Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Eidolon hunting and matchmaking

Antiphoton

I like hunting giant sentients in the plains, but after having tried doing it with a pug squad, I have to comment on a few things:

- We need to see what time is it on Cetus from the Orbiter. Currently the only way to know is going to Konzu and checking how long remains on the current bounty cycle, because even the sky can be misleading sometimes. This needs to be done even before you start spamming the recruitment chat.

- We need a dedicated matchmaking tool for this. Until you can come up with something else, at least you can split the free roam node for the Plains on Earth into two: when you click it, you will have to choose if you want to go into pure free roam, or preferably into an Eidolon hunting group (similar to how when a node has two or three different missions, you can choose if you want to do the regular version or the fissure, etc). You could make this option appear only during the night, also.

- Make lures invulnerable. Why do they even take damage? It's all unavoidable AOE, so it isn't as if we could save them if we made a bigger effort. The only thing you achieve when you make them take damage is that every single group will be looking for a Trinity, which will do nothing else than press 4 every few seconds.

11 minutes ago, Antiphoton said:

I like hunting giant sentients in the plains, but after having tried doing it with a pug squad, I have to comment on a few things:

If you join pubs, pls don't complain about pubs. If you want a better team, use the recruit-chat.

- We need to see what time is it on Cetus from the Orbiter. Currently the only way to know is going to Konzu and checking how long remains on the current bounty cycle, because even the sky can be misleading sometimes. This needs to be done even before you start spamming the recruitment chat.

It wouldn't be bad to see what time it is. But why don't you check one of the many sites with all the stats? http://deathsnacks.com/wf/index.html

- We need a dedicated matchmaking tool for this. Until you can come up with something else, at least you can split the free roam node for the Plains on Earth into two: when you click it, you will have to choose if you want to go into pure free roam, or preferably into an Eidolon hunting group (similar to how when a node has two or three different missions, you can choose if you want to do the regular version or the fissure, etc). You could make this option appear only during the night, also.

And then we get trolls, joining the Hunt-Node doing nothing... 

- Make lures invulnerable. Why do they even take damage? It's all unavoidable AOE, so it isn't as if we could save them if we made a bigger effort. The only thing you achieve when you make them take damage is that every single group will be looking for a Trinity, which will do nothing else than press 4 every few seconds.

I'm using my 4 only when the Eidolon turns red. I never lost a drone if they followed me. Sometimes they follow a team-mate, and he runs away from me into every attack. I think that doesn't count.
It's not problematic that lures take damage. If you lose lures, then you weren't prepared well enough.

Edited by WhiteMarker

2 minutes ago, WhiteMarker said:

If you join pubs, pls don't complain about pubs. If you want a better team, use the recruit-chat.

PUG means pick up group. That is, a group I picked in the recruit chat. Not sure what you mean.

3 minutes ago, WhiteMarker said:

But why don't you check one of the many sites with all the stats?

That's part of my feedback message: I consider that it is important to be able to see that info ingame.

4 minutes ago, WhiteMarker said:

And then we get trolls, joining the Hunt-Node doing nothing... 

We have trolls everywhere, does that mean we'd rather leave the game as it is and don't improve anything?

5 minutes ago, WhiteMarker said:

It's not problematic that lures take damage. If you lose lures, then you weren't prepared well enough.

I'm sorry, but I find your smugness absolutely unhealthy for this thread. "Prepared enough"? The only thing you need to be prepared is a Trinity. I'm not saying that lures taking damage is hard, I'm saying it is boring and it creates toxicity. Try joining a squad from the recruit chat and propose to do it without a Trinity, then come back here and tell me how prepared you are.

I agree it would be nice to have better in-game time indication for timed content, but the not with the rest of your requests.

If you can't handle the fight with a hand-picked squad from recruiting chat I don't even want to see your reaction to trying it with a randomly match-made group. For good reason we don't have random match-making for raids, either.

Last but certainly not least, there is no reason whatsoever for dumbing down the Teralyst capture, it's simple enough as it stands. Or rather, if you think a Trinity has it too easy (and she is hardly the only frame able to fill that role), shouldn't you be proposing to make the fight more difficult instead?

