Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Weapon Color Saved Per Frame - PLEASE

MystiKasT

Hey guys,

I generally use one gun on each frame, Soma Prime.  I have about 8 prime frames I switch through; they are all different colors.

I've noticed whatever color I set my Soma too, it looks that way when I use it on another frame.

Is there a way to change it so it is specific for each frame?

The red/blue Soma looks awesome with my valkyr, but horrible with my grey/black rhino.

Just now, Marvelous_A said:

I don't think you understand what OP meant. He probably meant for each frame he has an unique color scheme (not necessary the same to warframe) of Sonicor.

Yes, I understand what they meant.

And they can copy Frame's color to a weapon when they change frame. Quick and simple.

Would be nice if there was a check-box for doing this automatically, I gusess, but no one has died from a couple of extra clicks yet.

There is favorite color section at the moment 
which you can use to switch out color more quickly.

One of the method I used to have on my dragon nikana is simply build 3 dragon nikanas to have 9 color options.
as each have their A,B,C selection.

And each of the load out slot uses a unique color scheme that each has their own dragon nikana color.

Edited by Ada_Wong_SG

34 minutes ago, WindigoTP said:

"Copy frame colors" button?

The odds of this giving you results you find aesthetically optimal is pretty low, though.  Most of the time when I do this I find I have to swap some of the colors.

Unfortunately, for now we are stuck with only A, B, and C color settings for every individual item you own.  I would definitely spend plat to unlock more color settings slots, but I don't foresee that happening anytime soon.

5 minutes ago, Ada_Wong_SG said:

There is favorite color section at the moment 
which you can use to switch out color more quickly.

One of the method I used to have on my dragon nikana is simply build 3 dragon nikanas to have 9 color options.
as each have their A,B,C selection.

And each of the load out slot uses a unique color scheme that each has their own dragon nikana color.

This is genius,I will just build 52 of each item so I can have the colors I want. Because there are over 50 frames and each of them has 3 color options[that i really use
I mean It will cost me only 15000pl for less rare items and 1.5m plat for tradeable exclusives and so many orokin cells that it will take me 150years of non-stop grind with boosters
and Millions of $ so I can buy DE company and make them add untradeable items and one time exlusives to my account 52 times each.

I mean dude,you are big help.

You know what they say... if you have hammer everything looks like nail

Instead of poor solutions that we can come up with [where best one would be using BOT/SCRIPT and teach in every single variant we use.
DE should add QoL solution that will keep the weapon+frame as 1 profile data
It should remember last weapon used too,atm I gotta switch everything along with frame because It is inefficient to use same weapon you have on Mirrage on your Rhino or Frost.

7 minutes ago, MidoriFuse said:

This is genius,I will just build 52 of each item so I can have the colors I want. Because there are over 50 frames and each of them has 3 color options[that i really use
I mean It will cost me only 15000pl for less rare items and 1.5m plat for tradeable exclusives and so many orokin cells that it will take me 150years of non-stop grind with boosters
and Millions of $ so I can buy DE company and make them add untradeable items and one time exlusives to my account 52 times each.

Instead of poor solutions that we can come up with [where best one would be using BOT/SCRIPT and teach in every single variant we use.
It should remember last weapon used too,atm I gotta switch everything along with frame because It is inefficient to use same weapon you have on Mirrage on your Rhino or Frost.

+100

Just now, MidoriFuse said:

How about using loadout slots?

I mean, if we go with your most extreme example, one would need about 5 clemilliard of slots to have every frame/weapon combination imaginable, but still, 10, or how many it is we have now, should be enough to have the most used combinations at the ready.

4 minutes ago, WindigoTP said:

How about using loadout slots?

I mean, if we go with your most extreme example, one would need about 5 clemilliard of slots to have every frame/weapon combination imaginable, but still, 10, or how many it is we have now, should be enough to have the most used combinations at the ready.

