Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cetus Wisps have wrecked this game for me

HunterX7X

11 hours ago, (PS4)Aerik93 said:

it’s not as if just anyone has that much Platinum to throw away, or as if they’re not saving it to buy something nice for themselves or a friend.

You need someone to gift you a Resource Booster?

[ My initial comment was in response for the Topic posting, but I am glad to know that others have suggested to use a Resource Booster too.]

On 12/9/2017 at 6:55 PM, HunterX7X said:

30 cetus wisps required for the Tier 1 amp, 45 for Tier 2,  and 60 for Tier 3. 100 for each maxed arcane, zaw or operator, of which there are loads.

What the bloody hell?!

The highest level bounty may give you 2, and it's rare to run more than two of those bounties in a day. There are so many maps and guides out there to farm cetus wisps that have you running around the plains scanning every body of water over and over so that you can get maybe 3 from a run. I don't want to spend my leisure time running circles around the plains while gaining nothing else and having no fun whatsoever. It's a mind-numbingly tedious and boring task that have turned what were initially cute little fairy things into the something I now dread. 

Warframe is about space ninjas killing things, not running a hundred circles around the plains. I've rage-quit three items now after spending ages running searching for these stupid things and getting nowhere near how much I need to craft an amp (I've already collected and used 100).

Wisp requirements need to be cut to a third to make it fair. having to get 9-20 to craft an entire amp would at least make it a fun diversion from the game. But having to spend hours running circles when you could be mowing down hundreds of grineer is bullS#&$.

Cheers

I agree, the grind on PoE is rediculous.  Its way over the top.  To build a set of everyting available atm would require approximately 1500 wisps.  At 3ish per lap its a nightmare.  Very very boring and tedious.  Mining and fishing are just as bad.  What should have been happy casual diversions are now compulsory hours and hours and hours of non-challenging, repetitive, and for the most part non-rewarding grind.

23 hours ago, (PS4)Dokejema said:

BC for some reason, PC players can up to EIGHT (8) per find... I've watched dozens of videos and everytime I see a PC player hunting, he/she gets anywhere between 2 & 8.. wtf??

I kid you not, I have gotten about at most 3 for every "run."  I have my Loot Radar going (Thief's Wit), I have a fast warframe, I have a Smeeta kavat, I've even tried putting Loot Detector in the Aura slot (Along with Theif's wit) and nope.. it's still the same, I have run around countless times, day time, night time, dusk, or dawn.. Either I have the absolute worst luck, or I'm doing something wrong... and I don't believe either applies. I've playing since this game first came to PS4 and never have I had something so totally ridiculous to find, than Cetus Wisps... and just so u know,  I nevery play without a resource booster going. From bounties, if it's offered, and it's selected as a prize by the game, I still ONLY get ONE!!.

I can confirm this as a ps4 player.  The average is about 3 per lap, and only if you search every single lake on the map

3 hours ago, (PS4)Fairfied said:

I agree, the grind on PoE is rediculous.  Its way over the top.  To build a set of everyting available atm would require approximately 1500 wisps.  At 3ish per lap its a nightmare.  Very very boring and tedious.  Mining and fishing are just as bad.  What should have been happy casual diversions are now compulsory hours and hours and hours of non-challenging, repetitive, and for the most part non-rewarding grind.

That's just it...

YOU DON'T NEED EVERYTHING.

And this is coming from an MR 21 player.

hace 59 minutos, Almagnus1 dijo:

So, it evens out over enough runs...

But that's RNG for ya =/

Except when it doesn't. I've done a total of 12 laps now since I've seen even one cetus wisp, and I got more wisps from bounties than dedicated farming for them

Edited by LabMan95

3 hours ago, LabMan95 said:

Except when it doesn't. I've done a total of 12 laps now since I've seen even one cetus wisp, and I got more wisps from bounties than dedicated farming for them

Well it's either a discrepancy between PC and console or you entered the Plains during the day, as many said more wisps spawn at night and I can attest, I usually get one or maybe 2 at most during the day but at least 3 (sometimes up to 5, some even said they found 7) during the night 

If gate loading is an issue, try to join a calm channel on Cetus before entering the plains, works for me even if I don't have a top end PC

hace 4 horas, lightvee dijo:

Well it's either a discrepancy between PC and console or you entered the Plains during the day, as many said more wisps spawn at night and I can attest, I usually get one or maybe 2 at most during the day but at least 3 (sometimes up to 5, some even said they found 7) during the night 

If gate loading is an issue, try to join a calm channel on Cetus before entering the plains, works for me even if I don't have a top end PC

2 of those runs were at night. I still had 2 complete run throughs at night searching for gems and wisps (since multitasking is how I usually deal with grind) and didn't find one wisp

Edited by LabMan95

2 minutes ago, LabMan95 said:

2 of those runs were at night. I still had 2 complete run throughs at night searching for gems and wisps (since multitasking is how I usually deal with grind) and didn't find one wisp

You're doing it wrong.  Put on loot detection mods and fly around in your Itzal sucking them up.

28 minutes ago, LabMan95 said:

Yeah, wisp runs must be exclusively done as a wisp run because the wisps will fly away after being there a certain amount of time.

You absolutely have to speed run that route with loot detection or what you're seeing is expected.  That's also why I posted my Nova wisp farming build.

Edited by Almagnus1

hace 1 hora, Almagnus1 dijo:

Yeah, wisp runs must be exclusively done as a wisp run because the wisps will fly away after being there a certain amount of time.

You absolutely have to speed run that route with loot detection or what you're seeing is expected.  That's also why I posted my Nova wisp farming build.