Edited by Snib

9 minutes ago, Snib said:

shouldn't you be proposing to make the fight more difficult instead?

Gladly. I'd love to see the fight remain as it is, but have lures being unaffected by Blessing. But I can't imagine that being well received.

Once again, my issue isn't with the fight itself, but rather with the fact that, considering how lures work, pugs demand that there is a Trinity.

1 minute ago, Antiphoton said:

Gladly. I'd love to see the fight remain as it is, but have lures being unaffected by Blessing. But I can't imagine that being well received.

Just what is it with you?
First you want the lure to be immune. Now you want them take damage but being unaffected by blessig.
Good thing you aren't in charge of the game.

5 minutes ago, Antiphoton said:

Once again, my issue isn't with the fight itself, but rather with the fact that, considering how lures work, pugs demand that there is a Trinity.

Well, it's a free world. If somebody hosts an eidolon hunting group and wants a certain frame it's their prerogative. Just as you are free to host your own and instead ask for an Oberon, Limbo, Nezha, Gara, Amesha or any other frame you can think of to fill that roll. You can try stacking Frost globes on the lures for all I care.

I really don't see how you'd be affected by the way other people play the game. I certainly don't see why you'd demand the game be changed to the way you prefer to play it when you already can.

Edited by Snib

12 hours ago, furturgamesliker said:

i don't know if this is a bad idea but maybe have our warframes as a type of lure like you throw a spear on the eidolon with your warframe and keep it grounded while you try to damage it with your operator

I want this!!!

Monster Hunter trap style😂

On 1/10/2018 at 11:50 AM, Antiphoton said:

i dunno its soloable just fine once you hit a certain level of options. no that doesn't mean "just chroma". it means a stock of shield osprey specters, ancient healer eximus specters, a big fakking gun and acceptance that solo you will only manage maybe a couple captures a night cycle compared to the "lets get 16(!) captures tonight guys!" groups.

if you are really gud, maybe you can snag a few more solo. biggest hurdle is really the fact that its so heavily gated for the shield takedowns 1 amp vs 4, and the auras(before for shield, now for 75-99% armor strippage without shattering impact bullpuckery timeloss).

i am not gud. i have captured solo seven times. been hosed out of reward twice. 5 times as solo chroma. 1 as octavia, 1 as ivara. none of those are trin.

arguing that the sheep who go by only what they've been told or seen in a video will want a trin, isn't saying much. its like saying my no listed stat riven is a "god riven". it is repetition without awareness or consideration of context or different goals or experiences and sometimes without even realizing those things may matter. 

a function of don't know what they don't know or don't care to take the limited effort to find out. this is one definition of meta. the default or fallback strategy to go for when communication or prep time is null or limited to hopefully cover all bases. the shilling point of the decision spectrum, not necessarily the objective optima.

did you know you could use those two specters to enable lures to survive multiple star falls and mag phases with NO HEALING AT ALL ? or simply void mode to skip the damage from the mag proc while your frame takes a stance of dominance atop the fallen eidolon in these scenarios while they cover the lures without some harrow 4 or amesha? (to say nothing of the hilarity that an ancient healer eximus specter will repeatedly try to hookshot the eidolon teralyst, just shows how aggressive those things ai is on using the hookline. sidenote, make sure to park them or they tend to run up into stompy stompy, sometimes with the hilarity of having the eidolon popping into the air trying to get OVER them, which is only funny the first time).

so you don't actually need a trin in a group either. just a way to apply dr and heal them if need be. if you don't want to blow rep on ancient healers for the damage reduction aura, then swap focus investment and blow vazarin dashes for the few seconds immunity and heal %, or unairu for stealthing them while void mode and applying dr to allied stealthed targets in range. hells i haven't tried it yet, but reasonable odds a vapor specter of a trin or similar might do something useful from time to time as well.

operators are a lot of powercreep by utility, not powercreep by slightly bigger smashy stick.

but putting all this aside, even if they put their standard matchmaking in so people could load into plains free roam and separately, plains eidolon hunt:

1- suddenly 4 harrow or 4 trin or 4 chroma together with no way to switch except leaving plains, which in turn bones the benefit of the matchmaking node. it can work, but people won't bother.