Sure we could just do our best with our limited options.
But if they are going to change it to better as OP suggest,I do not see solid reason to not kill 2birds with one stone.

You can even ask me for 100pl to activate this feature if they can not live without 20pl for extra slot. [max 5]

Edited by MidoriFuse

This is why a lot of people, including myself, eventually resort to having a color scheme pretty unified across frames. Mine is white / purple / black / light gold. It’s a scheme I like, and basically that color scheme goes on appearance slot A of everything nowadays. If I want to mess around with other colors, there’s slots B and C. Is it the solution I want? Not necessarily. But it works enough, and keeps me from going insane from having to recolor all my weapons every time I switch a frame (which is like every 3 - 5 missions).

33 minutes ago, MystiKasT said:

The game can be improved; there is no need to make an excuse as to why it is now; the only reason is this: the devs don't know QoL can be improved OR don't want to put in the work to do it.

Thats all there is to it.

It’s actually very likely an issue with data storage, not laziness / lack of awareness of a problem. Same reason we’re not allowed to have an unlimited amount of riven mods.

1 hour ago, Xaranoth said:

It’s actually very likely an issue with data storage, not laziness / lack of awareness of a problem. Same reason we’re not allowed to have an unlimited amount of riven mods.

Like one commentor suggested it is very feasible and quite standard in game industry to save those data on the user machine itself.
Where doing so with riven could potentially but still unlikely result in cheating,changing your colors would not.

If you use randomized data key for your values it is VERY hard to breach such system
without supercomputer often impossible
so who would bother to breach it to change black to yellow?
Server could still check if you own that color from that palete and kick you out/change to default if you do not

2 hours ago, MidoriFuse said:

I don't know how diversified a person's taste is to use all 3 color schemes on 50 warframes, and none of them have common color schemes.
That actually requires 52 items that sums up to 156 color settings.

And none of that overlay each other one way or another and presumably each would conflict with one another 
making it necessary to make 156 combinations separately.

And given that many combinations you have, you wont even have the load out slots
to display all of that.

Surely for user preference there is favorite colors, and if you pick them all into a favorite template 
there is a limited numbers of colors. And among those combinations you have partial or full compatible color scheme 
that kind of run across most of your color schemes,

You have 3 color options with the option of favorite colors
that basically means you can quick change the color every time you change your warframe.

Because from the look of it nobody is able to get 150 loadout slots currently.

Unless you are capable of memorizing all the 156 color schemes, it would be easier 
picking the color again even right off the color palette 

Though for the convenience, I would like to have the ability to save color setting into quick slots,
that is kind of like "copy color from main" but it is saved within the color customization
that is kind of like favorite but there are like 10 - 20 combinations you can save.

Edited by Ada_Wong_SG

6 hours ago, MidoriFuse said:

give-that-man-a-medal.jpg

10 hours ago, MystiKasT said:

Hey guys,

I generally use one gun on each frame, Soma Prime.  I have about 8 prime frames I switch through; they are all different colors.

I've noticed whatever color I set my Soma too, it looks that way when I use it on another frame.

Is there a way to change it so it is specific for each frame?

The red/blue Soma looks awesome with my valkyr, but horrible with my grey/black rhino.

You get 3 base colour loadouts to use, This is more than most ppl use... I don't see the issue as being worth change.

9 hours ago, MidoriFuse said:

Like one commentor suggested it is very feasible and quite standard in game industry to save those data on the user machine itself.

Some games do, but warframe does not (and I would imagine most MMO’s don’t). Both for the cheating issue you mentioned, and for simplicity I suspect when it comes to playing on multiple computers. I find it very convenient to be able to pick up warframe on my laptop when I have to travel and have all my load outs and fashionframe saved. If fashionframe became machine specific so that we could have unlimited slots, it would also mean that DE would stop storing that data on their servers. And honestly having to repeat my fashion frame across devices would annoy me more than having three fashion slots per item. Honestly, three is enough to make do with.