Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cetus Wisps have wrecked this game for me

HunterX7X

30 cetus wisps required for the Tier 1 amp, 45 for Tier 2,  and 60 for Tier 3. 100 for each maxed arcane, zaw or operator, of which there are loads.

What the bloody hell?!

The highest level bounty may give you 2, and it's rare to run more than two of those bounties in a day. There are so many maps and guides out there to farm cetus wisps that have you running around the plains scanning every body of water over and over so that you can get maybe 3 from a run. I don't want to spend my leisure time running circles around the plains while gaining nothing else and having no fun whatsoever. It's a mind-numbingly tedious and boring task that have turned what were initially cute little fairy things into the something I now dread. 

Warframe is about space ninjas killing things, not running a hundred circles around the plains. I've rage-quit three items now after spending ages running searching for these stupid things and getting nowhere near how much I need to craft an amp (I've already collected and used 100).

Wisp requirements need to be cut to a third to make it fair. having to get 9-20 to craft an entire amp would at least make it a fun diversion from the game. But having to spend hours running circles when you could be mowing down hundreds of grineer is bullS#&$.

Cheers

6 minutes ago, HunterX7X said:

But having to spend hours running circles when you could be mowing down hundreds of grineer is bullS#&$.

I was able to get over 30 wisps in 50 minutes (farming). It’s not really that much of an issue. 

I have gotten 6 wisps in 4 minutes previously (without a booster).

I assume you realise that the bounties can reward up to 10 each. If you chose to run the bounty twice, that’s more your fault than DE’s.

Edited by krc473

2 minutes ago, krc473 said:

I was able to get over 30 wisps in 50 minutes (farming). It’s not really that much of an issue. 

I have gotten 6 wisps in 4 minutes previously (without a booster).

I assume you realise that the bounties can reward up to 10 each. If you chose to run the bounty twice, that’s more your fault than DE’s.

Every reply to topics like this are always "I was able to farm X in Y minutes". Farming things like Argon Crystals and Orokin cells are fun because it's during missions and you're enjoying it while getting affinity/focus and other loot. But this type of farming is so unlike everything else in the game. It's annoying as hell, there's absolutely no other reward while doing it (unless you feel like stockpiling grodkul for some reason). 30 wisps in 50 minutes sounds like a horrible way to spend those 50 minutes.

"Running the bounty twice" means that few would bother re-running a bounty before it refreshes because of the standing not being rewarded. And most people have jobs and school so logging in every 2 hours to play the bounties is not really an option.

2 minutes ago, HunterX7X said:

"Running the bounty twice" means that few would bother re-running a bounty before it refreshes because of the standing not being rewarded

I mean, if you are only going to run a bounty for standing, why bring it up?

The reward is not fantastic, but you can get 2 wisps every wave. For a total of 10 each run (if you are lucky). 

4 minutes ago, HunterX7X said:

Farming things like Argon Crystals and Orokin cells are fun because it's during missions and you're enjoying it while getting affinity/focus and other loot.

For me, personally, I find farming wisps more fun than Argon Crystals and Orokin Cells. I would be lying if I said I enjoyed farming for either Argon Crystals or Orokin Cells. But running a few 3 - 4 minute rings around PoE. That is hardly a problem.

Cetus Wisp farming (when done right) is also far more rewarding than Argon Crystal farming. I often will go into the void looking for two argon crystals, and it takes 20 minutes to find them. I could have found up to 30 or so Cetus Wisps in this time (assuming 5 wisps per run).

Just a quick sanity check: are you using loot detector mods, and an Itzal archwing or other fast warframe?

Finding wisps in the plains shouldn't be hard at all.  I've ended up getting over 50 by just running bounties and happening across the wisps (or my squadmates finding and marking them).  Of course, that was over the course of a number of bounties that I did not keep track of.  My point being that you should pretty much be able to still happen upon wisps by just doing bounties.

3 minutes ago, krc473 said:

Cetus Wisp farming (when done right) is also far more rewarding than Argon Crystal farming. I often will go into the void looking for two argon crystals, and it takes 20 minutes to find them. I could have found up to 30 or so Cetus Wisps in this time (assuming 5 wisps per run).

Same for me.  At least I know where to look for the Cetus Wisps.  Argon is as RNG as it gets, without an actual guarantee of it spawning from what I've seen.  I can load into the plains and almost guarantee finding 6 wisps if I'm focused on it, or just quick-running to find 2-4 around the major lake.

Get thief's wit, loot detector and animal's instinct

Get Itzal.

Fly around lakes and ponds.

Whenever you see resource dot near water on the map - press 2 (it'll stop archwing immediatly)

Check if it's wisp

Pick up.

You may buff yourself with resource booster and Smeeta Kavat. If I'm lucky to get Smeeta's resource buff during bounties - I just quit whatever I'm doing and go to wisp farming. With boosters it may lead you to 12 wisps or even more

Just now, Nighttide77 said:

Does Itzal's Cosmic Crush still pick up wisps or no?  Cuz...that power is pretty handy for catching the thingies, too, and making it quick.

I found it buggy for some reason, so I just don't try. Maybe it does

18 minutes ago, krc473 said:

For me, personally, I find farming wisps more fun than Argon Crystals and Orokin Cells

The key difference being that you need just 2 argon crystals to craft something compared to 30 wisps, which is why I seriously feel the crafting requirements for wisps should be reduced. I don't personally have an issue with wisps and collecting them (found it rather enjoyable initially), I have an issue with how many times it needs to be done.
 But in terms of gameplay preferences, to each his own.

13 minutes ago, Nesit1 said:

Get thief's wit, loot detector and animal's instinct

Done all of it, followed all the guides, bloody hate every second of it.

