Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A vote kick button

DocBrainz

In my opinion, there needs to be a vote kick button. While some people may abuse it to be mean, there are times when I REALLY wish it was there, just to save me time and some amount of headache. Two reasons: One is leechers, the other one is stubborn people who won't leave.

Leechers are the worst. They sit in the party, intentionally do nothing, and expect other people to do all the work in pugs. In star chart missions, this is fine. But in missions like sorties and Kuva floods, it's annoying. I expect people to try. They don't have to put out the best damage, or anything. But anyone can CC enemies, or get on the objective, or push a cart in Hijack etc. without needing end-game level builds. I've had Frost's that bubble themselves, sit in the bubble until the mission is done, then head to extract, moving so AFK timer doesn't pop. I've had people who find a corner, melee the wall, and never attack anything but still get rewards. It's obnoxious. And it'd be great to be able to kick these people who don't contribute in any way or form.

The other reason is when you're playing with a friend, and people refuse to leave the squad after a public mission. It forces us to leave squad and remake, and it's just a minor annoyance. It'd be nice to be able to just kick them out and go on with my day. It's a small complaint, but it is annoying.

The only possible way that can't be abused to hell and back is, if the player is afk for a certain amount of time, then YES a vote kick would automatically pop up for players to decide. But if you give the power itself to the players, where they can decide who gets kicked out at any time, then HELL NO! It would bring a whole new era of trolling

Edited by FashionFrame

29 minutes ago, DocBrainz said:

The other reason is when you're playing with a friend, and people refuse to leave the squad after a public mission. It forces us to leave squad and remake, and it's just a minor annoyance. It'd be nice to be able to just kick them out and go on with my day. It's a small complaint, but it is annoying.

I've heard all the other reasons before, numerous times, but this is new.

You do realize that with such a feature, the other people can actually kick you and your friend from the mission, right?

Because it's public, you wanting to play with your friend (and for them to leave) is not a valid complaint or reason to kick people. 

When you want to play with your friend, use the Invite Only or Friends Only options.

Then at the very least, a vote kick button outside of missions. I can kinda see why it would be bad, and maybe it would be better if the AFK timer let you vote to kick someone. But when you're not in a mission, just sitting in your ship, and someone won't leave and you have to remake the whole party, it's a tad annoying and it wouldn't be trolling to kick someone who's in their orbiter.

And I guess I have more faith in the Warframe community than most people. Maybe DE could just implement a way to punish leechers a bit more then. It's just obnoxious the amount of people that don't do S#&$ but expect a reward.

Sometimes I would rather have a leech then them F*** up a spy mission. 

I have a two year old and sometimes I have to just do S#&$ randomly in the middle of a mission. I would be fine with a kick, and I would be fine leeching. It's just a game to me. Honestly leeches don't bother me too much. They still don't get any pickups like rare mods and S#&$, they also don't get to have fun. It's their loss.

1 hour ago, DocBrainz said:

In my opinion, there needs to be a vote kick button. While some people may abuse it to be mean, there are times when I REALLY wish it was there, just to save me time and some amount of headache. Two reasons: One is leechers, the other one is stubborn people who won't leave.

Leechers are the worst. They sit in the party, intentionally do nothing, and expect other people to do all the work in pugs. In star chart missions, this is fine. But in missions like sorties and Kuva floods, it's annoying. I expect people to try. They don't have to put out the best damage, or anything. But anyone can CC enemies, or get on the objective, or push a cart in Hijack etc. without needing end-game level builds. I've had Frost's that bubble themselves, sit in the bubble until the mission is done, then head to extract, moving so AFK timer doesn't pop. I've had people who find a corner, melee the wall, and never attack anything but still get rewards. It's obnoxious. And it'd be great to be able to kick these people who don't contribute in any way or form.

Never going to happen... most would consider this a micro aggression that would cause them mental anguish and violate there safe space.

1 hour ago, DocBrainz said:

Then at the very least, a vote kick button outside of missions. I can kinda see why it would be bad, and maybe it would be better if the AFK timer let you vote to kick someone. But when you're not in a mission, just sitting in your ship, and someone won't leave and you have to remake the whole party, it's a tad annoying and it wouldn't be trolling to kick someone who's in their orbiter.

