The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

CHROMA EXPLOIT NEEDS TO STOP

(XBOX)CYPHERMAN

OP, I'll agree that Chroma does an outrageous amount of damage with a maximized Vex Armor. It's for this reason alone that Chroma is a one man starkiller, but that's effectively all there is to Chroma besides stacking insane amounts of armor. Prior to the Plains of Eidolon you'd see Chroma being played infrequently and now he's the meta for teralyst hunts. This shouldn't be interpreted as something negative because Chroma is playing directly to a niche; to kill bosses or other enemies with high effective health. Even if you don't find my argument convincing, consider that a team outfitted with Rhino's Roar, Oberon's Smite Infusion, Adarza kavats and radiation weapons practically achieves the same results. 

To be candid for a moment, I think you're still a relatively new player or you need to expand your approach to this game. I have the privilege of regularly scoring nine to ten captures per night cycle with my dedicated team and, believe it or not, we have never fielded a Chroma thanks to the setup I mentioned above. Would a Chroma effectively replace two loadouts on our team? Sure, nobody can argue the opposite because it's so obvious that a one-shot capability is ridiculous, but remember there is more than one solution to a question instead of shortcutting to declaring that something is an exploit.

Edited by Sean.bdfc
Fixed "...interpreted as a something..."

Chroma is build to take damage and deal damage. That person most likely has a powerful riven and has modded Chroma to do just that 1 shot an Eidolon Limb. 

What i want to know is why do you think this is an exploit? When there are several frames that can do this? Octavia to name one.

Don't forget that if you let some vomvalysts (I think it's three at the same time) get near the eidolon, they're going to slowly regenerate its shield.

19 minutes ago, (PS4)iQuedas said:

Don't forget that if you let some vomvalysts (I think it's three at the same time) get near the eidolon, they're going to slowly regenerate its shield.

The thing to look out for there is a roar he does.
If he roars and flashes blue that means he is telling nearby vomvalysts to start restoring his shields.
If he roars and flashes red that means he is telling summoning more vomvalysts and telling them to get more aggressive and buff them slightly.

So if you ever see him roar and flash blue focus on all of the vomvalysts in the area, because while even one is linked to him you can't take down his shields and they'll be slowly regenerated.

On 20/12/2017 at 5:47 AM, Nazrethim said:

My half modded Chroma has enough damage buff to oneshot the limbs while my fully modded Rhino does at most 1/4th of the limbs health in damage.

In this there is a purpose. Rhino can give flat, squad-wide damage buffs, but because it's squad-wide it's not as good as Chroma who can only do that for himself.

Try that Rhino build again, but make sure you buff your whole team and have them fire together, same weapons, same place, you'll actually see about the same result as Chroma's personal buff.

If you really want to get something done that's team oriented though, take your Rhino and bring along an Oberon with his Smite Infusion augment, not only can he heal you consistently if you do get hurt, but he'll also give you more armour for Iron Skin, prevent the Teralyst's EMP burst from proc'ing magnetic if you're on his lawn, and whatever damage you're dealing he'll add at least 200% extra damage onto it as Radiation, which the Teralyst armour is weaker against.

Sadly the opticor not hitting the weak spots of the teralyst is an issue of the opticor. Opticor has a small Aoe on impact, if that aoe hits any part of the teralyst that isn't weak spot it nulls the shot. This is actually an issue with lephantis, corrupted vor, and Lech Krill As well. 

Yeah punish people for using better ways than yours. We should also make Loki's radial disarm deal 12 gazillions of dmg, it's not fair that other frames can decimate enemies with their 1st, 2nd or 3rd but Loki's 4th only turns them into british cops.

If you don't use the best tools for a specific situation because you don't have them, then get them, if you don't want to use them even tho you have them, then you need to deal with it, because the problem here is you.