Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe ADDICTION!

(PSN)rolandassassin

What to do? How to learn selfcontrol, this game consumes me.

I play for barely two months and iam mr14, completed starchart, ran a lot of sorties, earned a lot of plat, bought many vaulted things with that etc. I feel like thats extremely unhealthy speed of progression.

I just cant wait to trade, earn plat, buy new things to build new weapon, forma it and try it etc. etc.

But i realized my problem is with trading, since i started buying from EU and selling on NA plat just showers me. I spend much more time trading stupid nonexistent pixels instead of playing now. 

I feel like like iam wasting my time like in no other game before. My most played was Overwatch (2k hours) but atleast there i was constantly talking with friends and had actual fun and there was nothing to hunt me, so if got bored i stopped. But here when i want to stop there is new good alert, new trade, the never ending content devastates me in a way but i cant stop.

Advice? Should i train selfcontrol or just do radical change like gift everything away and unnistall?

Games overall owned me, i was supersocial person, was bodybuilding and partying/meeting friends, getting girls /this stuff often. Then i got hurt by few close people and now iam here prefering to stare in trade chat then to accept friend invitation outside. I feel iam killing myself but except of this acknoledged feeling i do this for almost 2 years now (with ow before).

Do i need help? -.-

Sorry if it sounds like crypost, iam just honest. Thank you.

Edited by (PS4)rolandassassin

Warframe=Baeframe, you need not the frailties of the flesh that is friends when you could have the bullets that cut your greatest enemies the grineer/corpus/infested in half at the click of a mouse, abilities that destroy your enemies enough to make them wish they didnt just throw hordes of themselves in your general direction, fulfill your destiny become the tenno you were meant to be...

maybe try PoE farming? or move away from plat trading or trading as a whole for now? I mean all you need is plat for slots and that's about it really, you can focus on getting more frames and weps, doing sorties, farming relics, mods...etc. saying 'there's nothing to do' is the most untrue thing anyone could say about this game XD

self-control its more like set some goals you need to do each day, trying not to surpass them

example: don't stay into the pc more than twice per day, and each time you go to play warframe, don't stay more than 2 hours straight unless you don't really have anything more to do on that time, like make dinner or exercise yourself

another: your daily setting should be as effective as possible to allow you have more time outside of the game, so you can play until you fill the daily syndicate points/focus, talk with each other people that you know and stop for the rest of the day

people without goals don't have much self-control, since they just... follow their feelings, which can be really unpredictable based on what are you doing over these days

example: you can feel euphoric just because the Mirage Prime access arrived 2 weeks ago... and you will feel it again when the acolytes arrived today, just like you start feel depressed if the things you are doing over the course of the days are the same: trading with people on the chat and playing the same missions with the same setup, over and over again, expecting the results to change

Edited by Zeyez
doing the same actions, over and over again, expecting the results to change... damn RNG, i'm insane

40 minutes ago, (PS4)rolandassassin said:

i am here prefering to stare in trade chat then to accept friend invitation outside.

I know that feel. (for ages, lol)

Maybe try to get some of your friends who still mean something to you to play Wf with you?

Play if that's the most fun thing to you, you don't need anyone to dictate what you should do, if you don't want to go out just to be with fake friends then you shouldn't, care for the real ones only, everything else is a waste of time.

And don't even think about killing yourself whether it was serious or not, you live for yourself you decide what you want to do.

If you want to go out with your friends, you can still retain connection with them through the game or Skype.

If you have a depression, you can distract yourself with the grind, do something else only when you feel like it.

20 minutes ago, kgabor said:

I know that feel. (for ages, lol)

Maybe try to get some of your friends who still mean something to you to play Wf with you?

Play if that's the most fun thing to you, you don't need anyone to dictate what you should do, if you don't want to go out just to be with fake friends then you shouldn't, care for the real ones only, everything else is a waste of time.

And don't even think about killing yourself whether it was serious or not, you live for yourself you decide what you want to do.

If you want to go out with your friends, you can still retain connection with them through the game or Skype.

If you have a depression, you can distract yourself with the grind, do something else only when you feel like it.

Noooo its not that serious. Suicide never ever. I meant like “iam killing myself” like “wasting life”. Sorry english is not my native language.