Again, there's no need for a kick option to solve a problem that already has a solution: use Invite Only or Friends Only. Otherwise, you and your friend are benefiting from a public squad's dynamics (often, 3 or 4 members are better than 2), and then kicking them once the objective is complete...even if they'd like to play more missions with you.

While it would be convenient for us to do this, it would seem (and feel) rude to those we kick just because we don't want to squad up again.

All I play is public. I rarely solo. When I don't mind, I stick with those who haven't exited the squad. When I do mind (am pressed for time), I simply leave and jump back into another mission.

And I guess I have more faith in the Warframe community than most people. 

Yes. This is a great community. But the Warframe community is also shepherded by DE's community guidelines and moderation, and the game itself (a free to play coop, as opposed to a more PVP-focused title) has engendered some of the positive spirit we've come to know and love.

People are people, essentially. We can be encouraged to be better by removing tools that can be abused. That can bring out the best in us. The flipside is wittingly adding abusive tools could encourage bad behavior. People are people; the vast majority aren't good or evil, we're something in between and can be nudged in either direction by various internal or external forces.

A kick feature, no matter how awesome this community is, would bring out the worst in us.

Edited by Rhekemi

Report these guys, add some screenshots. Some of these leechers will end up having 0 of every single activity.
When thousands of reports will be submitted maybe then DE will realize how big of an issue it is.
Vote kick is a good solution, it's not perfect, but games like WoW have proven it works as intended and abuse potential is minimal due to unanimity of the vote to have an effect.

edit: WoW has some restrictions preventing the abuse, Warframe could use similar limitations like:
1. Vote kick cannot be used within first 30 seconds of the mission.
2. Vote kick cannot be used while engaging in boss encounter.
3. Vote kick cannot be used while the objective has been completed.
4. Vote kick cannot be used again shortly after previous votekick had no effect.

It gives almost no chance for abuse. It's that simple.
"It's bad m'kay" is not a valid argument. Others have done it and it works.

Edited by saradonin
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, saradonin said:

Report these guys, add some screenshots. Some of these leechers will end up having 0 of every single activity.
When thousands of reports will be submitted maybe then DE will realize how big of an issue it is.
Vote kick is a good solution, it's not perfect, but games like WoW have proven it works as intended and abuse potential is minimal due to unanimity of the vote to have an effect.

edit: WoW has some restrictions preventing the abuse, Warframe could use similar limitations like:
1. Vote kick cannot be used within first 30 seconds of the mission.
2. Vote kick cannot be used while engaging in boss encounter.
3. Vote kick cannot be used while the objective has been completed.
4. Vote kick cannot be used again shortly after previous votekick had no effect.

It gives almost no chance for abuse. It's that simple.
"It's bad m'kay" is not a valid argument. Others have done it and it works.

How would the completed objective one work with endless missions? What if some smartheads decide to have fun and kick you right before the 5 minute/wave/excavator completes?What if they decide to kick you before all enemies are killed, the target is rescued,the sabotage is done or the third data mass is completed? 

Comparing situations from a game like WoW to Warframe where everything is on hyperspeed has no meaning. 

4 minutes ago, (Xbox One)ThermalStone said:

Part of the reason the Warframe community is so nice and supportive is that DE gives us very few opportunities to act badly.

Yeah, except it's not. Not anymore. It's not what it used to be 2 or 3 years ago.
Destiny 2 failure and wide PoE campaign, brought a lot of players, probably nice folks mostly, but also plenty or douchebags, trolls, rude "CoD kids", playing nice on forums while being jerks in the game. Maybe I'm getting old and see things differently than I used to, but regardless of the reasons, younger community or maybe greed and jealousy over rivens; it's turning into circle jerk. 

34 minutes ago, saradonin said:

Yeah, except it's not. Not anymore. It's not what it used to be 2 or 3 years ago.
Destiny 2 failure and wide PoE campaign, brought a lot of players, probably nice folks mostly, but also plenty or douchebags, trolls, rude "CoD kids", playing nice on forums while being jerks in the game. Maybe I'm getting old and see things differently than I used to, but regardless of the reasons, younger community or maybe greed and jealousy over rivens; it's turning into circle jerk. 