2- no locked intent. kill? or capture? is this a 4 mote amp squad with no idea how to do it proper or a 212 313 222 323 group with rank 4 arcanes on everything etc? rng again.

see the thing is the game had this core principle that all content must be soloable without requiring specific frame or weapons. so while some might not work well or at all, nothing should ever be this MUST be used. its okay if it makes it much easier or less intense than other options, but never over the line to mandatory.

technically this should be doable by an excal, or a loki with a redeemer( in my eidolon kill test phase i had some success with ivara and redeemer, needs better damage mods or its too slow generally but it can manage an eidolon kill), but its gonna be a lot more work.

about the only thing the game doesn't offer tools, seemingly many various paths and tools, to work around in this scenario is the timer you mentioned.

its legitimately the only thing i could get behind, if for no other reason than that the day/night cycle for plains is for some ungodly reason separate from the day night cycle of the REST OF THE PLANET EARTH.

all this said i am actually far more concerned with the planned additions to the teralyst lineup. its a doable but close line on captures solo right now. too much mobility and it breaks things. amped up sustained raw damage(by which i mean all damage is the eruption waves and starfall sort only the entire fight duration at the spam rate of seeking bullets) and it breaks things. 

I m old player with more than 3000 online hours, searched for this to say what I think here instead of complaining in a random update DE post, I hope some from the staff actually read these posts.

I also love the way some ppl here have all the answers fast 'eg go recruit channel' for everything. No, antiphoton is not crazy it's common sense, use it.

The eidolon hunt needs some kind of matchmaking (even if it's gonna be just an empty bounty title to click on the npc) and this is a fact, it's a casual mission, not law of retribution nightmare, and we don't go to recruit to do sortie 3 either. Earth is also a low level planet, which means it attracts low lvl players. The way game works, more than 60% of the times you join a random plains game, you either find ppl fishing (they won't think to create a solo game for that), or doing bounties, or whatever they like, but also the low level/new players don't have the equipment to stay alive vs eidolon or the knowledge on things like to avoid being hosts if they don't have a rather good connection or that when they leave they ruin the fight's progress, and in the end they ll either die and quit of they ll finish fishing/whatever they do at some map's corner and leave, and lures stop work. I ve experienced games with 3 host migrations in a row, but even when it happens once in 2-3 games it's still ridiculous, and this is very common.

In my point of view, i wouldn't mind to kill eidolon by myself so every1 in team gets the loot, but when i see a host lvl 11 or less i leave the game instantly for the reasons above.

It's not the new player's fault, it's just very poor matchmaking, all kinds of players in the same game, each one for different reasons. The rest stuff like if the lures take damage, or why they move slow and how they can be healed, is gameplay, you might like it or not and there is room for improvements for sure, but they re not crucial.

Plus DE knows very well that the time is limited and we have to long wait till next night on plains, and that matchmaking cycles you between gameA and gameB, and repeats that till all player spots in one of these 2 games are taken to move to gameB gameC cycles, and this wastes much time.

Edited by R31N

On 10.1.2018. at 4:16 PM, Antiphoton said:

We need to see what time is it on Cetus from the Orbiter.

Given that DE made bunch of resources that appear only at night and Teralyst that is showing only at night I don't understand why wasn't this thing already in the PoE when it launched...

One clock on liset on some console or on navigation and HUD timer somwhere in the corner of our screens when we are in Cetus and in PoE that shows what time of the day it is and how much time remains until next cycle IS A MUST.

I am failing to realize why this isn't in the game already when it is a reasonable thing and community is demanding it from very beginning.

45 minutes ago, R31N said:

I hope some from the staff actually read these posts.

They were but I think some of them are reading more Reedit than their own forums.

For example someone points out to a clear mistake in their game and it goes by unnoticed.Something like this:

Why I don't bother with Eidolons in the first place; recruiting chat goes something like this:

Must bring Trin, Harrow, Chroma, or Volt (Or whatever other meta frame is used for them), plus Opticor.

Not interested in any of those frames. Not going to bother if they're going to build Eidolons to be most efficient using only 4 or 5 of all the frames available.

As much as I'd like to see matchmaking for it, I know the group will disband anyway because of the various frames that we select.