The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Pirate theme loadout, need suggestions!

(PSN)JadedCthulhu

Question

Hey everyone! I've been playing a lot of Hydroid Prime and I really want to make a theme loadout for him. So far I've got the Zarr building for his primary (what pirate doesn't want a cannon!?) and th3 Destreza building for his melee. 

What I seem to be stuck on is a secondary weapon. My original though was Akbolto since they kinda look like flintlock pistols, though I'm wondering if there's any better.

Any help would be fantastic Tenno!

14 answers to this question

The Zarr (swivel gun), Tigris series (blunderbuss?) and the Quartakk (nock gun) are the closest approximation to piratical firearms in the Primary category, but with secondaries you have the Pyrana, the Euphona Prime, the Akbolto series, and the Twin Rogga all looking like flintlock pistols, and the Twin Rogga even functioning as such.

As far as melee weapons, there's the Nami Solo (maybe the Gazal Machete), the Nami Skyla Prime, or maybe the Dakra Prime or Dex Dakra. There actually is a case to be made for rapiers, as they certainly were used in that period, but they were too large to use on board a ship, so your best bet is anything that looks like a saber or cutlass, since there's no Warframe equivalent to boarding axes. You could maybe get away with a Dagger or Dual Daggers, though.

Don't bother with the Nami Solo unless you have Cyclone Kraken, by the way. Sundering Weave sucks so hard.

5 minutes ago, (PS4)JadedCthulhu said:

Hey everyone! I've been playing a lot of Hydroid Prime and I really want to make a theme loadout for him. So far I've got the Zarr building for his primary (what pirate doesn't want a cannon!?) and th3 Destreza building for his melee. 

What I seem to be stuck on is a secondary weapon. My original though was Akbolto since they kinda look like flintlock pistols, though I'm wondering if there's any better.

Any help would be fantastic Tenno!

Twin Roga is your best shot as krc473 mentioned. 
I am not quite sure what Pirate would take a cannon with him to the battle (zarr) but i'll leave that to you. as for Melee weapon, replace your rapier with Nami skila Prime. 
Nami skila is just perfect pirate theme melee weapon. No pirate is wielding rapier.

21 minutes ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

surprised nobody mentioned Kuva Chakkhurr

Could have something to do with this thread being 2 years older than Chakkhur.  Still, a mere tendency  of the time continuum to go one direction and not the other shouldn't completely absolve the participants from an  omission so grievous.

1 minute ago, Tiltskillet said:

Could have something to do with this thread being 2 years older than Chakkhur.  Still, a mere tendency  of the time continuum to go one direction and not the other shouldn't completely absolve the participants from an  omission so grievous.

ah.. well in my defense, there is a..... non-negligible amount of alcohol in my system, and I maybe, perhaps, possibly, didn't quite read the dates on the thread before posting. that's on me.

19 minutes ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

ah.. well in my defense, there is a..... non-negligible amount of alcohol in my system, and I maybe, perhaps, possibly, didn't quite read the dates on the thread before posting. that's on me.

Haha, it almost nailed me, and I don't even have the excuse of alcohol.  Yet.