Yep, it should be no surprise to anyone that Warframe's growing popularity is going to attract all kinds of peeps.

2 hours ago, DocBrainz said:

And I guess I have more faith in the Warframe community than most people. Maybe DE could just implement a way to punish leechers a bit more then. It's just obnoxious the amount of people that don't do S#&$ but expect a reward.

You have the option to remake, your feelings about it is all your own. 

Who knows what this is really about; maybe you were trolled by a guy whose sole intention is too leech; maybe you insulted a guy too much instead of politely and straightforwardly asking him to leave so the least he could do is hold his ground and inconvinience you and you feel he shouldn't be allowed any reprisal.

If it's something like the former then i agree that something more could be done to punish leeching. If it's something like the latter then that's your own ordeal. Fact is remaking your squad is very easy to do and players have been doing it without reasonable complaints which yours isn't.

Overall, it's just a discussion. I've seen vote kick work well in plenty of games, especially if there's pretty strict limitations to it. Like I said, some kind of limitation as to when you can initiate a kick vote would be needed, such as an AFK timer of like 3-5 minutes or so.
 Where I'm mostly coming from is back in the day, I struggled in sorties. And I remember those days. However, I always tried to contribute. I would bring a tank, like Frost or Rhino and try to CC enemies and help out my teammates, even if I wasn't strong enough to kill level 100 bombards yet. I remember picking up Oberon and Trinity so I could heal and keep people alive so they could kill stuff. Mainly, I tried my hardest to contribute. So it really gets to me when someone wants to do nothing, but get the reward. And I do report them. But sometimes these missions are hard, but that doesn't stop them from being Limbo and sitting in the Void watching us bust our asses on a 3rd sortie augmented armor defense, or an energy reduction 3rd sortie Ambula assassination. I don't care if people do well, I care if people try.
 And yeah, I can abandon mission and remake the squad. It's not a huge deal, but I was interested in the discussion for a kick button. If I was to implement one, in my opinion, there'd definitely be plenty of limitations. Things like AFK timers, that 3 people have to vote for the kick, and things that prove you're contributing (bringing energy to an excavator, being near the defense objective, killing enemies in exterminate, damaging a boss, hacking a console in spy, etc.) protect you from being able to be kicked. It'd make it very difficult to troll with it.
 As for kicking people when forming a party, I really don't see where you can troll there. If you're on public, you're already in the mission by the time the party is formed. As long as you move and contribute, you can't be kicked. If you're sitting in the orbitor and want to simply 2 man a spy mission or otherwise make a new party (maybe you found a pug, but now you want to bring a clan-mate etc.) it'd be much easier to kick the random and invite your clanmate or swap to invite only than to have to reinvite and make a new party. If I was forming a party in recruit and someone kicked me, I wouldn't really be upset about it. It's whatever. I'll just find a new party. Or even ask why I was kicked.
 The big thing that's sucked me into this game is the amazing community, which is why I post on the forums and why I like having these discussions. I admit, there's trolls in Warframe, like any game. That's why Limbo gets any of the hate he does (people who intentionally troll with him, such as banishing people who are hacking) because people use him to troll. And you'll get that in every game. But I feel like leechers should be punished a bit harder, instead of having to waste the honest players time remaking and restarting a mission because someone is too lazy to actually contribute.

vor 14 Stunden schrieb FashionFrame:

The only possible way that can't be abused to hell and back is, if the player is afk for a certain amount of time, then YES a vote kick would automatically pop up for players to decide. But if you give the power itself to the players, where they can decide who gets kicked out at any time, then HELL NO! It would bring a whole new era of trolling

Soory, but event then there shouldn´t be a vote kick, it´s enough if there would be an autokick then.

My biggest issue is when doing Cetus bounties, mainly the highest level one, and you get a person that goes and mines, fishes, and collects resources instead of helping to do the actual bounty. What’s even more frustrating is when they are 1000 meters away and the rescue target teleports to them. Can’t stand people leeching.