but half of Covenants up time nullifies Chroma's Vex Armour charge. Either you need a long window on Covenant to help the squad for as long as possible making Chroma have to wait, or a short duration, but then Chroma has to take damage then hope to get a shot off before Convent buff ends... it's just not worth the trouble in our clan's experience.

1 hour ago, Valck said:

Topic

In my opinion, the best squad is as follows:
Volt provides Crit damage from shields for the squad.
Harrow provides a long duration on Covenant this + Volt Shield on crit weapons will melt a damage point in half a second, Harrow is also good for protection via Covenant.
Rhino for extra buff.
Trinity to collect Lures and Bless.

Alternatives:
Chroma in place of Harrow.
Octavia in place of Rhino

With the above squad we can do 6 caps a night, but can probs do it faster with some higher Crit damage arcane on our AMPs. But I imagine the same squad with Chroma swapped for Harrow can do the same, I feel both in the same squad is unnecessary and need too much precise coordination to make useful. 

Edited by Carnage2K4

24 minutes ago, KelsierSurvivor said:

My squads can usually get a half dozen or more caps a night with an Ice Chroma, Harrow, Bless Trinity, and Shield Volt. I'm normally the Volt since I am a Volt main. I tried being Chroma, but I got alot of hate when I did that. This thread will tell you on my latest post;

I wish I could use Oberon in those instead of Harrow.

Many times the team just destroys the Shields and Peice before the Covenant ends and I got called names for that once.

Oberon with Smite Infusion can be a buffer and Hallowed Ground negates the magnetic proc, you just have to jump into Operator and Void mode to take no damage.

All can be recast at any time, but I still see people asking for Harrow only and dont seem to know what Hallowed Ground does when I PUG: everyone, but a few just run away when Tera goes to scream, those few leave their frames on the HC and go into Operator mode.

5 minutes ago, Kaotyke said:

I wish I could use Oberon in those instead of Harrow.

Many times the team just destroys the Shields and Peice before the Covenant ends and I got called names for that once.

Oberon with Smite Infusion can be a buffer and Hallowed Ground negates the magnetic proc, you just have to jump into Operator and Void mode to take no damage.

All can be recast at any time, but I still see people asking for Harrow only and dont seem to know what Hallowed Ground does when I PUG: everyone, but a few just run away when Tera goes to scream, those few leave their frames on the HC and go into Operator mode.

I was not aware of Oberon's augment mods. If I'm honest, I didn't know they existed. I don't think all Warframes have them unfortunately. 

So you say Oberon can do the job just as well? I'd say that makes sense. I'd take the paladin over the priest any day. I would like to see how this goes. I won't be able to get on until the weekend most likely because of school and all that mess, but if you are interested, I am willing to try and form a squad to try and test this. So what, we sacrifice a few rounds for no other reason than SCIENCE! But on the other side of this, if the Oberon thing does work, we could possibly revolutionize Teralyst capping. No more...

37 minutes ago, Carnage2K4 said:

This squad is problematic as the point of harrow is to provide a buff from Covenant, but half of Covenants up time nullifies Chroma's Vex Armour charge. Either you need a long window on Covenant to help the squad for as long as possible making Chroma have to wait, or a short duration, but then Chroma has to take damage then hope to get a shot off before Convent buff ends.

of this. ^  IF the Oberon idea works, then I think you would deserve some Platinum for thinking of it. If Chroma can keep his buff going and everyone else keeps their energy and doesn't receive procs, then the caps could go much smoother and faster! I am willing to try this weekend if you are, but I understand if you aren't. It could possibly cost some Eidolon shards and such. But I am willing to take the risk. 

Цитата

This squad is problematic as the point of harrow is to provide a buff from Covenant,

It never was.

