Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

what will happen to maiming strike in 2k18

--Daiisukee--

3 minutes ago, Laveillon said:

We are living in 2017/2018, not in 200018...

Actually, i am looking forward to a new-ish damage system, because i am curious, and i like the way other forum users rage instantly about stuff, but not providing a solution.

because its not live yet we cant tell but from the looks of it , it will be messy  

1 minute ago, --Daiisukee-- said:

because its not live yet we cant tell but from the looks of it , it will be messy  

Hey, i read that topic as well, and i have common sense too. I just pointed out, that people tend to rage, instead of searching solutions, or came up with suggestions so absurd, i lose my sides while kek.

10 minutes ago, Laveillon said:

We are living in 2017/2018, not in 200018...

Actually, i am looking forward to a new-ish damage system, because i am curious, and i like the way other forum users rage instantly about stuff, but not providing a solution.

Which means that your reading comprehension is lacking. People proposed a bunch of ideas, including allowing Puncture procs to bypass a certain amount of armour, or causing sonar-style weakpoints, or making repeated Impact procs cause damage vulnerability.

1 minute ago, BornWithTeeth said:

Which means that your reading comprehension is lacking.

Tell me where you saw me include the good ideas..? I was talking purely about the useless videos and posts.

Since DE never cease to amaze me with their ideas, reasoning, and after a lot of feedback, the finetuning, i fear not. I just enjoy watching/reading idiotic people, who receive a lot of like and subscribe for little to no effort.

Also, if you felt insulted, please accept my apology, it was no intentional.

2 minutes ago, Laveillon said:

Tell me where you saw me include the good ideas..? I was talking purely about the useless videos and posts.

Since DE never cease to amaze me with their ideas, reasoning, and after a lot of feedback, the finetuning, i fear not. I just enjoy watching/reading idiotic people, who receive a lot of like and subscribe for little to no effort.

Also, if you felt insulted, please accept my apology, it was no intentional.

You said that no-one provided solutions. Alternate mechanics were being suggested. 

Your post was factually incorrect.

Maiming Strike is fine, it is Blood Rush that has the issue.

Nearly every mod in the game that affects some stat of a weapon stacks additively with each other. For example having a maxed Serration and Heavy Caliber gives you 165% + 165% = 330% more damage.

However, Blood Rush (and Weeping Wounds) stack multiplicativly with other mods. This is why Blood Rush + Maiming Strike is such an insane combination. A 1.5x combo counter with Blood Rush and Maiming gives you 164% crit chance (with a 0% crit chance weapon). A 2x multiplier is a 238% crit chance. This is dumb.

There is a reason that mods work additively, it is because if they multiplied each others values it would be absolutely absurd. Heavy Cal and Serration would mean (1+1.65)*(1+1.65) = 702% more damage, stacking four elementals (1+.9)^4 = 1303% more damage.

Just make Blood Rush work like every other mod in the game and add its value to other mods. Maiming Strike will still be powerful, guaranteed crits are always powerful, but it wont be so insanely powerful as to make a spin2win meta.

There is no sane arguement that you can give that the way Blood Rush works is balanced in any sense (And keep in mind that for everything not Maiming Strike, Blood Rush will remaining exactly the same)

TL;DR: Nerf Blood Rush, not Maiming Strike

Edited by DrBorris