I didn't know that. Good to know it's not possible to do anything else when you're farming wisps

23 hours ago, (XB1)ADRENALIN said:

i just ran it as you guys suggested and in 20 minutes i found ONE wisp on my speed volt!!

maybe there is a game difference between console and computer users..

Did you do it during the day or night time?  More recently, I think spawn rates have changed.  Earlier last week I was going after them and only found up to 2 during the day, and then up to 5 or 6 at night.

Yeah cetus wisp farming is very annoying and I agree that the requirements for them on the arcanes and amp parts are a bit high for something rng-based. Its true that some runs I get a bit and others I dont get more than one. Furthermore for them to be more available at night is just really annoying (as well as the most valuable fishes). I always seem to run out of them. But I suppose its because I am not prioritizing farming them. I agree that farming for argon and orokin cells is more rewarding to me. I would prefer for them to have an action involved in getting them or added to the drop tables of PoE enemies as an example instead of heavy RNG based spawns or rewards in the bounty drop tables (of which I dont do to farm for them because relics are more profitable) 

I think it is designed to take a while to max everything that you want out, that way the content actually lasts and players don't go running back to DE within a month complaining that they have nothing to do.

Just farm them as an after thought and by the time you actually need the stuff that you want to craft you will have most of the resources, don't rush the content.

If you want to rush through the content though just stick all the equipment on that will help you find the cetus wisps faster.

Cetus wisps are the only thing keeping me from building full sets of ALL the exodias.

It's a combination of them probably being both the most time-consuming grind as well as (imo) the most boring grind of all the PoE resources.

I would say the solution would be to move cetus wisps up to the common tier of bounty rewards, increase the drop rate from bounties, and increase their spawn rate out in the wild.

The worst part of Wisps isn't even the amount needed, just how absolutely dull the grind for them is. You don't get them from killing mobs, you don't get them from easily visible resource nodes you can find across most of the map, no, they're tiny little things only found in very specific locations across the map with an uncommon spawn rate that also DISAPPEAR if you don't immediately grab them after entering a vague proximity. The farm for Wisps is literally taking your fastest frame and loading Plains -> speedrun lake route -> load Cetus -> load Plains -> repeat ad infinitum. And then you need TONS of them to build Amps and arcanes. It is possibly THE most boring grind in the game.

It's a good thing I don't care about arcanes, the amps alone have put me off anything involving wisps for life.

1 hour ago, Madotsuki said:

The worst part of Wisps isn't even the amount needed, just how absolutely dull the grind for them is

That's the biggest problem I have with wisps. The grind is boring and you pretty much have to just run around the lakes on the plains like a madman to get any. Sure, you can mine gems on the way, which I highly recommend, but that also makes you more inefficient at farming the wisps themselves.

On 9.12.2017 at 7:01 AM, krc473 said:

I assume you realise that the bounties can reward up to 10 each. If you chose to run the bounty twice, that’s more your fault than DE’s.

Let's just give some facts on that matter:

Bounties can only reward a maximum of 8 Cetus Wisps as they can't appear on the first stage.

The chance to get 8 wisps from a single bounty is about 0.1%.

The average amount you'll get per full T5 bounty is 1.436 wisps.

All in all, I'd say that this is not a very effective way for getting wisps, considering that you're typically going to spend 15-20 minutes per bounty.

While the haters are prolly gonna deride the RNG in this clip, I wanted to see how long it would take me to do a Wisp run... warts and all.

<edit: video pulled cause FFSplit slide showed it and I didn't watch it prior to upload cause I'm a noob >.>

It's not entirely optimal (as you could easily cut out the far north lake) but hopefully it shows that even someone that's as cringe-worthy at Nova as I am can still do the wisp run in a rather short amount of time... and a good Nova player could prolly shave at least half a minute (or more) off of this run.

The key with wisp running is picking a good route, and then doing like a run or two a day...  unless you really like doing this and want to sit and spend a Saturday grinding wisps and seeing how many you can farm.

Edited by Almagnus1

Recently I decided to throw a res chance booster and skydiving using Archwing. I fly random routes between places I found Wisps, as they have their fixed spots. Also while doing that, i can easily spot them. After a while you get to know every lake and the usual loot. If one of them is out of place, it might be a wisp and to 80% it actually is a wisp, not a stray box. 

Doing that on the default Archwing, as I don't have enough Ox, it's a bit more effort but if I can't find any wisp I just leave PoE and reenter it. Nets me between 2 or 4 or even 6 on good flights. Approx a lap should take a minute or less. Wisp despawn is ~10 to ~15 sec approx. 

17 minutes ago, (PS4)cdzbrbr said:

Casuals at it again, they didn't wanna raid. Now they don't wanna farm.

I'd rather not talk about raids since that is unrelated to this discussion.

However, I think a lot of us here have no issues with spending a good bit of time farming for stuff. The issue with cetus wisps in particular is that it is some of the most mundane, boring gameplay I've ever encountered in this game. There has been crazy grind in the game before (thinking about past events), the difference was that, with those events, at least I was able to shoot stuff and go through warframe's general gameplay.

On 3/19/2018 at 10:23 PM, Almagnus1 said:

That's just it...

YOU DON'T NEED EVERYTHING.

And this is coming from an MR 21 player.

That's not the point! I'm MR24 I try to get everything, to know what every does and I can help my clan and those who just ask questions. But, the point is, to advance in the Quills you need Cetus Wisps, and they are RIDICULOUS to farm, especially on consoles. Saw a video on YouTube of a PC player who was getting EIGHT (I'm not joking) everytime he picked just ONE up! ????

Edited by (PS4)Dokejema