Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

About warframe market and rivens mods overpriced..

EvilDarknessAlien

free market, they specify a price or an ammount of platinum they find fair and then you decide if you want to buy them or not.

I assume that you, like many others can think by their own head on what they want and how much they are willing to spend. Or do others specify the budget for you?

Edited by KIREEK

And thats all it is. People setting it to a number they want to / think they can sell at. Just because people mark rivens that high doesn't mean every single one is sold ever at said price. If someone wants to pay to buy a riven that high thats them. Its a free market. People need to ignore what people are ASKING for and actually go on with their business because in reality its not hurting anyone in the end aside rustling your jimmies.

Edited by Cmdr-A

I've never understood why this is the thing people choose to have an issue with.

Dropping 1000p for a great Riven is usually a MASSIVE upgrade to the weapon.

Dropping 800p for Ember Prime which is barely an upgrade at all and would struggle to even be called power creep.

But yeah, the Rivens are the over priced ones lol.

Honestly doesn't bother me the audacity of some charging what they will on some rivens.Personally I never spent over a 100 plat on a riven and never will.The annoying thing is see'n the same people day in and day out posting on trade chat and basically cluttering the chat up.Get a clue after 3-4 days posting that riven at that $&*&*#(%&  price(sorry but askin $500-$1000 equivalent in plat is $&*&*#(%&)  isn't budging its gonna stay that way.What's sad more than half the time the riven is in my opinion junk and the next post has another guy linking a riven for same wep at a fraction of what the delusional guy is askin and that riven is better. lol

1 hour ago, Miser_able said:

They aren't overpriced if people are willing to buy them, so until people stop paying those ridiculous prices they won't down. 

Pretty much this...
 I don' like the prices, so I don't buy them, if ppl are going to pay that much, that is their choice and that is what creates the market the prices themselves as high as they are.

Edited by Carnage2K4

Just how the market is. I've pricechecked numerous times to get a rough idea and I'll get anywhere from 200-2000p. If i post it for a certain amount i almost everytime get someone telling me its overpriced and telling me its trash. Just the other day he followed up with "i hope you die from cancer". 

Market is #*($%%@ up atm 

My advice OP since I'm guessing you wanted a riven, but it costed too much for you:

If you buy rivens with plat: buy trash versions of those rivens to save you plat>buy a 30 day double resource booster with the plat you saved from buying all those trash rivens>farm kuva to your heart's content.

30 days should be enough to get a decent amount of your rivens to having good stats.

Those high prices are usually reserved for rivens with great stats, something in high demand, or just people trying to inflate prices and make a larger profit.

The time it takes you to farm items that you can sell, sit in trade chat getting the amount of plat for those high priced rivens, and finding sellers with the rivens you want with the stats you want would most of the time be more than just buying any riven for that weapon selling for the lowest price, grab a double resource booster and smeeta, and reroll it yourself (at least from my experience, I'm sure if your extremely unlucky and rng hates you when it comes to rerolls, it would take around the same amount of time).

Hope this helps!

Edited by EtherealSlasher

A seller has all right to hold out until they find a buyer willing to purchase their Riven. 

I think players that want other players to sell their items for cheap are the bold ones. If I can get 1000p for a Riven, who are you to tell me to sell it to you for much less? Just so you can enjoy it? Why should I get less plat because you have an issue or are jealous? 

It's a free market. If a player is truly overpricing their items, they won't ever sell. It regulates itself. If I want to wait a week to make a 1k plat sale, that's my right. 

Try wftrader.com - it's a site for riven trading. There are a lot of cheap ones with terrible stats on there. I'd say it's better for buyers than for sellers, because there are so many dang rivens for sale. I haven't had any luck selling my trash rivens, but I did manage to sell an Akstiletto riven.