The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mesa Deluxe Skin

Vanille

Bleh, I personally don't like the mesa deluxe skin. It gives it that Musketeer wearing long boosts and a trenchcoat which is don't kind of like. I personally like the tennogen DevilRanger skin more. Stop making Mesa look like a soldier from the 1600's and instead go for a wild west look. And while I do think a hat does suit Mesa these ones being designed look just utterly ridiculous.  It looks like you are wearing a dam 'ship in a bottle' display on your head.

6 hours ago, Xazur said:

Bleh, I personally don't like the mesa deluxe skin. It gives it that Musketeer wearing long boosts and a trenchcoat which is don't kind of like. I personally like the tennogen DevilRanger skin more. Stop making Mesa look like a soldier from the 1600's and instead go for a wild west look. And while I do think a hat does suit Mesa these ones being designed look just utterly ridiculous.  It looks like you are wearing a dam 'ship in a bottle' display on your head.

Deluxe skins are supposed to be redesigns. They take the core theme of the Warframes and go in a different direction, like DJ-Banshee. Primes are supposed to be the evolution of the core design. I'd expect more Wild West in that one.

Цитата

They take the core theme of the Warframes and go in a different direction, like DJ-Banshee

Problem with this, if anyone's run banshee they use prime because of it's skin. Not deluxe. You can say that prime will be always better than deluxe but I don't agree (see Ash prime - Ash deluxe for example).

This skin has potential but it's still has some issues. Well at least Mesa will have a prime and it should be relatively soon so there's that.

4 minutes ago, -Temp0- said:

Problem with this, if anyone's run banshee they use prime because of it's skin. Not deluxe. You can say that prime will be always better than deluxe but I don't agree (see Ash prime - Ash deluxe for example).

This skin has potential but it's still has some issues. Well at least Mesa will have a prime and it should be relatively soon so there's that.

I never said anything about Primes being better than Deluxe by design. Deluxe is simply there to offer an alternative aesthetic (at least in most cases, Excalibur and Nyx have their Dark Sector roots, which is more homage than true alternative).

Mesa's base skin is cowgirl themed, so her Prime will likely be designed as an advancement to that. Her deluxe skin is there as an alternative to the cowgirl theme. Still a gunslinger, but a step away from the Wild West. Less 'Shootout at High Noon', more 'Pistols at Dawn'.

On 1/12/2018 at 2:55 PM, Kiwinille said:

It's looking beautiful. After the drama with Ember's and Volt's, this one surprised me, I really like it and wasn't expecting it since Octavia's concept was shown, expecting it before any other. Can't wait to be able to buy it >:D

bm9JuUe.png

it looks nice. but not delux.

The new direction DE is oging has made me give up on the delux skins. and actly on a lot of other things too. 

38 минут назад, SaferSaviour сказал:

I never said anything about Primes being better than Deluxe by design. Deluxe is simply there to offer an alternative aesthetic (at least in most cases, Excalibur and Nyx have their Dark Sector roots, which is more homage than true alternative).

Mesa's base skin is cowgirl themed, so her Prime will likely be designed as an advancement to that. Her deluxe skin is there as an alternative to the cowgirl theme. Still a gunslinger, but a step away from the Wild West. Less 'Shootout at High Noon', more 'Pistols at Dawn'.

Few people have an issue with the theme. But with the quality and consistenty of the said theme. Right now, it mostly feels like nothing which is why people see Ivara or Zephyr and not Mesa here. The only hope that its still in progress and will get better but seeing Ember and Nova, that chances are slim really.

3 hours ago, -Temp0- said:

BullS#&$, I run Soprana skin with the Banshee Prime helmet. Her prime skin is ok, but there are parts that look odd in some cases, such as broad shoulders, lack of definition for the knees, and boat shoes.

10 minutes ago, Pathog3n said:

Agreed. As the name "Mesa" implies an old west gunslinger, I'll be taking a pass on this proposed Deluxe. Looks too close to the proposed Zephyr Deluxe, and not enough like what we know Mesa to be. A Gunslinger.

That's why this is a skin.   Optional content that should change the theme of a character.   That's half the point of skins.

Hydroid goes from Swamp Monster to Pirate Captain to Sea God with his variations.    Skins should have this sort of variance.

All Mesa's skins are boring because they're all so similar and don't stray much at all. 

Ooh.  I just had the thought that this Mesa Skin could easily be tweaked to be a Pirate Mesa skin.    Heck the body might even fit it as-is,  just slap a new pirate-y helmet.   (Though some tweaks to the body could do it good as well)

1 hour ago, StrawberryDevil said:

Ooh.  I just had the thought that this Mesa Skin could easily be tweaked to be a Pirate Mesa skin.    Heck the body might even fit it as-is,  just slap a new pirate-y helmet.   (Though some tweaks to the body could do it good as well)

Give the Mesa Deluxe helmet a feathery plume on one side so that it gives a high class Victorian feel and I’m sold.

edit: Probably the left side of the helmet near the brim so that it doesn’t cover the crosshairs when ADS.

Edited by (PS4)Lei-Lei_23

I like the direction they went with this. It makes mesa a little bit more "fantasy gun-wielder" with the tailcoat and other colonial stylings, which is a totally different yet equally cool aesthetic for mesa. I can see myself picking it up.

1 hour ago, (PS4)Lei-Lei_23 said:

Give the Mesa Deluxe helmet a feathery plume on one side so that it gives a high class Victorian feel and I’m sold.

edit: Probably the left side of the helmet near the brim so that it doesn’t cover the crosshairs when ADS.

See I kinda wAnted a 3 corner hat, either way. I can dig it. Feeling like Brotherhood of the Wolf

Edited by (XB1)RDeschain82

1 hour ago, (PS4)Lei-Lei_23 said:

Preferably with a ponytail "Hair" piece as well.  Akin to the graxx and tail of the bandana.      The empty space on the back of the head bugs me and it's the perfect spot to have such an effect.   And I just really like heads with "Hair".  Like a few of Saryn's. 

Why they chose a genocidal Spanish conquistador theme instead of a Mexican Revolutionary or Vaquero rider is beyond me. Hell even a pirate theme would have been a little more culturally sensitive. 😑

Mesa Prime better have bandoliers and/or a damn poncho so I can have my true chicana 'cow girl' theme. 🔫🔫

Edited by Sapphic-Sandra