The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What are the rarest mods in-game?

Question

I wanna start collecting mods, but I wanna start with the difficult/rarest ones.

Could you name a few mods that are CURRENTLY AVAILABLE as mission rewards/enemy drops and are also very rare/hard to come by? (No Primed Chamber or any mod that requires trading).

I got luck with transmutation and I got one Kinetic Diversion.

I'm currently working on Gladiator/Vigilante sets and Blazing Steel.

22 answers to this question

blazing steel or any AW mods aren't really that hard to come by tbh >.>

I'd say continuity, intensify, streamline and all of those newbie essential mods. you can sell them for 1p or give them out for free 

condition overload is also a pretty rare hard-to-come-by mod and is worth a lot 

It pains me that I actually had a Guardian Derision, and (when I was younger and stupider than I am now) sold if or traded it for something trivial when I didn't realize how rare it was. I know it's not in the Maiming Strike price level, but that was probably the only copy of that mod I'll ever see.

Thanks for the replies.

So far, I got the mods suggested here, except for Spring-Loaded Blade and many corrupted mods.
I somehow got 3 Guardian Derision tho.

Also, when I say rare, please take into account enemy spawn rate/mission completion time.
I can fight a lot of Prod Crewmen in 10min for Guardian Derision, but I can't fight a lot of Plains Commander or do 6 incursions in 10min for Spring-Loaded Blade.

Vengeful Revenant. Can't be easily farmed, since sentients are time limited (Solo you can spawn 2 every 5 minutes).

Guardian Derision . Low drop but HUGE spawn rate of enemies. So...not that rare.

Condition Overload/ Spring-Loaded Blade . Low drop and also low spawn rate, but transmutable.

Edited by DarkSkysz

1 hour ago, KnightOw7 said:

I got that mod a week or so ago and said, "Why would I want to do that?" When I read what it does. LOL!

1) Nyx with Assimilate, you can keep mobs off defense targets while charging your boom.

2) Ack and Brunt with Electromagnetic Shielding and a Chroma or Nyx.

3) Silva and Aegis with Avenging Truth

That's just off the top of my head. I've experimented with the first variant, works just fine.

3 hours ago, Emolition said:

wow didn't even know about that one and here I thought the maniac mod was hard to get with its legendary drop rate =P

You talking about Four Riders?

1 hour ago, FreeWilliam said:

1) Nyx with Assimilate, you can keep mobs off defense targets while charging your boom.

2) Ack and Brunt with Electromagnetic Shielding and a Chroma or Nyx.

3) Silva and Aegis with Avenging Truth

That's just off the top of my head. I've experimented with the first variant, works just fine.

Interesting. Thanks for the rundown. 

nothing mentioned is rare perse, everything is obtainable via normal gameplay, hardly rare, primed chamber doesnt count as its a dev given only mod that cant be acquired in game in any normal gameplay at all, guardian derision isnt hard to get, if you find it hard buy it on market, again isnt rare as market has 1000s of them, only 1 mentioned that might be difficult to acquire via normal gameplay is bite, but again isnt rare...rare implies hard to get , not often available, or just down right unobtainable, none of this applies to any mods in current game as it is, everything is easily obtained via gameplay or trading, so nothing is rare, if you can get into market and buy it...it isnt rare......if you can play game under normal circumstances and acquire mod....it isnt rare, if buying is only way you can acquire mod as its not in game such as primed chamber(which im not sure is tradeable anyway) that would be considered rare..so we have 1 mod in game considered rare as it doesnt drop in normal gameplay primed chamber

Edited by xXHobbitXx

On 1/5/2018 at 6:27 AM, Ham_Grenabe said:

It pains me that I actually had a Guardian Derision, and (when I was younger and stupider than I am now) sold if or traded it for something trivial when I didn't realize how rare it was. I know it's not in the Maiming Strike price level, but that was probably the only copy of that mod I'll ever see.

if it makes you feel any better, i did the same thing with maiming strike