15 minutes ago, Nighttide77 said:

I've ended up getting over 50 by just running bounties and happening across the wisps

Yeah me too, but that's barely enough if you're considering arcanes. I was focused on building the zaw arcanes and that came to a crashing halt after seeing the hundreds of wisps I'd need to farm for those and the amps put together (and then there's operator arcanes). 

Edited by HunterX7X
typo

2 minutes ago, HunterX7X said:

The key difference being that you need just 2 argon crystals to craft something compared to 30 wisps

I was able to acquire a usable amount of Wisps faster than 2 argon crystals.

In my opinion, the wisp farm vs. requirement is fine. For me, I do not mind just running around getting them in PoE. But, I agree with you, this is completely subjective. Some people will hate it, others wont.

4 hours ago, HunterX7X said:

"Running the bounty twice" means that few would bother re-running a bounty before it refreshes because of the standing not being rewarded. And most people have jobs and school so logging in every 2 hours to play the bounties is not really an option.

The old schools and job argument. You do know... many of us don't run bounties for standing... like at all. Many just fish up our standing. I run bounties to get specific types of loot. And, you can solo all of them. Takes very little time to do so unless you are purposely impairing yourself.

I also want to point out that you really don't need to do more than assemble one amp. Getting higher amp parts is not more damage, and doesn't even guarantee better parts. Each part offers something different but mixing and matching will turn out far better than attempting to rush to the end and get all the top parts.

Edited by ChampionSheWolf

31 minutes ago, ChampionSheWolf said:

Eh? I have a stock pile of them now, because I don't need every amp in the world made. So no idea what you mean with this.

Im playing on console so POE started not a long ago, i need tons of them to build the Plauge Star arcanes , Or any arcane that you put on operator

36 minutes ago, (PS4)LH_LielHarush said:

Im playing on console so POE started not a long ago, i need tons of them to build the Plauge Star arcanes , Or any arcane that you put on operator

Actually, it's only Exodia (zaw) arcanes that take Cetus wisps. Amp and operator arcanes do not take them. The amps themselves do, and some operator cosmetics.

It really is mostly the zaw arcanes that just take a pretty silly 100 wisps for a set. The stupid eidolon gems are what's required for ALL of the arcanes, which are also annoying and tedious to acquire. They're what I used most of my operation standing on, and what makes the operation's wisp cost seem so comparatively high; it's the same as gems despite needing way more of the wisps for the things that take them.

Edited by OvisCaedo

I never specifically farm for wisps. I pick them up by coincidence while doing OTHER things on the Plains. Doing bounties, running from lakes to ponds to oceans for fishing, during Teralysts battles, etc.   That is where most of my Wisps have come from, by pure chance. Having Loot Radar and/or thief's paired with Animal Instinct on your companion is a highly recommendable must in your gear when travelling the plains IMHO.

If you go out in the plains for the sole purpose of farming Wisps, you will burn out fast.
I take it you weren't around during the last POE operation event when you could just buy wisps with the operation standing?  Well, there will be more of these in the future, be sure to not miss them. I bought 250 wisps, effectively eliminating my need to ever needing them again. I have crafted everything I wanted that requires wisps (and eidolon gems) thanks to that operation.

• 1 month later...

Okay so I'm not sure if the RNG is just trolling me hard or what... but is anyone else having trouble farming them LATELY? Like the last few days? I've spent all night (irl) and like 10 night cycles (in poe) and I have gotten  6from one run then none in the following...

Do you need to be in a bounty? Have completed one?

The run I got some we'd killed an eidelon, but MANY other times (a month ago when last I played) They spawned everywhere randomly and I DO NOT remember them being ANYWHERE near this hard to farm.

All these posts and comments about it being hard are from months ago when I had no difficulty, now, they're more rare than Argon, Nitain and that oculist you needa scan to start Natah -_-,

They should be tradable just like gems are.  I started buying gems to avoid this grind.  

Buy some plat or play like you want, trade your gear, then buy what want.  Heck, you can buy arcanes.  

But I do agree, I do not enjoy wisp farming.  If I get a log in resource booster, I'll spend at least 20 minutes stocking up.  

Another option is to have that little kid trade them for standing just like he did on infested mission.  That would allow you to play bounties, or even fish, then trade in for wisps, gems, etc.  

That should be permanent feature.  Especially since you get to a point on PoE where there is nothing left to buy and standing is useless.

Edited by Educated_Beast

i combined my my Sentirum, Nyth and Wisp farm. I just run full circle along that massive lake with my advanced cutter out with Loki, will cut whatever gems I come across on that path and will most likely pick up 2-4 wisps per run...

EDIT : Forgot to mention that I take a smeeta kavat with me for increased drops when buff is active

Edited by Beastly_ZA

1 hour ago, Educated_Beast said:

That should be permanent feature.  Especially since you get to a point on PoE where there is nothing left to buy and standing is useless.

Yes please, the only thing worth getting with standing after you get everything is the PoE Captura Scene to sell for plat. Surprise a lot of people do this, so it sells extremely slow and they're starting to build up. If there were Cetus Wisps available through Suum Bat for 10k each my standing would be gone in an instant and I would probably make it a point to get my Ostron standing for the day.

Questions :

1. IS there specific time to get wisp or anytime as long near water ?

Myu experience :

1. I agree most weapon take 2 argon max 2 craft = 40 mins or 2 high level orokin mission survival or 20 wave def guarantee for 1.

2. If you guys say it takes you 5 mins to do the lvl 40 full mission dats impossible.

If you can you show a vido to do it in 5 mins you will get alot from youtube.

3 minutes ago, rudman88 said:

Questions :

1. IS there specific time to get wisp or anytime as long near water ?

They have a considerably higher spawn rate at night.

That also means for efficient farming you'd have to sacrifice your precious Eidolon hunting time.