His role is to make you invincible to magentic proc. You can also mod for power strenght and shield capacity to give everyone insane reload speed but invincibility is why Harrow is here. Not the damage buff or crit buff of his 4. Unless you have Oberon instead of Trinity to do with the hallowed ground what Harrow does with his 4. But considering that Oberon just sucks as a healer no one basically does that, (but it's a shame cause using harrow for crits would be dope). And most people are more than fine without Harrow's crit buff especially if you will boost their reload speed. All you need is a right and modded right weapon like Lanka, Rubico, Euphona, Plasmor, Sicarus, ect. You DO NOT need a riven for those although except for euphona and plasmor you can buy them for about 100-150p for those weapons if you want to. Without any rivens I can take down a knee of Eidolon with 200 - 275% power str on harrow's 2 alone with Rubico in a matter of 2-3 seconds.

And if it's problematic how the hell I'm averaging 9-10 captures per night? Lol.

If some people wanted you to do both (i.e make them invincible and give crit bonus) theyr'e just dense. They have no idea what they're talking about or how harrow powers' work or in general what they're even doing. Just ignore and move on.

Цитата

All can be recast at any time, but I still see people asking for Harrow only and dont seem to know what Hallowed Ground does when I PUG

Because Hallowed ground doesn't protect you from damage so you can't stay in your warframe. Which is inconvinient as hell.

Just mod duration the way covenant lasts 5-7 seconds and that's all. No one will call you names or anything. Don't need to buff anyone unless stated otherwise.

Edited by -Temp0-

12 minutes ago, KelsierSurvivor said:

So you say Oberon can do the job just as well? I'd say that makes sense. I'd take the paladin over the priest any day. I would like to see how this goes. I won't be able to get on until the weekend most likely because of school and all that mess, but if you are interested, I am willing to try and form a squad to try and test this. So what, we sacrifice a few rounds for no other reason than SCIENCE! But on the other side of this, if the Oberon thing does work, we could possibly revolutionize Teralyst capping. No more...

Oberon is who I use when I solo/PUG Hunt the Eidolons. So that test was already made.... several times.

I have a Renewal that gives 120 HP/s (HOWEVER, I like to get Lures with level 19 and up because they have more health and most importantly: armor. They wont get destroyed easily then) and then I Iron Renewal for more Armor.

The key when I do that is to take damage and get energy, so I go with a Decaying Dragon key to get less shields, the Iron Renewal is enough to keep me alive from his attacks. Hallowed Ground when he starts when the screams are going to come, let myself take a bit more damage to top the Energy pool and jump into Operator Void mode because THAT scream can damage me faster than I heal.

If someone appears, I give them +249% Radiation Damage Bonus.

Edited by Kaotyke

3 hours ago, Carnage2K4 said:

This squad is problematic as the point of harrow is to provide a buff from Covenant, but half of Covenants up time nullifies Chroma's Vex Armour charge. Either you need a long window on Covenant to help the squad for as long as possible making Chroma have to wait, or a short duration, but then Chroma has to take damage then hope to get a shot off before Convent buff ends... it's just not worth the trouble in our clan's experience.

Easy fix with chroma, use a self damaging weapon to give yourself the buffs with vex armor.

35 minutes ago, FashionFrame said:

Easy fix with chroma, use a self damaging weapon to give yourself the buffs with vex armor.

If you're using a harrow you still need to wait until the invulnerability ends, with volt and harrow providing the damage the other 3 can easily melt the eidolon before Chroma gets a shot off, self-damage or otherwise. It's literally a difference of 1 second or 1.5 seconds... Which is negligible, may as well use the slot for something more useful. I mean play how you want but we do just fine without a chroma, the shield is the only time sink in doing damage.

And I mean, if you're not using harrow for his massive crit, what is the point, may as well support the Chroma better if he's just going to 1 shot every damage point. I just can't see the need for both.

Edited by Carnage2K4

23 minutes ago, Carnage2K4 said:

If you're using a harrow you still need to wait until the invulnerability ends, with volt and harrow providing the damage the other 3 can easily melt the eidolon before Chroma gets a shot off, self-damage or otherwise. It's literally a difference of 1 second or 1.5 seconds... Which is negligible, may as well use the slot for something more useful. I mean play how you want but we do just fine without a chroma, the shield is the only time sink in doing damage.

And I mean, if you're not using harrow for his massive crit, what is the point, may as well support the Chroma better if he's just going to 1 shot every damage point. I just can't see the need for both.

I guess everyone experiences it differently. Haven't had any problems with the combo, since chroma one shots the eidolon instantly once the shields are down.

