Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Plains of Eidolon: Update 22.6.0 + Hotfix 22.6.0.1

[DE]Danielle

I have just spent the last 5 hours downloading the update, factioning up for use of the Simulacrum (I'd just never bothered), figuring out how to use screen recording software, all so I could demonstrate visually what I think of the Gara Nerf. 

Please see the below. 

This is a generic 4 forma armor / HP build designed to buff the pants out of my 4's durability - the listed HP is ~5k.  Adding in a maxed out Blind Rage ups it to about 6.2.  The result is the same.  The wall segments that drop DO leave the remaining segments up, but they are utterly useless, the bullets pass right on through to my face! This means that I have to re-cast it, this means it is of no help at all. I now have to spend oodles of energy re-casting - and the mod capacity I used for all that armor and health? It does NOTHING for me personally, as Gara's 2 covers that - building for my wall is pointless, as I and approximately eight hundred posts have been saying that it would be over the last 3 days. 

Now, let us take a look at Frost. 

This is a random ONE forma build that I have not touched in several eternities - it works well!  Its quite generalist, and makes use of Chilling globe, which for this video, may as well be wasted mod space.  I have 3 fewer forma, and no real specialty besides 'i want tanky bubbles' ... the listed HP on the bubble? 10k, which comes up instantly, and lasts several times as long due to the HP absorption mechanic.   These stats are NOT wasted due to the tankyness actually helping Frost himself, and as you can see - with Zenurik, I can actually net positive energy even when spamming the bubble.  If I want to replicate Gara's glassing of enemies? I press 4! It happens faster then Gara's, and costs less energy due to not having to channel it while spending oodles more energy.  When the bubble falls, I re-cast it! I don't have to care what wall segments are up! If I want to, I can throw MORE bubbles around the level, I'm not limited to that one!

All enemies spawned in are level 70 Grineer, thats Sortie 1.  Frost is, as expected, works fine.  Gara is a polished hunk of ossified poo, also as expected, and as warned by what was approaching 1000 posts prior to the topic being closed, which is the highest amount of feedback provided to ANY changes thread in the last full year.  

I rushed home from work today, even taking time off due to being excited for the Volt changes (No one's fault but mine, of course) - and I find that... the ability to kill a few level 50s on Volt was more powerful than is acceptable.  This is apparently a problem when approaching ONE FIFTIETH THE POTENCY that Equinox has had for years now.  Is Volt supposed to be another hunk of poo? Shall I just hang him up beside Gara? 

I apologize for my tone, but I am extremely frustrated.  Please address the above.  I see absolutely no issue with the Volt video that was posted, other warframes can do that easily already - but Volt isn't allowed to? What?    As for Gara, if you cannot balance her, and her previous 4 cannot return (which was powerful, but suffered enough drawbacks that I would call it acceptable), then perhaps re-think her 4 entirely?  The current state of her wall is, as Vay Hek would say, UNACCEPTABLE - she is supposed to be the Unbreakable Warrior, you have broken her, body and soul.  We had TWO barrier-based warframes that were good for defense.  I just AFK'd through today's sortie 3 mobile defense thanks to Limbo pressing 6 keys total per node, my group sat there chuckling and invulnerable.  When our Limbo DC'd, our Rhino pressed 4, and we did the same.   WHY isn't Gara allowed to perform similar feats? 

Anyway, yeah - I have tested the changes, I tried to keep an open mind - it turned out to be just as miserably nonfunctional as I, and many hundreds of other posts warned they would be, and we didn't even get our Volt consolation prize. 

The bug fixes you deployed are nice, though - thanks for those.

26 minutes ago, VisionAndVoice said:

So you actually have options and you still complain.

Eh, talking to such people is a wasted effort. You'll never be satisfied no matter what you have.

its the opposite, i was satisfied with the performance of my pistol, while the rest of my arsenal couldn't destroy it without frustrating me or put the mission in danger, until this update

i don't want the difficult to decrease from below of the moments before the update, but i really want an reason to keep this fortress of doom above my head, without any means to destroy it easily or to avoid, after all, it can kill me in 2 moments with Redirection + Vitality

the Plains already force me to use an mobile warframe (Volt, Nova, Zephyr...) because of its size, if i need to use Frost/Chroma to survive against the actual Bolkor all the time... i simply will be bored, because i need to run... run... run... from one mission to another while using an selfish build (archwing can solve part of it, but its hard to use to get cetus wisp/iranite on the way)

if you are confident enough that the Bolkor is okay, try against it on bounty t5 without Corrosive Projection

maybe i'm just badly geared against it (alloy + robotic receives extra damage against radiation and cold, but i'm using corrosive + fire) and i'm not relying on my switch speed to swap between damage types

I'm very impressed by all the fixes! Really nice to see that all get done. But I strongly disagree with the Gara "changes" feels way too close to Frost and now trying to build for her is a complete mess. Now we need armor, power strength, AND duration on top of any range or HP mods. It's now a battle to have any fun builds that work at all for her. The way the wall on Mass Verify breaks is kinda cool but over all its a pain and seems to break way too easily. I feel she's now in a worse place and this still needs to be looked at. I can see why people think it was over powered and in some cases it was but this to me isn't the way to fix it. Her ultimate ability is now just a different form of Frost's globe. (not an ultimate ability)

53 minutes ago, brewedjuice said:

i keep seeing this but im not having that problem. is it just because my roll isnt bound to shift? i can roll to my hearts content without breaking prowl.

Mine IS bound to shift and I too have no issues - at least not in normal star chart missions.  I think maybe it's a Plains issue and not on normal missions.

Please help,
I already download the 1,5GB update. But the game wont start.

Already uncheck the DX10 and 11, but cant start. it keeps showing this thing:

unknown.png

unknown.png

I tried checking and unchecking all at this settings ^
But still cant enter the game, already restart my laptop also

Please help

Just now, Zeyez said:

maybe i'm just badly geared against it (alloy + robotic receives extra damage against radiation and cold, but i'm using corrosive + fire) and i'm not relying on my switch speed to swap between damage types

Unless you're running with 4x Corrosive Projection or some other means of armor stripping, Corrosive damage still tends to outperform Radiation against high level Alloy enemies because the proc is worth more than the flat +75% damage.

Archwing Controls are broken. If you press "sprint" or use afterburner the Sprint just goes on for like forever - its super hard to control now or to get the archwing to stop.

Before when using afterburner, when you released "sprint" and "jump" you could stop the Sprint by pressing "sprint" again. It's really weird now.

Same issue/connected to this problem:

The Grineer Defense map used for Hydron is now mildly broken.  The teleport volume seems to have expanded, and now covers part of the floor in the lowest section.  When the defense platform is lowered, if you face the end with the narrow door and the stairs on the right, it's the area just behind the stairs.  If you step on the floor, the game assumes you fell through the map and teleports you to the "unstuck" point in front of the stairs by the defense target.

Unless this is an intentional change.  It's one way to discourage Hallway Heroes, I guess.

Archived