Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Stop Shoving Parkour in Our Faces

MystiKasT

I have seen a lot of pointless complaint threads in these forums but this one has to be the most ridiculous. Without the movement system its not warframe. 

46 minutes ago, Zahnny said:

But no seriously, try playing this game with a Stamina bar.

Yeah you really want to bang your head on the wall in fake rage? Go back to these days. On a related note that was the last time i used fang prime. Kinda wish they could get some love to make them viable again.

I think the problem with some of warframe's level designs is that there isn't ENOUGH opportunity to use the parkour system. A lot of corridors and winding tunnels in certain tilesets become nothing more than a bullet-jump-roll festival where you go at high speeds and don't even need to look up or down to navigate them. Warframe has the most fluid movement and parkour system ever and it makes all their older parkour challenges too easy, since they were originally designed to be done with a stamina bar, wallrunning and a limited wall climb with no wall-grappling attached to it. If you can't figure out that bullet jumping is literally the easiest way to maneuver anything, this game probably isn't your style.

hqdefault.jpg

20 hours ago, MystiKasT said:

From the MR tests to Maroo's treasure hunt; we get it, you designed a cool parkour system.

Stop forcing it upon us for things we need in-game; it is frustrating and annoying.  I am not playing this game to do flips and jumps -- if I wanted that -- I'd play tony hawk.

1386005708294.jpg

On 12/13/2017 at 1:52 AM, MystiKasT said:

I am not playing this game to do flips and jumps -- if I wanted that -- I'd play tony hawk.

I...wasn't aware we could use skateboards in warframe. Also...how can parkour be hard for you in this game, i play with a controller and it feels natural to parkour for me. No issues. Be happy you weren't there in the old days with how it was back then when DE really ook that "Ninjas play for free" slogan to heart. Dear god. Parkouring with a controller then was doable but such a damn chore. Now we are jumpy floaty bunnies.

Dude you’re literally complaining because you’re refusing to improve yourself. The point of the mastery tests is to - guess what - test you. If you’re not good enough to get to the next mastery rank then you should just keep trying until you can do it. If you don’t want to do that, then just enjoy the rest of the game since that’s apparently what you’re into just regular ole third person shooter.

Le 13/12/2017 à 01:52, MystiKasT a dit :

From the MR tests to Maroo's treasure hunt; we get it, you designed a cool parkour system.

Stop forcing it upon us for things we need in-game; it is frustrating and annoying.  I am not playing this game to do flips and jumps -- if I wanted that -- I'd play tony hawk.

We are space ninja ... the parkour mechanique is the base of ninja and i love it so your not in the good game

В 13.12.2017 в 07:58, MystiKasT сказал:

we should force it upon players and lock content behind it if they aren't good at it...

Also not good at thinking because you don't have to use it. Use literally any frame from Titania to Wukong and Nova that have a movement ability or operator's void dash.

If you don't like to move around a lot this game isn't for you. It's designed to go fast and move around alot.

On 12/12/2017 at 7:55 PM, (PS4)dursereg said:

Your lucky you have parlour 2.0. Og parlour tests were damn hard with a controller and you couldn't pratice before taking the test.

I actually miss OG Parkour though.  Aside from Bullet Jumping, which was a godly addition - I miss the likes of wallrunning the most.

There are even some maps designed around Parkour 1.0 still - there one where the wall is shaped like:    ---_----_---  wherein the dotted line is the outside wall, and the underscores are the inner part, that wal in specific was designed to be run along, now with the current bunny hopping it's nearly impossible to perform properly so everybody just bullet jump + glides.

The old parkour system was admittedly slowed and more clunky... but overall it was thematically better for the game.

I kind of get where the OP is coming from.

When I first tried Warframe around U7, I was attracted and hooked by the visual style and the fact you could run or sneak around with different weapons and wield suits of armor that conveyed unique and interesting abilities. That, honestly, IS the core of the game. I discovered that there was some parkour incorporated and while neat, I was happy that it wasn't a requirement. 

As someone said before me, I miss Parkour 1.0, particularly wall-running. The old system was admittedly slower and a tad cumbersome, but it suited the game better. That said, bullet jumps and aim-jumps / glides are pretty sweet.

The problem I can see some people having are the extreme parkour that we sometimes have to go through to get at something. Thankfully it's limited to Maroo's void puzzles and MR tests, but I can see how frustrating pulling off tricky maneuvers can be, especially when you're pressured by a timer...it can really fluster some people and I agree that the NEED for parkour should be kept to a minimum for those that have difficulty with it. The thing that I liked about Warframe in the beginning was how it accommodated and appealed to a wide range of players....and I think it should continue to do so.

I really dislike it when people respond to posts like this with "git gud" or "play something easier" or "this isn't your kinda game" comments. Comments like that are condescending, presumptuous, needlessly disparaging and ignorant. To those of you that say "ninjas are all about parkour"....that's very short sighted and not everyone will agree with you on that. Arguably, Ninjas are about using a wide range of skills, abilities and tools to reach a target and eliminate it.

So stop jumping down people's throats because they don't measure up to your elite standards.