Цитата

If you're using a harrow you still need to wait until the invulnerability ends

It's literally just 5-7 seconds during magnetic proc. If harrow has more he has no experience whatsoever.

Do you seriously can't wait 5 seconds considering it's during the phase that Chroma's done his work already? And just so you know, you can slap duration on chroma as well so you don't need to press 3 every 10-30 seconds, every limb. You can have 50-70 seconds. Plenty of time to shoot and refresh duration.

Цитата

And I mean, if you're not using harrow for his massive crit, what is the point,

Read?

Resist magnetic proc, making everyone's life easier NOT forcing them to go in the operator mod or waste energy pads, especially trinity + insane reload speed. I have power str of 288 on harrow - everyone fire so fast they don't even notice the reload, it makes a sniper rifle with -50% fire rate a new soma prime. If Chroma messes up I am, as Harrow, can take down a limb in about 2 seconds with that reload speed with Rubico that again has -50% firerate. Rubico has no riven on it. It's accesable to literally everyone.

Chroma does not need your buff with his 400-500% vex armor buff unless he's terrible and has no idea what he's doing or what weapons he should be using. And with this insane reload he can use almost any weapon he wants that is suited to take out the sentient, even the slowest one like opticor. Think outside the box.  

Цитата

I guess everyone experiences it differently. Haven't had any problems with the combo, since chroma one shots the eidolon instantly once the shields are down.

No real reason to argue, some people are too stubborn to learn it seems.

Цитата

And how many captures exacly a disfunctional team like that can do in one night?

Edited by -Temp0-

52 minutes ago, -Temp0- said:

It's literally just 5-7 seconds during magnetic proc. If harrow has more he has no experience whatsoever.

Do you seriously can't wait 5 seconds considering it's during the phase that Chroma's done his work already? And just so you know, you can slap duration on chroma as well so you don't need to press 3 every 10-30 seconds, every limb. You can have 50-70 seconds. Plenty of time to shoot and refresh duration.

Read?

Resist magnetic proc, making everyone's life easier NOT forcing them to go in the operator mod or waste energy pads, especially trinity + insane reload speed. I have power str of 288 on harrow - everyone fire so fast they don't even notice the reload, it makes a sniper rifle with -50% fire rate a new soma prime. If Chroma messes up I am, as Harrow, can take down a limb in about 2 seconds with that reload speed with Rubico that again has -50% firerate. Rubico has no riven on it. It's accesable to literally everyone.

Chroma does not need your buff with his 400-500% vex armor buff unless he's terrible and has no idea what he's doing or what weapons he should be using. And with this insane reload he can use almost any weapon he wants that is suited to take out the sentient, even the slowest one like opticor. Think outside the box.  

No real reason to argue, some people are too stubborn to learn it seems.

And how many captures exacly a disfunctional team like that can do in one night?

Would you be willing to share your Harrow build?

30 минут назад, Kjahla81 сказал:

Would you be willing to share your Harrow build?

It's nothing special but the boost in reload speed is very noticable especially on sniper rifles. Redirection and augur accord here only to prolong 2's duration (obviously), one cast after ultimate is enough to take down the next limb basically. Then I just use 4 to resist the proc and 2 again, rinse and repeat.

HV9TW3u.jpg

Just now, -Temp0- said:

It's nothing special but the boost in reload speed is very noticable especially on sniper rifles. Redirection and augur accord here only to prolong 2's duration (obviously), one cast after ultimate is enough to take down the next limb basically. Then I just use 4 to resist the proc and 2 again, rinse and repeat.

HV9TW3u.jpg

Thank you..I'll try it out.

I just recently found an interesting setup for Eidolon Teralysts that has the possibility of being quite fun while also nuking to the equivalent of Chroma.  Equinox's Duality Augment clone is able to target and track synovias on Teralysts and also compensates for the Teralyst's movement, making aiming a breeze (cuz ur not doing it yourself :P).  I'm testing possible setups with it but it's a breath of fresh air that might be able to be meta worthy with the right stup.  Feel free to share this with fellow Tenno, and make sure to credit me if you do :D.